WFAN report-Jones to Match Garrett offer

RW31

Reaction score
theogt;1907127 said:
This isn't about money.
of course it is. somebody is offering him a HC job and we want to keep him as a coordinator. money is the issue here. forget the "you will be our next head coach" bull****. thats not a guarantee. he could coach any team he wants in a few years if he decides to stay.

tnbk

Reaction score
I am starting to like JG less and less....if he is that intelligent why is he looking at the Raven's as opposed to HC within a year at Dallas.

If we win the Superbowl next year he gets the credit and Wade rides off into the sunset leaving JG to inherit the team as head coach. If we collapse next year (again) Wade gets the boot and JG is in as HC.

Thoughts?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
RW31;1907143 said:
of course it is. somebody is offering him a HC job and we want to keep him as a coordinator. money is the issue here. forget the "you will be our next head coach" bull****. thats not a guarantee. he could coach any team he wants in a few years if he decides to stay.

Troy said that those that think money motivates Garrett don't know him at all...

Take it for what it's worth...

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
tnbk;1907209 said:
I am starting to like JG less and less....if he is that intelligent why is he looking at the Raven's as opposed to HC within a year at Dallas.

If we win the Superbowl next year he gets the credit and Wade rides off into the sunset leaving JG to inherit the team as head coach. If we collapse next year (again) Wade gets the boot and JG is in as HC.

Thoughts?

Maybe he likes their front office and personnel dept. better.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bach;1907241 said:
Maybe he likes their front office and personnel dept. better.
Why? Because you do? You a Svengali Bach? Or a Jedi?

:wink2:

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;1907037 said:
No, if you have this deal in place, you do not need to conduct any interviews.

is that something like when they hire an interim coach from their own staff after the HC leaves, except they just make him permanent. That way they do no "searching" for a HC, right?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
If he leaves I hope it's Quick while Cam is still out there. BTW, I have MASN on and they have no futher info.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
At this rate, there will be a lot of empty offices at Valley Ranch.

Ireland, gone.

The scout whose name I can't remember, gone.

Tony Sparano, about to be gone.

Jason Garrett, could be gone.

Several assistant coaches, probably gone.

I have this image of Stephen Jones telling his dad that he's moving on, too. Then, all you see is Jerry, Wade and Rowdy sitting in a dark room watching video.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Chief;1907314 said:

we are doomed!! :laugh2:

curses.jpg

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Chief;1907314 said:

Ireland, gone.

I have this image of Stephen Jones telling his dad that he's moving on, too. Then, all you see is Jerry, Wade and Rowdy sitting in a dark room watching video.

On the bright side, it's probably easier for them to find a parking space.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Chief;1907314 said:
Then, all you see is Jerry, Wade and Rowdy sitting in a dark room watching video.

Okay, now that's just creepy. There are many things I would do before I'd lock myself in a dark room with this guy:

rowdy.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chief;1907314 said:

Ireland, gone.

Brian Gaine.

Mike Murphy will be a good replacement for him and Tom Cikowski for Ireland. Their offices are the one in the scouting department that need to be filled and I bet they will be.

I figure we will lose 4 coaches, Garrett will not be one of them. I am keeping the faith on that.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Chief;1907314 said:

I see them out in front of Jerry's yard arguing over who gets to drive the 4wheels of Fury.

khiladi

Reaction score
Chief;1907314 said:

And if Stephen Jones ever did that, one would question his sanity, because JJ's sons stand to inherit a franchise, that with the addition of the stadium, will be ten-times a money-marketers dream...

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
khiladi;1907360 said:
And if Stephen Jones ever did that, one would question his sanity, because JJ's sons stand to inherit a franchise, that with the addition of the stadium, will be ten-times a money-marketers dream...

I think everyone realizes Stephen isn't leaving.

It was an attempt at some dark humor.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1907285 said:
Why? Because you do? You a Svengali Bach? Or a Jedi?

:wink2:

Just gave the man a possible answer to his question.