Went back and watched the game Zeke was moving

lukemartin79

Reaction score
It might have been the 1st time this year. However, I still recall many times last year that play has been stuffed. Especially at Denver. Which we got stuffed twiced with Zeke.

Frankly, that was a dumb call by McCarthy. It gave the Giants a short field and took the wind out of our offense up until the 2nd half.
No the 3rd down call by Moore was dumb. Run it on 3rd and short.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Keep that man fresh he was cutting and hitting the hole with force. Also, the dude is a goal line monster. Can’t believe anyone thinks he’s done. He still has it.

RB combo & OL is the best unit on the team.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
It might have been the 1st time this year. However, I still recall many times last year that play has been stuffed. Especially at Denver. Which we got stuffed twiced with Zeke.

Frankly, that was a dumb call by McCarthy. It gave the Giants a short field and took the wind out of our offense up until the 2nd half.
I didn't like going for it where they were on the field and that early in the game either. That was a gamble not necessary to take so early. Also hated how Moore comes out throwing so much, when the running has been the formula for success.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I didn't like going for it where they were on the field and that early in the game either. That was a gamble not necessary to take so early. Also hated how Moore comes out throwing so much, when the running has been the formula for success.

I agree. That was a gamble not worth doing. And yes the 3rd and 1 should have been a run. I also don't get why we keep throwing deep up the middle with Lamb. He seems always to be surrounded by 2 or 3 guys when we do that. This seems to be the play that we throw the most INTs.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

No argument here. You have this amazing weapon at punter and you bypass a chance to pin a mistake prone QB deep in his own territory. Very dumb.. There is absolutely nothing wrong with playing field position early in games. There was no need to breathe life into the Giants there. Plus it was 4th and 2 not 4th and 1. If it's just one I trust Zeke to power ahead and get it but it's a lot harder to drag two 300 pound men for that one more yard.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
I just wonder....Are Zeke's TD's worth less because of his salary? They only count five points? Otherwise, what does his salary matter?

Fact is, this franchise does not use the money they have in reserve to bring in playmakers and difference makers. They shop at the Wall of Marts and acquire guys who bring little. Because those guys are not costly. Big splash, little results.

If that is the case, and it is much more than not. The idea of what a player makes who was drafted by this team is moot.

Jethro and Little Anus could have had Von Miller. Added to this defensive front, there would be offensive coordinators eating valiums like M&M's while resting on a psychiatrist's couch.

But the Jones' will not. Thus the continued lament about the price tag just doesn't fly.

If they will not use the money to acquire A-List help, then the money doesn't matter. Just like, "Whose Line Is It Anyway."

I feel like I’m retrospect Von Miller does not add a lot for his price to this team.

of course, why we just said goodbye to amari…yeah this teams philosophy is hard to follow.

Vabchshark

Reaction score
I looked it up.. They gave him one.. ONE!?!? Who watched that man bust through on so many runs and came away thinking he only broke one tackle in that game? I think the "official statistician" must have a daughter that Zeke banged and dumped somewhere along the way.. Wait.. can I say stuff like that anymore?

When I was looking that up I ran across some numbers that definitely should help fans appreciate Zeke a little more.

TP has 7 carries on goal to go from the 10 yard line or less. He has gained 12 yards and scored 2 TDs. That's certainly a respectable conversation percentage. Zeke has 10 carries in that same situation.. He has gained 16 yards and scored SIX TDs. As in he finds paydirt 60% of the time in those situations. Which makes you wonder aloud why the hell we throw it down there as much as we do.

I also found that Zeke has converted 15 of 18 3rd down and 3 or less situations as well. Better than an 83% success rate. When I look at stuff like this it boggles the mind that people act like any chump off the street can do what he does.. This kid continues to be a great football player for us. I'm so glad we have him.

For reference:

Saquon Barkley's success rate on third and short is 2 out of 6 (33.33%) and from 10 and in is 17 carries and 6 TDs.
Derrick Henry's success rate on third and short is 9 of 11 (81.8%) and from 10 and in is 12 carries for 17 yards and 8 TDs.
Nick Chubb's success rate on third and short is 4 of 6 (66.66%) and from 10 and in 15 carries for 25 yards and 6 TDs.
Jonathan Taylor's success rate on third and short is 8 of 14 (75.1%) and from 10 and in 13 carries for 13 yards and 2 TDs.

Zeke is better in these critical situations than all of these guys yet every day I read how there is nothing special about what Zeke does. Henry is the only one even close. Yet people continue to claim that you can find some dude working at Home Depot to replace Zeke. If it wasn't so stupid it would be funny.

Good stuff! Those who question Zeke's effectiveness and importance to this team must really not understand football. He's also an excellent team leader, which I think is underestimated. I think most look for the splash plays which you have to work for, and Zeke does work! I also believe the OC could use Zeke better in most situations, and that's not happening unfortunately.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I feel like I’m retrospect Von Miller does not add a lot for his price to this team.

of course, why we just said goodbye to amari…yeah this teams philosophy is hard to follow.
And after getting rid of Cooper for making the $ he does, and not trading for Cooks at the trade deadline because he makes too much $- Jerry is going to really sign OBJ coming off two ACL surgeries to the same kind of $, LOL. Your right, the philosophy is very hard to follow.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Zeke and Pollard are so different in styles they make the best 1-2 punch in the NFL in my opinion.

The past two games the Cowboys have perfectly split the two players' workload. I am so happy Zeke had a game to silence his critics.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
It’s not that he’s bad, it’s just that we’ve seen the best of him so people will always be left wanting that.

It’s the contract that makes it an issue. He definitely has value and is a nice combo to what Pollard brings. Just not at his price point.
Hes still great when healthy. He’s a complete back. He has speed just not as much. He can still take it to the house.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I hope we somehow resign both fir 3 more years.
With Daks contract that may be difficult. They have Diggs, Parsons, Lamb, etc to sign to contracts to keep them soon too. Hope Zeke restructures his so he remains a Cowboy. Afraid that may be the only way he remains one, unfortunately.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO, it's no way in hell he should have finished the game with only 92 yards after getting 51 in the 1st quarter.
You have to roll with it. Not sure how he only got 40 yards ....number of carries? Just keep running to kill clock?

I'm ok with it if we win.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
for his price to this team.

Fans are no longer captives of the dreams of the future built on hope. They are junior accountants who have played games like Madden and have removed the sheer excitement of the game to become analytical about money.

And this franchise has seldom shown they are ready to go all in.

Where is the joy this game brings? It's been tainted with the talk about money. And discussing the money aspect is fruitless.

You're either a fan or working a ledger book with no emptions.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
With Daks contract that may be difficult. They have Diggs, Parsons, Lamb, etc to sign to contracts to keep them soon too. Hope Zeke restructures his so he remains a Cowboy. Afraid that may be the only way he remains one, unfortunately.
Dak should be honest with himself and take a pay cut.