Twitter: Werder: "Internal Conflict" With Signing Earl Thomas

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
cheap, available. but is he going to come in and fit with the team or is he going to come in and mess up the chemistry they are trying to build?
A valid question but if the reports are true...seems like Ha Ha is screwing up the chemistry and team with his bad play to the point we are starting Darian Thompson at camp. That can't be good for chemistry either can it?

"There" doesn't necessarily mean "cheap".

The guy managed to screw up a sweetheart deal with the Ravens that was paying him $14 million a year.

And his head doesn't seem to be in a good place lately.

So it's possible that he still thinks he's worth a lot of money and hasn't yet come to grips with the fact that he isn't.

Well I think the money is still being worked out because if I'm not mistaken they don't know if he'll receive his 10 million from the Ravens or if he won't. So maybe that's what the Cowboys and everyone else is waiting on but I haven't seen or heard the Cowboys being concerned with the money. The conflict seems to be on the player himself.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
its not a deluded fan base. its what Jerry has always done, I don't need to give you the list (If I have to enumerate his meddlings, then you must be a new fan). and it always starts with contradicting his coaches. has he brought in ET yet? no, but the reports are there were meetings, the coaches said they like the talent they have. so media reported cowboys aren't interested, to which jerry responded, that's not true we never said that (undermining his coaches).

its not an agenda. its been 25 years of jerry meddling that's led us to under achieve like no other team in the league. facts are facts. defend jerry all you want. his history of meddling speaks for itself. so just call me once beaten twice shy (more like 100 times beaten, I am sore and tired and in pain).....
You’re making **** up. Coaches are always going to say they like their players. That doesn’t mean they wouldn’t want someone better. Jerry didn’t undermine the coaches. You’re part of the delusional fan base.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I think the money is still being worked out because if I'm not mistaken they don't know if he'll receive his 10 million from the Ravens or if he won't. So maybe that's what the Cowboys and everyone else is waiting on but I haven't seen or heard the Cowboys being concerned with the money. The conflict seems to be on the player himself.

I think the two things are intertwined. If Dallas gives him bonus us or guarantees, it makes it hard r to get rid of him if he does become a locker room problem. And if McCarthy has concerns, Jones will have to create a low risk deal that gives the team and coach th ability to easily get out of it if things go south.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If this guy is the missing link between the Cowboys and a championship there's no rush to make room in the trophy case. :rolleyes:

Thomas didn’t fly back to Baltimore with the team after an Oct. 20 victory in Seattle, where he played nine seasons. That caused him to miss two days of meetings.

Thomas showed up late or not at all for a number of meetings last season. The fines and warnings simply did not make an impact on Thomas, and the behavior continued this month as the Ravens returned to training camp.

Thomas said last week he needed more time between practices and meetings. Just days before the altercation with Clark, Thomas pulled his all-time diva move by explaining he was late because he was having his car washed.

Earl Thomas’ fight with teammate Chuck Clark after Thomas blew a coverage during a practice drill last week was the proverbial last straw leading the Baltimore Ravens to cut ties with the safety.

The day that the Ravens realized signing Earl Thomas was a mistake

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen Jones signs the contracts now and has for the last few years.

DLaw's agent only spoke to Jerry once and that was at a photoshoot.
Signing contracts is not always a sign of power. Many businesses and organizations’ payroll checks are signed by a Chief Financial Officer or some other upper management executive or accountant. Who signs checks or even negotiates contracts is not a bottom line power indicator.

Saying Stephen Jones is now mostly in charge is the wishful thinking of some of our fans. Because Jerry isn’t the one talking to agents or is only doing photo shoots, etc is not an accurate assessment in my view of Jerry or Stephen’s role or power quotient.

Yes, compared to say 2005, Stephen plays a much bigger role in the function of the organization. But from the evidence in front of us, Jerry Jones is still the Chief power broker in Dallas. At least that’s what he says.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
McCarthy is not the GM. Jerry could have made him coach and GM, but he didn't.

Cant undermine the HC. That's how we got here in the first place. If the head coach strongly doesn't want a player that he feels will damage his locker room or chemistry, then Jerry or any GM should respect that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
A valid question but if the reports are true...seems like Ha Ha is screwing up the chemistry and team with his bad play to the point we are starting Darian Thompson at camp. That can't be good for chemistry either can it?

haha is not screwing up the chemistry. Ha Ha is not playing well. there is a difference. know the difference. you can be a great player, but an a-hole and you mess up the chemistry....ala TO

personal Chemistry, has nothing to do with playing ability. there is Playing chemistry where players trust each other on the field and understand each other, etc. seemingly ET doesn't have personal chemistry with the rest of the team, that will lead to lack of chemsitry on the field. because often, that leaks into the meetings, working together, trusting each other, open communication, working together, being a team before you can have chemsitry on the field.

I don't think money is the issue. does he have enough left in the tank given now his reputation is that he doesnt' get along with his teammates to be worth the headache......apprantley 31 teams have already said no or at least not jumping to sign him if he was all that...apprantley he is not all that

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You’re making **** up. Coaches are always going to say they like their players. That doesn’t mean they wouldn’t want someone better. Jerry didn’t undermine the coaches. You’re part of the delusional fan base.
really...coaches never say they are interested in better player...so coaches weren't interested in griffen? or McCoy? or Poe...they just wanted to keep their players...

I think for dilusional. you need to look in the mirror....you at somepoint will learn...jerry is jerry and he will always meddle. that's him. for over 25 years now. results on the field have been not good

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
haha is not screwing up the chemistry. Ha Ha is not playing well. there is a difference. know the difference. you can be a great player, but an a-hole and you mess up the chemistry....ala TO

personal Chemistry, has nothing to do with playing ability. there is Playing chemistry where players trust each other on the field and understand each other, etc. seemingly ET doesn't have personal chemistry with the rest of the team, that will lead to lack of chemsitry on the field. because often, that leaks into the meetings, working together, trusting each other, open communication, working together, being a team before you can have chemsitry on the field.

I don't think money is the issue. does he have enough left in the tank given now his reputation is that he doesnt' get along with his teammates to be worth the headache......apprantley 31 teams have already said no or at least not jumping to sign him if he was all that...apprantley he is not all that
Know the difference?I do know the difference and if you've played in a team setting and you feel like you have a guy not pulling his weight then frustration will build. They did not sign Ha Ha to be a backup at any point of this camp. TO didn't screw up with team chemistry. The players LOVED him. The coaches are the ones who hated him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
really...coaches never say they are interested in better player...so coaches weren't interested in griffen? or McCoy? or Poe...they just wanted to keep their players...

I think for dilusional. you need to look in the mirror....you at somepoint will learn...jerry is jerry and he will always meddle. that's him. for over 25 years now. results on the field have been not good
Now you're not even making sense and trying to twist my words. Here's what I said:
Coaches are always going to say they like their players. That doesn’t mean they wouldn’t want someone better. Jerry didn’t undermine the coaches.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Know the difference?I do know the difference and if you've played in a team setting and you feel like you have a guy not pulling his weight then frustration will build. They did not sign Ha Ha to be a backup at any point of this camp. TO didn't screw up with team chemistry. The players LOVED him. The coaches are the ones who hated him.

they may yet cut haha or relegate him to be a back up.....you the fan thought Ha Ha is here to start and fantasized about it.....but Ha Ha has bounced around. Ha ha is not what he used to be. Ha Ha was signed to replace Heath and Ha Ha is better than Heath......

TO screwed up with team chemistry. he did it in SF. he did in Philly. he did it in Dallas. he DEVIDED the locker room. some players liked him. some didn't get along...a devided locker will never win. and coaches didn't like him because they knew he will devide the locker room. and as evident, a devided team will not win. can't argue with that.

jrumann59

Reaction score
There should be no internal conflict. Either you want him or you don't. I don't get this situation with Earl at all. If people are divided on him then you shouldn't sign him.
Today's NFL is about Risk management also. Look at how they handled Bennett last year. To get him to sign on do what the team wanted they cut a year off his deal.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
they may yet cut haha or relegate him to be a back up.....you the fan thought Ha Ha is here to start and fantasized about it.....but Ha Ha has bounced around. Ha ha is not what he used to be. Ha Ha was signed to replace Heath and Ha Ha is better than Heath......

TO screwed up with team chemistry. he did it in SF. he did in Philly. he did it in Dallas. he DEVIDED the locker room. some players liked him. some didn't get along...a devided locker will never win. and coaches didn't like him because they knew he will devide the locker room. and as evident, a devided team will not win. can't argue with that.
Hold on.....me the fan thought Haha was here to start and fantasized about it?

For starters grow the hell up.

Second, I did no such thing. What the Cowboys paid him they are the ones who said he would be a starter here. Not me. Take that up with them. They "fantasized" about it. Either that or they decided to have a expensive backup and that is moronic. But you seem to think they paid him to be a backup to Darian Thompson. Oh ok lol.

And Haha ain't better than Heath if he can't stat over Darian Thompson.