Twitter: Werder Tweet: Garrett expected to be fired (no official word yet)

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
My guess is Stephen is the one feeding Werder info...……..he does not have any love lost for Garrett, after all, it was Stephen who said Garrett had to get the team "over the hump".

Werder would not let ESPN go public with this story if he didnt source it at the top...….he would risk his career if this was not legit.

That's the logic of a school kid. It doesn't matter what media source you want to name, they ALL have either printed or say things on air that later were found out to be untrue or just partially true. I also VERY seriously doubt that Stephen was the "leak" because because Stephen just repeated what Jerry also said. Lastly whenever I read an article or tweet and there are no named sources, me, like many others, regard it as just speculation by the author and for that author to be believed they use an unnamed source or they don't name any and just say they have learned.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
while you try to defend incompetence. Yeah. Try and fail to project this teams failures onto the fans.

:facepalm:
First, show me where I’ve defended this organizations incompetence. Your shtick is you can’t defend your hate filled agenda so you try to change the narrative and attack people who call you out on it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Again, there is absolutely no reason for Jerry to delay announcing that Garret is gone . . . unless he isn't gone. The whole "his contract expires in 11 days" thing is laughably stupid. If Jerry had made his mind up to get rid of Garret, he would make that clear. He has zero REAL reasons not to. If he has any respect for JG and his coaches, he would want to expedite the decision.

The imaginary reasons being bandied about are just to make people who want Garret gone feel better.

I see the word respect means nothing to all of the people that just can't wait now 10 days for his contract to expire. Jones very well has made up his mind and it very well may be a tough personal decision for him to make because he likes Garrett and because of that he may have decided to respect Garrett enough and not just fire him but just let his contract expire. There's no doubt that all the people that can't and don't understand this are having mental break downs because it's just to much to fathom having to wait 10 days to see Garrett gone. Just think of all the ulcers that are starting because of this 10 day wait. My God we're watching the world crumble before our very own eyes because we have to wait 10 more days.

ESisback

Reaction score
His actions in this situation tell me Jerry has no respect for die hard fans. I don’t want Jerry to blather on, just deny or confirm Werder’s report. Doesn’t Jerry realize diehard fans REALLY want closure on this situation?

Of course, but isn’t it time you accepted the fact that people aren’t gonna always do exactly what you want exactly when you want it?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First, show me where I’ve defended this organizations incompetence. Your shtick is you can’t defend your hate filled agenda so you try to change the narrative and attack people who call you out on it.

I’m glad that’s what you see. Considering everything you think or say is wrong.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Possibly and probably not this year but we don’t know that yet for years to come.
I know Garrett will never be a HC in the NFL again, and deep down you really know it too.

All this talk about the Giants being interested. If this was true, this stupid prolonged parting of the ways, would have ended days ago, so Garret could go interview with them.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I know Garrett will never be a HC in the NFL again, and deep down you really know it too.

All this talk about the Giants being interested. If this was true, this stupid prolonged parting of the ways, would have ended days ago, so Garret could go interview with them.
To bad you’re not here to shake my hand and take that bet. I’d gladly take your money.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
B b b but we need Jerry to officially announce or it’s not fact.

Says CZ.

Told everyone espn would never run with the story they did the last two days if it wasn’t factual.

Garrett is gone. The end.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Of course, but isn’t it time you accepted the fact that people aren’t gonna always do exactly what you want exactly when you want it?
I have 3 grown children and a wife, I know that.

I just think, as the owner of the Cowboys, it would have been the considerate and the smart thing to do. Like I mentioned, he did not need to make a long statement. Just confirm or deny Werder’s report.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
B b b but we need Jerry to officially announce or it’s not fact.

Says CZ.

Told everyone espn would never run with the story they did the last two days if it wasn’t factual.

Garrett is gone. The end.
You were right in this situation and so was ESPN, but you are really gullible, if you believe everything you hear on TV. I would rather hear from the source( Jerry Jones) than second or third hand sources. Also, news outlets run stories that are fake news ALL the time. If you have ever flipped back and forth from CNN and FOX news on the same story, you would know one network is spewing fake news( that would be the network that was wrong about collusion and obstruction of justice).

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I can’t say I’m sure , assuming Jason wants it.

The fact Gailey got a second shot gives me reason to believe he could.

If he can post a 85-67 record with Jerry who knows what he could do elsewhere.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I see the word respect means nothing to all of the people that just can't wait now 10 days for his contract to expire. Jones very well has made up his mind and it very well may be a tough personal decision for him to make because he likes Garrett and because of that he may have decided to respect Garrett enough and not just fire him but just let his contract expire. There's no doubt that all the people that can't and don't understand this are having mental break downs because it's just to much to fathom having to wait 10 days to see Garrett gone. Just think of all the ulcers that are starting because of this 10 day wait. My God we're watching the world crumble before our very own eyes because we have to wait 10 more days.
I think most die hard fans would say Jerry has not handled this this situation very well.
Respect includes treating people the way you would like to be treated. To many on hear do not do that. I’ll admit, I am guilty at times.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I think most die hard fans would say Jerry has not handled this this situation very well.
Respect includes treating people the way you would like to be treated. To many on hear do not do that. I’ll admit, I am guilty at times.

Yes and no, it is hard to say that without knowing what conversations Jerry and Jason have had.