We're saving money for existing players (Lamb, Diggs, Micah)

kskboys

Reaction score
It's smart a smart strategy that requires a great head coach and coordinators to pull off.
Oh, absolutely. You cannot do what Belly does w/o Belly's talent for making C players play like B players. Marinate has that ability in a small way, which Jerry counted on so he wouldn't have to spend prime resources on positions such as DT. And Marinate's philosophy was all wrong, as he thought filling the DLine w/ slim pass rushers would form a good DLine. For some reason, in his coaching career, the value of stopping the run and how to do it was completely left out of his teaching.

kskboys

Reaction score
They never paid Brady what he was really worth either.

Was he ever the highest paid QB in the NFL at any point?
Yes, at one point he got a contract at the top of the market.

Whether he was THE highest paid is irrelevant and only important to the weak minded.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Lamb is not more talented than Cooper. Cooper is the best route runner in the NFL. His extreme burst and lateral agility is what allows him to create separation consistently. Lamb doesn't have these skills at as high of a level.
Lamb was graded higher as a draft prospect. Kupp is one of best right now but Lamb is 23 years old and this will be a big year for him.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Know who the Pats paid? Tom Brady, Logan Mankins, Vince Wilfork.

Who don't they pay? WR's, RB's, most DB's. And average to above average players, and most pass rushers. Because Belly can create a pass rush w/ JAG's. That's one of the primary reasons the Pats have been so successful.
They really didn’t pay Brady what he was worth. Guards and nose guards make little money. BB is a genius.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
For some reason the Debbie Downers on the board think the team is full of scrubs:huh:. Lamb,Parsons, and Diggs are worth multiple early round picks if the Cowboys wanted to trade them. I don’t think many teams in the league have that kind of talent.
Agreed. They have all pros at multiple positions. Even lve was an all pro at a point lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I'd be working on a deal to bring back Pollard now. Only hitch may be him actually wanting to wait and drive up his value. If he signed today though, it would be a bargain.

Yah agree, but if you were Pollard would you want to stay here? He has to sit behind a slow and plodding back he knows he is better than for 4 years straight. His career has basically been ruined.

kskboys

Reaction score
They really didn’t pay Brady what he was worth. Guards and nose guards make little money. BB is a genius.
In 2010, Brady signed the biggest contract in NFL history w/ a record amount of guaranteed money.

The only G's and NT's Belly paid(That I'm aware of) were Mankins and Wilfork, 2 of the best of all time and completely dominant players. Belly takes big run stuffers who have underperformed elsewhere and gets them to play at a higher level and puts them in the best position to succeed. Shelton, Valentine, Alan Branch, no names. Several of them got huge contracts elsewhere, then busted.

You cannot do what Belly does w/o Belly.

kskboys

Reaction score
Say what want about the Joneses. The team has drafted top end talent over the years.
And made major draft snafus and ignored the positions that could've put us over the top. And paid the wrong guys and overpaid average talent. And missed out on major talents in the draft.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I would agree. Plus, drafts usually have a lot of great WRs, so I would actually probably try to trade CeeDee if the draft has good WRs after this season. We might be able to obtain a few 1sts for him.
A few firsts for Lamb??? No freaking way. We'd be lucky to get one first for him at this point.

CWR

Reaction score
Yah agree, but if you were Pollard would awayyou want to stay here? He has to sit behind a slow and plodding back he knows he is better than for 4 years straight. His career has basically been ruined.

Hes still got juice. Could be like a Micheal Turner/ Tomlinson situation where the backup finally hits FA and blows up...

If I was him yeah I'd be interested in staying because Zeke is probably gone.

The Realist

Reaction score
As of right now Lamb is the odd man out. He isn’t worth anything near elite WR money. If he stays at this level I would trade him or let him walk in FA. Draft and replace.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
In 2010, Brady signed the biggest contract in NFL history w/ a record amount of guaranteed money.

The only G's and NT's Belly paid(That I'm aware of) were Mankins and Wilfork, 2 of the best of all time and completely dominant players. Belly takes big run stuffers who have underperformed elsewhere and gets them to play at a higher level and puts them in the best position to succeed. Shelton, Valentine, Alan Branch, no names. Several of them got huge contracts elsewhere, then busted.

You cannot do what Belly does w/o Belly.
As much I hate the Patriots and Giants. He is the best coach and coordinator of all time.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You keep saying this.......you may wanna check stats ( solo and assist tackles) compared to a few top-paid CBs, you may be surprised .

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DiggTr00.htm
"Diggs has also been a poor run defender for a player of his size and physicality, managing a PFF run-defense grade of 30.4, 127th out of 130 qualifying cornerbacks."

I mean, tackle numbers and assist account for catches that he gave up and made the tackles too. Those tackle and tackle assist numbers are not solely run game stats.