Twitter: Werder: "Internal Conflict" With Signing Earl Thomas

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The players are off today while the staff and FO are still at work prepping for the scrimmage tomorrow. Where is Earl Thomas? Is he in Texas talking to the Cowboys personnel? I'm hoping that process is ongoing today. We should be hearing something definitive by tomorrow during the televised scrimmage. I'm sure the inquiries from the media will be forthcoming at that time.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't know you were such a Jason Garrett fan. I pity you for that. You making this counter-argument that our draft would have been exactly the same with him still around is eye-opening about the depths of stupidity you will go just to engage in an argument. I stated a simple opinion, in rebuttal you have sided with Garrett. Good luck with that one, Skippy. lol
Nonsensical comment. Seems for some the belief that Garrett was a bad coach means you have to believe every piece of nonsense anyone can fabricate about the guy.

That’s very weak logic. Tell me, to believe he was a bad coach for the Cowboys do I also have to believe he kicks puppies and steals the coins from the blind man’s tin cup?

Then there is the fact nobody really believes Garrett was firmly in control of who got drafted without regard for McClay, Stephen and Jerry (except maybe you for the purpose of this argument)

As for the draft being “exactly the same”, that wasn’t your argument. You didn’t say it’s possible a pick or two might have been different , you said this draft was entirely different and much more aggressive.

Yet you can’t provide examples, and can’t argue against what I wrote to the contrary.

It seems your entire argument is based on the notion that this draft had to be completely different and more aggressive only because saying otherwise would be siding with Garrett. That’s not really an argument.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nonsensical comment. Seems for some the belief that Garrett was a bad coach means you have to believe every piece of nonsense anyone can fabricate about the guy.

That’s very weak logic. Tell me, to believe he was a bad coach for the Cowboys do I also have to believe he kicks puppies and steals the coins from the blind man’s tin cup?

Then there is the fact nobody really believes Garrett was firmly in control of who got drafted without regard for McClay, Stephen and Jerry (except maybe you for the purpose of this argument)

As for the draft being “exactly the same”, that wasn’t your argument. You didn’t say it’s possible a pick or two might have been different , you said this draft was entirely different and much more aggressive.

Yet you can’t provide examples, and can’t argue against what I wrote to the contrary.
It seems your entire argument is based on the notion that this draft had to be completely different and more aggressive only because saying otherwise would be siding with Garrett. That’s not really an argument.
God bless you if you like Garrett so much. I don't and so I'm not going to pretend he would do as well as what we have now.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your response got mixed in with what you quoted above. As for the content of it, you still have not used logic or evidence support your claim. .

All you seem to be arguing is that this was a change in how we draft and if you don’t think so you are a Garrett lover, as if that somehow makes the point without the need for a single stitch of evidence.

It’s not about liking Garrett, it’s about looking at facts, and you have done nothing but run away from that

But, if we are skipping evidence and logic, when did you become such a fan of Jerry Jones as GM? I didn’t know you loved him so much that you believe any shortcoming in the past was all on Garrett and had nothing to do with Jerry.

see how that works ...?