Werder just on espn 4/26 am

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2052822 said:
This is the 2nd time I have heard the Lions want Henne.

Hmm.

Shut up - you have bad breath..........

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;2052825 said:
Shut up - you have bad breath..........

Slamming them down pretty fast are you Foster Brooks? (Youngens might not get that one.)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;2052829 said:
Slamming them down pretty fast are you Foster Brooks? (Youngens might not get that one.)

There is no end.................:beer2:

Dallas22

Reaction score
I'd MUCH rather the Cowboys go for Roy Williams and draft Felix Jones to compliment Marion the Barbarian... hopefully the QB or player that the Lions want is still there at #22 OR #28 and the Cowboys can pull this trade for RW.

WOW, imagine this lineup for the Cowboys:

OFFENSE (* = Run Down OR Pass Down)
---------
QB - Romo
HB - Barber / F Jones
*FB - D Anderson
WR - Owens
WR - R Williams
*3rd WR - Crayton / T Glenn (if healthy, Hurd if not)
TE - Witten / T Curtis
OL - Adams, Columbo, Davis, Kosier, Gurode

DEFENSE
---------
NT - Ratliff / Tank
DE - Canty, Spears
OLB - Ware, Ellis
ILB - Bradie, Z Thomas
CD - Newman, Henry (Pacman Jones if reinstated, using ALL 3 CBs in Passing downs)
S - Hamlin, R Williams

SPECIAL TEAMS
----------------
K - Folk
P - McBriar
PR - Pacman / Newman
KR - Pacman, Newman
LS - LP Ladoucer

So what do you all think of our team??? I think that this (barring key injuries) IS the Super Bowl Champion team for the 2008 season... GO COWBOYS!!!

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2052769 said:
Sounds like what I've been saying.

Mendenhall @ 22.

RW for the 28th

I would love it.

Agree wholeheartedly. That would be a dream draft day. Mendenhall falling down the board into our laps would allow us to be certain that we have drafted an impact player that will be a workhorse regardless of what transpires with MBIII's future. It could also get Jerry's adrenaline going to the point he is dying to make another big move and offer the Lions something they can't refuse. Ahh, the suspense is gutwrenching.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I woke up this morning thinking that us moving to #4 and getting McFadden is a bigger possibility that I had been thinking.

Jerry wants a WOW player on offense and McFadden would give him that. He wants someone dangerous opposite TO and Garrett could work McFadden in some opposite TO (with Barber at RB) and DMC has the hands to catch passes as a WR some. He's about the exact size of Devin Thomas but faster.

That way, Run DMC can help at two positions, see the field more and justify his cost... both in monetary terms and in picks.

So, that is my crazy prediction for the day. We end up with McFadden at Oakland's #4 pick and he plays both RB (resting Barber) and some WR.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AsthmaField;2053000 said:
I woke up this morning thinking that us moving to #4 and getting McFadden is a bigger possibility that I had been thinking.

Jerry wants a WOW player on offense and McFadden would give him that. He wants someone dangerous opposite TO and Garrett could work McFadden in some opposite TO (with Barber at RB) and DMC has the hands to catch passes as a WR some. He's about the exact size of Devin Thomas but faster.

That way, Run DMC can help at two positions, see the field more and justify his cost... both in monetary terms and in picks.

So, that is my crazy prediction for the day. We end up with McFadden at Oakland's #4 pick and he plays both RB (resting Barber) and some WR.

I think our chances of landing RW are better than DMAc........IMO/FWIW....

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Oops... Posted in the wrong thread a minute ago... But Werder says Frank Broyles himself has been pressuring Jerry to trade up for McFadden.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2053012 said:
Oops... Posted in the wrong thread a minute ago... But Werder says Frank Broyles himself has been pressuring Jerry to trade up for McFadden.

Who the hell cares what Broyles wants? he doesn't run the Cowboys.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
HardHittin'Witten;2053014 said:
Who the hell cares what Broyles wants? he doesn't run the Cowboys.

No, but I bet his old (legendary) coach has some influence on him.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Sarge;2053005 said:
I think our chances of landing RW are better than DMAc........IMO/FWIW....

Maybe so, Sarge. I would have agreed with you up until this morning... but I just had a feeling this morning that Jerry will get DMC and justify it by saying he's a RB and a part-time WR.

Of course that just might be indigestion. :eek::

I don't think something like that would work with Aikman (DMC at WR some)... but Romo would manage to get DMC the ball. And once McFadden has the ball in his hands... Lookout.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2052767 said:
I don't see DMAC making it past the Jets. If he's there, they'll take him.

There has been some information out there that the Lions like Henne. I can see them making the trade because Brohm, Flacco and Henne are projected to be selected before their pick in the 2nd. I haven't heard anything about their current No. 2 QB, Dan Orlovsky. I thought he looked OK and he has all the measurables. I guess they don't think he's a franchise QB. IMO, I don't think Henne is either.

The Jets HAVE TO TAKE HIM IF HE'S THERE.

I live not too far from Hofstra.... they are ready to burn it down if the JETS P-A-S-S on McFadden

:laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
YoMick;2053035 said:
The Jets HAVE TO TAKE HIM IF HE'S THERE.

I live not too far from Hofstra.... they are ready to burn it down if the JETS P-A-S-S on McFadden

:laugh2:

One my favorite parts of the draft is the ESPN clip of the Jets fans :laugh2:

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2053044 said:
One my favorite parts of the draft is the ESPN clip of the Jets fans :laugh2:

A friend of mine will be here and he is a Jets fan. If the Jets pass on DMac, we all may die.

Cowboys Dad

Reaction score
Ideally I would rather let Detroit have 22 and Spears and more. Get Roy Williams even if ya overpay a bit. Then deal 28 and back up to the top of the second round and take the true complimentary back that they need for Barber. Chris Johnson of ecu and his pure speed to threaten defenses on the edge.

That means you bring in Roy Williams the WR and Chris Johnson the speed back as well as adding a pick or two later in the draft.

My opinion is if they do that the rest of the draft is gravy and it sets up a lights out run at number Six!