Twitter: Werder: "Internal Conflict" With Signing Earl Thomas

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hold on.....me the fan thought Haha was here to start and fantasized about it?

For starters grow the hell up.

Second, I did no such thing. What the Cowboys paid him they are the ones who said he would be a starter here. Not me. Take that up with them. They "fantasized" about it. Either that or they decided to have a expensive backup and that is moronic. But you seem to think they paid him to be a backup to Darian Thompson. Oh ok lol.

And Haha ain't better than Heath if he can't stat over Darian Thompson.
so what's you issue then? haha is not a starter. we are looking for starters in what we have. reports on woods are pretty good, including from MM. ET is cut because of actions he took detrimental to the team. no team has signed him, no one is knocking down his door and seemingly a guy, 31, who is lost a couple of steps and now has chemistry issues...sorry, I don't think I want ET. he can go to cleveland or Miami or somewhere like that and make his last contract. I rather wait and draft our Saftey next year.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
That pretty much confirms what I thought I used momma and sister jokes in the 70’s they’ve been out for awhile now

I called my sis she told me to tell your childish *** she don’t want earl either lol

Your sis is as wise as Edie Adams and as beautiful as Kim Darby.
@cern will back me on this.

starfan1

Reaction score
Better to remain silent and leave suspicion of stupidity then to open the yapper and remove all doubt

congratulation you continue to remove all doubt.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
so what's you issue then? haha is not a starter. we are looking for starters in what we have. reports on woods are pretty good, including from MM. ET is cut because of actions he took detrimental to the team. no team has signed him, no one is knocking down his door and seemingly a guy, 31, who is lost a couple of steps and now has chemistry issues...sorry, I don't think I want ET. he can go to cleveland or Miami or somewhere like that and make his last contract. I rather wait and draft our Saftey next year.
I’ve stated my “issue”. Either you agree or don’t. It’s whatever.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If this guy is the missing link between the Cowboys and a championship there's no rush to make room in the trophy case. :rolleyes:

Thomas didn’t fly back to Baltimore with the team after an Oct. 20 victory in Seattle, where he played nine seasons. That caused him to miss two days of meetings.

Thomas showed up late or not at all for a number of meetings last season. The fines and warnings simply did not make an impact on Thomas, and the behavior continued this month as the Ravens returned to training camp.

Thomas said last week he needed more time between practices and meetings. Just days before the altercation with Clark, Thomas pulled his all-time diva move by explaining he was late because he was having his car washed.

Earl Thomas’ fight with teammate Chuck Clark after Thomas blew a coverage during a practice drill last week was the proverbial last straw leading the Baltimore Ravens to cut ties with the safety.

The day that the Ravens realized signing Earl Thomas was a mistake

Blimey. Maybe I am wrong but I dinnah think Mac Ca would want this drama in Dallas.

Listen, ruffians, we are rihting this ship of fools. Let's not repeat the mistakes of 1900 yesterday.I

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Newsflash, this isn't GB. Jerry made it clear from the day he introduced Mike to the public as his pick as the Cowboys next HC that his role with the Cowboys would be greater than it was in GB. This was evident by the way the draft and free agency were administered by the Cowboys. Did you not notice a more aggressive approach to both? The McCarthy effect is real so wise up, the evolution of the Cowboys FO is being heavily influenced by Mike.
The draft was not administered in a way different than the last decade or so. Unless you believe a Jason Garrett led draft would have passed on CeeDee. This is a stupid assumption to make.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The draft was not administered in a way different than the last decade or so. Unless you believe a Jason Garrett led draft would have passed on CeeDee. This is a stupid assumption to make.
Exactly. It was a good draft, but we also had a good draft in 2016 without McCarthy. We don't even know at this point if this draft will be as good or better than that one.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'll tell you what a stupid assumption is... it's when talking about drafting CeeDee as the only pick that could represent a departure from previous drafts. :rolleyes:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll tell you what a stupid assumption is... it's when talking about drafting CeeDee as the only pick that could represent a departure from previous drafts. :rolleyes:
Name the ones that were departures. CB's? Nope, the Cowboys have drafted those. A DE? Nope, they have drafted those too. A 3rd round DT? Nope, they've done that too.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Name the ones that were departures. CB's? Nope, the Cowboys have drafted those. A DE? Nope, they have drafted those too. A 3rd round DT? Nope, they've done that too.
I'm not going on a rundown of each pick that would be different or the same just to appease you but I will just say this. If Jason Garrett had still been our HC, our haul of draft picks would not be the same, not at all. Of course, this is only my opinion and not fact and there is no way I can prove this point but neither can you disprove it. You can only counter it with your own opinion.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I think they absolutely would have gone defense if Garrett was still the head coach.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I think they would have allowed Marinelli to screw up this year's draft if they were still here - just like he was allowed to do in 2017 and 2019.

The deniers can suck on that.
We probably would have gotten Diggs in the first and Gallimore in the 2nd lol. Maybe Chaisson and Diggs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not going on a rundown of each pick that would be different or the same just to appease you but I will just say this. If Jason Garrett had still been our HC, our haul of draft picks would not be the same, not at all. Of course, this is only my opinion and not fact and there is no way I can prove this point but neither can you disprove it. You can only counter it with your own opinion.
So just vague generalizations rather than the clear, indisputable evidence you seemed to indicate originally.

And no you can’t prove it. At least we agree on that. But it’s your point, and you haven’t even provided evidence to support what you said. Your argument is simple that it’s clear to see, but It’s apparently not clear enough for you to provide examples.

As for me not being able to prove you wrong, it was your point to make, so if the only support you have is that someone can’t prove you wrong rather than having evidence you are right, that’s not much of a point. Even so, I actually did provide some evidence and not just general comments. The uniqueness of the positions and players drafted doesn’t bear out when looking at the facts. All the positions we drafted are positions we have drafted before, many at or near the same round in the draft. We also know the 2016 draft was highly successful, so we can’t say a good draft is unique either.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So just vague generalizations rather than the clear, indisputable evidence you seemed to indicate originally.

And no you can’t prove it. At least we agree on that. But it’s your point, and you haven’t even provided evidence to support what you said. Your argument is simple that it’s clear to see, but It’s apparently not clear enough for you to provide examples.

As for me not being able to prove you wrong, it was your point to make, so if the only support you have is that someone can’t prove you wrong rather than having evidence you are right, that’s not much of a point. Even so, I actually did provide some evidence and not just general comments. The uniqueness of the positions and players drafted doesn’t bear out when looking at the facts. All the positions we drafted are positions we have drafted before, many at or near the same round in the draft. We also know the 2016 draft was highly successful, so we can’t say a good draft is unique either.
I didn't know you were such a Jason Garrett fan. I pity you for that. You making this counter-argument that our draft would have been exactly the same with him still around is eye-opening about the depths of stupidity you will go just to engage in an argument. I stated a simple opinion, in rebuttal you have sided with Garrett. Good luck with that one, Skippy. lol