We've picked on Dak, which is justifiable, but MM is not good

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Dak is not an elite QB, but he is above average. We have seen him play great, and we’ve seen him play poorly, but using the SF game as an opportunity to lay all the blame on him when he didn’t play poorly until the horse was out of the barn is simply more delusional thinking by fans who want to hold onto the hope that we have a good team that is just a QB away. Most do not want to admit that after all the hoopla, Parsons is not close to the best defensive player in the NFL, the defense is not built to hold up against a physical team, the secondary is suspect, and the offense isn’t working.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah. They stopped the 49ers on 3 straight drives early when the game was only 7-0. Over those three drives the 49ers only had around 45 yards of offense. Then they imploded on themselves after the offense had already crapped the bed (since the start of the game). Look, they weren't good and really sucked from later in the 2nd Q through the end of the game. But the offense was worse. They crapped the bed right from the start of the game and never recovered.
Dallas was down 21-7 before the 4th quarter. But they were good on those 3 drives, yes.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak is not an elite QB, but he is above average. We have seen him play great, and we’ve seen him play poorly, but using the SF game as an opportunity to lay all the blame on him when he didn’t play poorly until the horse was out of the barn is simply more delusional thinking by fans who want to hold onto the hope that we have a good team that is just a QB away. Most do not want to admit that after all the hoopla, Parsons is not close to the best defensive player in the NFL, the defense is not built to hold up against a physical team, the secondary is suspect, and the offense isn’t working.
Come on.

Dak only looked poor after the game got out of hand?

You may want to go back and watch that game again (oh and one reason the horse got out of the barn was because the offense was dreadful including the QB, from pretty much the start of the game).

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No one stood out on either side of the ball. We punted well.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dallas was down 21-7 before the 4th quarter. But they were good on those 3 drives, yes.
Who said anything about the 4th Q? I said they started to implode starting midway through the 2nd Q through the end of the game.

But the offense sucked right from the opening drive.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Who said anything about the 4th Q? I said they started to implode starting midway through the 2nd Q through the end of the game.

But the offense sucked right from the opening drive.
Mid way the offense scored a TD, lol.
How long is the game to you? A defense of this caliber should be able to make a couple more stops throughout a game, especially when the offense is struggling to advance. No one showed up.

Sydla

Reaction score
Mid way the offense scored a TD, lol.
How long is the game to you? A defense of this caliber should be able to make a couple more stops throughout a game, especially when the offense is struggling to advance. No one showed up.
You are not getting it. All facets sucked Sunday night. There was no one good thing that came out of that game. But the defense did way more early in the game to stay in the game compared to the offense. That's not to say the defense was great, or unfairly criticized here. They should be criticized. They sucked. But the offense was more pathetic.

Putting it another way......... I have more confidence in the defense being able to be competent going forward this season than the offense.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You are not getting it. All facets sucked Sunday night. There was no one good thing that came out of that game. But the defense did way more early in the game to stay in the game compared to the offense. That's not to say the defense was great, or unfairly criticized here. They should be criticized. They sucked. But the offense was more pathetic.

Putting it another way......... I have more confidence in the defense being able to be competent going forward this season than the offense.
I did, until the 9er game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You think the offense has a better chance to be competent over the rest of the season than the defense?
I had more confidence in the defense rather than the offense. Now, unless it's a vanilla offense, I have none. No playmakers vs the 9ers showed up. That's what I think. Just like all of my criticisms of the offense.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We are predictable. Run under center and pass from shotgun. Dez called it out after the game. Not hard to figure out if you need to play run or pass when you know what it is when they line up. Made niners defense look better than they are.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
We move the ball against the bad team with McCarthy's offence. Yes, there were some red zone issues, but I saw those as correctable.

The issue we see, whether it be with Moore or McCarthy, is the offence totally stalls against good teams.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
This is the kind of stuff you get from McCarthy. Watch this and be dazzled by the intricacies and design of this play.

Our best chance of winning was shown the door for selfish reasons. MM is a lousy play caller and our QB in an overpaid, over hyped, less than mediocre QB that should be released or traded in the off season. If JJ and his band of idiot sons don't respond soon to these concerns then JJ will be buried with 3 SB trophy's that Jimmy Johnson was responsible for..............................LOL!!!!

dckid

Reaction score
Is it just me or is Big Mike getting a bit of a pass? Name me one game where the offense has been as good as last year? I did not love Kellen Moore because he just wanted to score points vs try to play offense to win a game.
I did not watch the all 22 film last year to justify moving on from Kellen. What is McCarthy saying to the Jones boys? So far his offense is a dud, no one is getting open, half the passes are 5 yards or less, there is absolutely nothing down the field. The running game is anemic, let Pollard use his speed.

I would just open up this offense, let Dak chuck it like 2020 we have an out with him after this year. Cut him post June1st with a $25 million dollar dead cap. If Big Mike wants to be stubborn firm him and promote Dan Quinn. This way our head coach can give a locker room speech.
I'ts embarrassing watching our head coach, he is clearly outclassed and the game has passed him by.

Not excusing Dak, as I am not a Prescott guy. I feel as though he has gotten way to big for his britches as they say. Too many commercials not enough actual success.
He has had his good moments, of course the TB game last year. He needs the right system, needs help, his celing is top 12 QB, no shame in that but the fact of the matter is that QB's are just much better now. 5 years from now a player like Dak will be 20th best in the league. Every year we have more and more young guys who have been playing 7 on 7 since middle school, QB camps. I'ts a pass happy culture throughout all levels now.