Twitter: Werder: Cowboys assessed the most penalties in NFL

CWR

Reaction score
It was never brought up during the telecast. The QB is basically trying to defend himself so it’s probably not a foul provided they’re not grabbing their face mask.

ARTICLE 15. TWISTING, PULLING, OR TURNING THE FACEMASK OR HELMET OPENING
No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask or helmet opening of an opponent in any direction.

I'm not positive this applies here, but Herbert is "pushing" Parsons helmet.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you've never seen a bad call? We're all held accountable in the workforce and many if us still screw up.....it happens, I know it happens....I've seen it happen, I've heard from several horses mouths that it happens...

I see bad calls every week but they’re not intentional. That’s my point! Mistakes are going happen with officiating, the game moves very fast. Human beings make mistakes. This is why they have replay but a lot of close calls come down to judgment. Not every call is clear cut. Even on slow-no replay it’s hard to tell. Officials that consistently make mistakes are held accountable.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ARTICLE 15. TWISTING, PULLING, OR TURNING THE FACEMASK OR HELMET OPENING
No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask or helmet opening of an opponent in any direction.

I'm not positive this applies here, but Herbert is "pushing" Parsons helmet.

I can’t recall ever seeing a call for pushing the facemask. You never see them making that call especially with a QB trying to avoid a pass rush.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see bad calls every week but they’re not intentional. That’s my point! Mistakes are going happen with officiating, the game moves very fast. Human beings make mistakes. This is why they have replay but a lot of close calls come down to judgment. Not every call is clear cut. Even on slow-no replay it’s hard to tell. Officials that consistently make mistakes are held accountable.
Not really, one of my best friends is an NFL official.....I know I know how it works....just like any other job...don't fool yourself.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not really, one of my best friends is an NFL official.....I know I know how it works....just like any other job...don't fool yourself.

I saw a program on how it works from several who officiated NFL games along with Dean Blandino and Mike Perera. They explained exactly how it works.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw a program on how it works from several who officiated NFL games along with members of the league. They explained exactly how it works.
You saw a program? Lol! That's like learning see from a magazine....lol!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You saw a program? Lol! That's like learning see from a magazine....lol!

A TV program that included current NFL officials along with Dean Blandino and Mike Perera. I’m learning from those who actually know what they’re talking about while you’re obtaining information from your buddies. lol

CWR

Reaction score
I can’t recall ever seeing a call for pushing the facemask. You never see them making that call especially with a QB trying to avoid a pass rush.

I cant recall many qbs pushing defenders by the face either, but maybe I'm not paying attention. After Barber abused the league they did make certain that type of contact was illegal. I'm not positive it should've been called, just food for thought.

The other thing on that play is hearing the whistle blow. If they blew it before he got the ball out it was all about protecting the qb and I understand the call.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A program that included NFL officials along with Dean Blandino and Mike Perera. I’m learning from those who actually know what they’re talking about while you’re obtaining information from your buddies. lol
You lost me at blandino...... really think they would say the truth on camera......I sat with several NFL and Big 12 officials while drinking beer and eating fajitas and had this discussion.....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I cant recall many qbs pushing defenders by the face either, but maybe I'm not paying attention. After Barber abused the league they did make certain that type of contact was illegal. I'm not positive it should've been called, just food for thought.

The other thing on that play is hearing the whistle blow. If they blew it before he got the ball out it was all about protecting the qb and I understand the call.

Marion Barber was using his hand as a punch to the face. It was like an Ali jab. Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You lost me at blandino...... really think they would say the truth on camera......I sat with several NFL and Big 12 officials while drinking beer and eating fajitas and had this discussion.....

You had this discussion while drinking beer? lol They must have been loaded. You just lost me admitting your information is coming from drinking buddies. :laugh: Like they’re actually going to tell you anything of value over a beer.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You had this discussion while drinking beer? lol They must have been loaded. You just lost me admitting your information is coming from drinking buddies. :laugh: Like they’re actually going to tell you anything of value.
My drinking buddies were NFL and NCAA refs....not wannabes

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
My drinking buddies were NFL and NCAA refs....not wannabes

Who cares they’re drinking buddies that will tell you anything you want to hear. Blandino and Mike Pereira work for the networks now so they can spill everything. They’re very candid and opinionated. They’re getting paid to tell it like it is.

CWR

Reaction score
Marion Barber was using his hand as a punch to the face. It was like an Ali jab. Lol

It was legal at the time. Just like Roy Willams horse collar and on and on.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares they’re drinking buddies that will tell you anything you want to hear.
Well, I'm happy to see that I command that much respect.....you go ahead and get your info from the internet, I'll get it from the horses mouth.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well, I'm happy to see that I command that much respect.....you go ahead and get your info from the internet, I'll get it from the horses mouth.

I’m getting my information from Network TV from those who get paid a lot of money to provide insight. Dean Blandino and Mike Perera work for the networks now. Both are very candid and opinionated. Gene Steratore also provides very candid information on officiating with CBS. They’re not being paid by the Networks to provide BS and miss lead anyone.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I'll add... Officials talk. Officials watch games too. They have a pre-game just like teams. They go into it knowing what teams are known for, so they are most likely going to look for those things.

Just think how many they committed that werent called?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m getting my information from Network TV from those who get paid a lot of money to provide insight. Dean Blandino and Mike Perera work for the networks now. Both are very candid and opinionated. Gene Steratore also provides very candid information on officiating with CBS. They’re not being paid by the Networks to miss lead anyone.
Lol! So that's better than hearing it from guys that actually call the games? You're probably getting info from foxnews and CNN too
...funny....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lol! So that's better than hearing it from guys that actually call the games? You're probably getting info from foxnews and CNN too
...funny....

Those guys called the games! Two of them were VPs of officiating. Lol Gene Steratore called games. They even had current officials weighing in. I get my information from people who actually know what’s going on, not a bunch of drinking buddies. Lol