Twitter: Werder: Cowboys assessed the most penalties in NFL

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo didn’t agree that it was a sack and Jim Nantz thought it was iffy. It was certainly a controversial call. I never said the other calls against the Chargers weren’t correct just pointing out that every team has calls go against them. That football!
I don't care what Romo thought. He's by far not one to go for advice about what to do or not, plus he was dead wrong about that call. The rules are in place for a reason: to protect the QB. The officials AND the NFL correctly explained their reasoning for calling that a QB sack, as it was definitely a sack.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't care what Romo thought. He's by far not one to go for advice about what to do or not, plus he was dead wrong about that call. The rules are in place for a reason: to protect the QB. The officials AND the NFL correctly explained their reasoning for calling that a QB sack, as it was definitely a sack.

He has a lot more knowledge than you do. You’re saying he’s dead wrong and you’re right? :laugh: You sound like an armchair fan.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
He got fired because he wasn’t winning enough games. He had back to back losing seasons. He couldn’t win anymore with Aaron Rodgers as his QB. The Packers got a lot better once he got booted. They have a great shot to win the Super Bowl.

OK, cool. Wouldn't that have something to do with his "endgame decisions"?

And what does any of this have to do with this thread topic or the Packers' lack of penalties under McCarthy?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He has a lot more knowledge than you do. You’re saying he’s dead wrong and you’re right? :laugh: You sound like an armchair fan.
Yes, Romo was dead wrong. I am right. The NFL explained and confirmed that. Choke on that fact.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
OK, cool. Wouldn't that have something to do with his "endgame decisions"?

And what does any of this have to do with this thread topic or the Packers' lack of penalties under McCarthy?

You obviously didn’t see the edit I’m referring to “in game” decisions. I gave my opinion on the thread topic saying this is an undisciplined team and you responded by bringing up McCarthy. You’re the one who’s changing the topic. You’re just looking for an argument.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
You obviously didn’t see the edit I’m referring to “in game” decisions. I gave my opinion on the thread topic saying this is an undisciplined team and you responded by bringing up McCarthy. You’re the one who’s changing the topic. You’re just looking for an argument.

McCarthy is the head coach of the team. How is bringing him up changing the topic? It is literally the very topic itself.

What part about this is confusing you?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
McCarthy is the head coach of the team. How is bringing him up changing the topic? It is literally the very topic itself.

What part about this is confusing you?

You’re the one who’s confused. You asked me why McCarthy got fired and I explained It’s because he suffered back to back losing seasons with Aaron Rodgers as his QB. You couldn’t figure that out yourself? I said the team is undisciplined and you’ve led the discussion here. Go waste someone else’s time.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
You’re the one who’s confused. You asked me why McCarthy got fired and I explained It’s because he suffered back to back losing seasons with Aaron Rodgers as his QB. You couldn’t figure that out yourself? I said the team is undisciplined and you’ve led the discussion here. Go waste someone else’s time.
Rodgers was injured. Any coach can be fired if they stick around long enough. Tom Landry was fired.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score

I didn't ask you why he got fired. I didn't even bring up McCarthy being fired at all, you did.

My first post in this thread was simply pointing out that McCarthy was one of the least penalized coaches in the league in Green Bay.

You quoted me by saying: "Different players and different teams. McCarthy also ended up getting fired in Green Bay. Was he being heavily scrutinized and criticized in Green Bay for his endgame decisions? He certainly has with the Cowboys."

What does any of the underlined have to do with the topic at hand, or the post of mine that you quoted? We're talking about penalties assessed to a Mike McCarthy coached team. That's it. That's all.

Is there some sort of medication you can take for whatever mental issue you appear to be having here?

ESisback

Reaction score

I'll add... Officials talk. Officials watch games too. They have a pre-game just like teams. They go into it knowing what teams are known for, so they are most likely going to look for those things.

It’s not really the number, it’s the timing. Dallas gets a flag when there’s a big play in their favor.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Rodgers was injured. Any coach can be fired if they stick around long enough. Tom Landry was fired.

Rodgers was injured for part of the 2017 season but was available the entire 2018 season. McCarthy got fired during the 2018 season. He was having a losing season with Aaron Rodgers. That’s why he got fired.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why? You didn't provide any links to support your drivel.

I did provide a link with Romo not agreeing with the call. Lol Even Jim Nantz said it was iffy. You don’t have any links to support anything you say.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I did provide a link with Romo not agreeing with the call. Lol Even Jim Nantz said it was iffy. You don’t have any links to support anything you say.
Learn the rules...

NFL Rules on Sacking the Quarterback

Grasp and Control
The NFL has had a rule on the books for many years that calls for the referee to blow the play dead if a defensive player has the quarterback in his grasp. The term grasp and control is used to define this rule.

Grasp and control is up to the judgment of the official on the field, who must decide if the quarterback's ability to make a play has been stopped because he is under the control of a defender who has a hold on him. If he feels there is control, he will blow the whistle and the play is ruled a sack at that spot.

https://www.sportsrec.com/nfl-rules-regulations-helmet-helmet-6729939.html

Clearly, Micah had Herbert in his grasp, thus the officials blew the whistle to protect the QB. You, Romo and others need to learn and understand the rules of what constitutes a QB sack.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PFF uses that same logic to say Diggs ain't totally the bees knees and then fans jump on them to say they don't know what they're talking about. Depends on which way the wind is blowing I guess.

I don't pay attention to PFF or rankings. Even even they say a player is top 10 or #1. Great if they are, but it means nothing to me.
Stats, well, anyone can can stats for or against their agenda, if they have one at all. Sometimes stats are just stats.

Wins is what matters. Especially in the playoffs as we all know. 500 yards passing, 200 yards rushing does not matter if you lose, or win for that matter, unless it is the SB.

Aven8

Reaction score
Lots of holding and PI’s will get you to the top.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I'll add... Officials talk. Officials watch games too. They have a pre-game just like teams. They go into it knowing what teams are known for, so they are most likely going to look for those things.

Cowboys opponents have the 2nd most penalties, third most penalty yards, and the most offensive holding calls this season.

When the Cowboys play, flags fly both ways. But of course Werder and Mosher will only talk about the side their audience wants to hear. That's their livelihood.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Has anyone gone back to looks at MM and Joe Philbin’s previous teams to see how offensive line penalties were called for their units previously?

I want to hate on the refs, but what I see, on the offensive line at least, is a ton of reach blocking and not letting go. The Cowboys OL isn’t firing off the ball, they’re lulling back on their heels and reaching.

At this point, I think it’s a technical/teaching/coaching issue.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans can spin whatever nonsense they want but this is an undisciplined team.
Yes we do.....but if you don't think officials bias is real, you've never strapped it on.