Wentz throwing again

kskboys

Reaction score
People don't return 100% from ACL surgery. As a mobile QB, he will never be the same.

His cuts and his strength will be diminished (along with an increased likelihood of reinjury).
Actually, you're right, they don't. They return better.

Dr. Robertson did my ACL surgury, back when I needed it about 15 or so years ago. He used to be the surgeon for the Chargers, moved to Fredericksburg and started performing the surgury there. In discussions presurgury, he explained to me that the ACL would actually come out stronger and better than before the tear.

Reactions: C42

kskboys

Reaction score
He's a good dude but he's too physical during the game. He plays like an absolute beast. If I am an Eagles fan I'd be like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!???" He'll kill his body, and the ACL tear was just a warning imo.
Agree.

Every athletic young QB thinks he's discovered fire and the wheel and peanut butter. Wonders why all young QB's don't take off running all the time. And then.......the injuries.

And an added negative: After a QB makes a longer run, he's gassed, and his passing goes to hades for a down or 3. This was pointed out to me when Cam was a rook, and I started watching for it, and sure enough, it appears to be the case.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
The Wentz hit on his ACL was really just unlcuky .. how he got hit on both side almost at same time . Some people think the Rams were trying to injure him . It would not surprise me as they are known to be a bit dirty at times

River82

Reaction score
Actually, you're right, they don't. They return better.

Dr. Robertson did my ACL surgury, back when I needed it about 15 or so years ago. He used to be the surgeon for the Chargers, moved to Fredericksburg and started performing the surgury there. In discussions presurgury, he explained to me that the ACL would actually come out stronger and better than before the tear.

Then he lied to you. Or you're lying now. One of the two.

It's well documented in medical studies that people return from an ACL surgery weaker, and I have posted those studies twice before, accompanied with a surgeon's opinion.

LOL, "better than before the tear". If that was the case, everybody would be "doing their ACL" and going under the knife.

Last edited:

PUSHfold

Reaction score
The Wentz hit on his ACL was really just unlcuky .. how he got hit on both side almost at same time . Some people think the Rams were trying to injure him . It would not surprise me as they are known to be a bit dirty at times

Wish the Cowboys would play with this ferociousness but instead we're like kittens.

River82

Reaction score
I don't want to hammer the point but:

Recent research continues to demonstrate a relatively low rate of return to previous level of play among athletes following ACLR (ACL reconstruction) combined with a significant risk of injury to either the ipsi or the contralateral ACL.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5577420/

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not quite sure what throwing a football has to do with knee surgery but..........ok.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Right knee blowout/ malfunction by week 12 in 2018,,,,book it!o_O

River82

Reaction score
God that knee looks horrible.

Some physio guys were speculating he did more than just tear his ACL, due to the doctors keeping his knee immobile for longer than traditionally. I wonder what the true extent of that injury was

Other than "he done screwed it up"

kskboys

Reaction score
Then he lied to you. Or you're lying now. One of the two.

It's well documented in medical studies that people return from an ACL surgery weaker, and I have posted those studies twice before, accompanied with a surgeon's opinion.

LOL, "better than before the tear". If that was the case, everybody would be "doing their ACL" and going under the knife.
My ACL is fine and hasn't been reinjured. Maybe someone is lying to you?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aria

Reaction score
Eh, I wouldn’t mind seeing him back in time, even if it means we face him early in the season. I like watching good football, period. If we can’t beat Philthy with Wentz them so be it, we obviously didn’t deserve to win.

River82

Reaction score
My ACL is fine and hasn't been reinjured. Maybe someone is lying to you?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure, the numerous studies performed measuring an athlete's performance post ACL surgery don't paint an accurate picture. I'm being lied to. Hoodwinked. Taken for a ride.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Hoping him the best. I'll celebrate players missing time due to being idiots like drug and violence suspebsions, but never wish an injury upon someone.

You know that killed him to watch from the sidelines even if he did/said all right things. Imagine if he never wins a Superbowl. Some people, and possibly him, will always look at that little asterisk where he didn't technically win one.

Proof

Reaction score
Memory serves me correct this is a knee issue and not a shoulder/throwing issue. Pat yourself on the back but if he was actually running and doing cutting drills color me impressed.

Him standing in place obviously gingerly stepping into his throws shouldn’t have you fist pumping for a GUARANTEED week 1 start

pretty much. he also threw in a game, immediately after the injury lol

Proof

Reaction score
Hoping him the best. I'll celebrate players missing time due to being idiots like drug and violence suspebsions, but never wish an injury upon someone.

You know that killed him to watch from the sidelines even if he did/said all right things. Imagine if he never wins a Superbowl. Some people, and possibly him, will always look at that little asterisk where he didn't technically win one.

i don't wish injury on anyone, and he seems like a good dude and is exciting to watch. I don't wish for the best though lol. *shrug*