WFAA Blog: Wild Wed. at Valley Ranch (even the media turned on each other)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
EGTuna;2303976 said:
It was Nick Eatman of dc.com and Ed Werder of ESPN. Eatman questioned the validity of Werder's questioning of T.O., and Werder said for Nick to get back to him when he didn't work for the team, and Nick told him to F off. Werder said, "what did you say?", and Eatman repeated it loudly enough for everyone to hear.

if this is true that is hillarious.

Werders whole deal is to wait for negatives to happen with dallas. All you have to do is listen to him on with galloway on 1033 and there really is no question about it.

Mosley and watkins are not too far behind.

I wish there was audio and video of nick eatman telling ed to F-off. That would be hysterical.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2304043 said:
geek-fight.jpg

Napolean, don't be jealous that I've been online chatting with babes all day. Besides, we both know I'm training to become a cage fighter.

Since when Kip? You have like the worst reflexes of all time !!!

:lmao2:

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
werder_ed_m.jpg

that's just a face that deserves to be punched... on appearance alone.

EGTuna

Reaction score
xWraithx;2303999 said:
Where'd you hear that from?

Nick Eatman talked about it on his dc.com radio/podcast "The Lunch Break with Derek Eagleton and Nick Eatman".

I think Nick does a great job covering the team, but that's jmho.

Boysboy

Reaction score
EGTuna;2304055 said:
Nick Eatman talked about it on his dc.com radio/podcast "The Lunch Break with Derek Eagleton and Nick Eatman".

I think Nick does a great job covering the team, but that's jmho.

Wasn't it Werder who broke the rumor how Owens clashed with Romo in the locker room?

Really-this sucked b/c after this, Calvin Watkins got into the fray and started sensationalizing it, and on and on and on it went.:bang2:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
EGTuna;2303976 said:
It was Nick Eatman of dc.com and Ed Werder of ESPN. Eatman questioned the validity of Werder's questioning of T.O., and Werder said for Nick to get back to him when he didn't work for the team, and Nick told him to F off. Werder said, "what did you say?", and Eatman repeated it loudly enough for everyone to hear.

Seriously? That's hilarious! :lmao2:

And it would have been even better if Eatman had punched him out.

Werder is one of the bigger d-bags of all time.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
InmanRoshi;2304043 said:
geek-fight.jpg

Napolean, don't be jealous that I've been online chatting with babes all day. Besides, we both know I'm training to become a cage fighter.

Since when Kip? You have like the worst reflexes of all time !!!
:lmao2:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Here's the audio...

Eatman don't play that!

Nick Eatman is my hero! Ed Werder is constanly trying to twist everything around and ask 'bait questions' because he knows that his ESPN bosses loves that BS.

And it seems like Eatman wants a piece of Mosley as well!

I think my money is on Eatman whether it's Mosley or Werder putting on the gloves.

I wonder what happened today in the locker room.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
oh since we didnt "expect" Dallas to go 16-0 than I should be happy we lost a HOME DIVISIONAL GAME against none other than the Commanders.

yeah we're right on pace to 12-4, but Id rather be 16-0.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
just listened to that.

I love nick eatman. Sounds like he dislikes ed and mosley as much as I do.

How funny. Hooray for Nick Eatman.

Every cowboys players response to anything werder and mosley ask should be...

Blank you ED.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nick Eatman is now my hero.

And I don't like sports journalists so that's saying a lot.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's PFT's take:

WERDER, EATMAN EXCHANGE PLEASANTRIES

Posted by Mike Florio on October 2, 2008, 5:39 p.m.

There was a verbal rumble of sorts at Valley Ranch on Thursday. Though it wasn’t quite as compelling as Herrera-Kawakami I, things got heated between ESPN’s Ed Werder and Nick Eatman of DallasCowboys.com.
As we understand it, the problem arose from Terrell Owens’ post-game comments from the team’s Week Four loss to the Commanders. Eatman wrote an item for the Cowboys’ official web site knocking ESPN and other national media outlets for making a big deal out of T.O.’s desire to get his hands on the ball.

In the column, Eatman suggested that the question prompting the T.O. sound bite that then prompted a Monday Night Countdown free-for-all on Owens was aimed at baiting him into saying something controversial.
As we understand it, Eatman didn’t realize that Werder had asked the question.

On Thursday, Werder told Eatman that Werder had asked the question, um, in question.

Per a source with knowledge of the exchange, they debated whether the question was aimed at getting a response from Owens that then could be used as proof of a problem in Dallas. As they talked, things started to get a little heated. Eventually, Werder walked away. While doing so, he made a comment regarding Eatman’s overall credibility, given that he writes for a team-owned publication.

Eatman responded by suggesting that ESPN specifically tries to get its reporters to stir things up. And there might have been an “F” bomb or two added to the message.

Werder returned, and the two continued to jaw for a bit. Though it never got physical, others eventually stepped in to ensure that it didn’t.
Eatman’s point is a valid one. At times, it appears that the ESPN machine tries to create a story, and then to squeeze every last drop of 2 percent out of it. The fact that Werder apparently got a little defensive about the situation suggests to us that, in his heart, he suspects that there might be some merit to what Eatman said.

Of course, Werder’s point back to Eatman is a valid one as well. No writer who works for the entity that he covers is truly objective, and any item he crafts needs to be viewed through the prism that the ultimate subject of his story is the source of all or part of his livelihood. So, apparently, Werder struck a raw nerve.

Thus, we’ll call this one a draw. Maybe there will be a rematch.

Good for you Nick!

Nice to see the rest of the media recognize the muck-raking, scandalizing, National Enquirer that ESPN has become.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2304359 said:
Of course, Werder’s point back to Eatman is a valid one as well. No writer who works for the entity that he covers is truly objective

that is true

but the non-objectivity is never always pro-Dallas from the Dallas media

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;2304368 said:
that is true

but the non-objectivity is never always pro-Dallas from the Dallas media

That's exactly what Eatman and Eagleton said on the show. They take a lot of flack from Cowboys fans because they are not always pro-Cowboys. But of course the rest of the media won't let facts get in the way of their agendas.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2304549 said:
That's exactly what Eatman and Eagleton said on the show. They take a lot of flack from Cowboys fans because they are not always pro-Cowboys. But of course the rest of the media won't let facts get in the way of their agendas.

Exactly-they're not exactly Dave Sporado(the writer who works for the Eagles)...who all but spits out what Andy Reid and Joe Banner want him to say.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
stasheroo;2304359 said:
Here's PFT's take:

Eatman’s point is a valid one. At times, it appears that the ESPN machine tries to create a story, and then to squeeze every last drop of 2 percent out of it. The fact that Werder apparently got a little defensive about the situation suggests to us that, in his heart, he suspects that there might be some merit to what Eatman said.

:yathink:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
EGTuna;2303976 said:

Good for Nick

Boysboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2304693 said:
:yathink:

That the entire CZ population got worked up over nothing this week?

Like I said many times-when you lose, for whatever reason, be prepared for a LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG week!:bang2: