WFT is monitoring the Russell Wilson situation in Seattle

InTheZone

Reaction score
SFT would be wise not to trade Wilson unless they get 3+ 1sts (in the top 15 for the first one)

conner01

Reaction score
IF this is true, roll your sleeves up coz things are about to get real......no doubt in my mind if the Seahawks make him available, Synder will outbid every team. Even if he has to mortgage the future ......3-4 1st rounders and starter.

Either way looks like we may as accept they are significantly upgrading their QB position.....just a matter of when/who. Damn......

They have a defense
If they get a QB they are gonna be a good team
And relatively speaking he’s fairly cheap salary wise

Creeper

Reaction score
I thought Wilson came out and stated that he is not asking for a trade? I heard that on the radio yesterday. Anyway, the Seahawks are not going to trade Wilson and I don't care what offers they get for him. If they give up Wilson they give up a QB who takes them to the playoffs every year. Who replaces him? It would have to be Aaron Rodgers, or why would hey get rid of Wilson? because he said he wants to get sacked fewer times?

This is offseason media nonsense.

And yes, the WFT, formerly known as the Commanders, are going to be a very good football team if they get a QB. The Cowboys will have to deal with it. Did they expect all the other teams in their division were going to sit back and do nothing while the Cowboys try to improve every season? The Giants and WFT are both going to get better, because they are trying to and they are making the right moves.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He’s not going anywhere. All BS.

IDK......he's been there 9 years and delivered one Super Bowl. Notice no one's put out the smoke so far......just me but it's not a reach to think a divorce may actually be best for both he and the team. Especially with what's going at the position around the league. Thinking back to John Madden once saying ten years is long enough in any one place.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
IDK......he's been there 9 years and delivered one Super Bowl. Notice no one's put out the smoke so far......just me but it's not a reach to think a divorce may actually be best for both he and the team. Especially with what's going at the position around the league. Thinking back to John Madden once saying ten years is long enough in any one place.
Yeah but when you deliver a ring....that buys you more time than normal. If Russ leaves it’s because he wants to and it doesn’t seem like he wants to leave.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wilson.jpg

Carson

Reaction score
Look. If Russell Wilson goes to WFT, we’re toast. The entire division is toast. We’ll need to shoot for the wildcard if he goes to WFT.

Too bad Russell doesn’t get to “choose” where he wants to go. If he gets traded for 3 1st’s, that’s it. He doesn’t get a say so. It’s not his decision to make.

No trade clause. All he has to do is say no thank you

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Wilson to Washington would be pretty scary. They don’t have a qb to flip back to Seattle though so I’m sure the quantity of assets would be through the roof. If I’m Seattle I’m probably looking for chase young + 2 first round picks at a minimum.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I thought Wilson came out and stated that he is not asking for a trade? I heard that on the radio yesterday. Anyway, the Seahawks are not going to trade Wilson and I don't care what offers they get for him. If they give up Wilson they give up a QB who takes them to the playoffs every year. Who replaces him? It would have to be Aaron Rodgers, or why would hey get rid of Wilson? because he said he wants to get sacked fewer times?

This is offseason media nonsense.

And yes, the WFT, formerly known as the Commanders, are going to be a very good football team if they get a QB. The Cowboys will have to deal with it. Did they expect all the other teams in their division were going to sit back and do nothing while the Cowboys try to improve every season? The Giants and WFT are both going to get better, because they are trying to and they are making the right moves.

I see what you're saying and even agree to an extent but this isn't media nonsense. It's paying QBs who in past has followed team protocol of saying all the right things taking a stance with the dissatisfaction of the team's direction. Rogers wanted to see changes after the playoff, Stafford asking for trade, Watson asking for a trade, Wentz asking for a trade, Wilson demanding help coz he's tired of getting hit. What's interesting is all these QBs currently have huge 2nd contracts and THEY, not their teams, fired the first shot in the media. I mean we know the media is the source of a lot of false and unnecessary drama but not this time.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Wilson to Washington would be pretty scary. They don’t have a qb to flip back to Seattle though so I’m sure the quantity of assets would be through the roof. If I’m Seattle I’m probably looking for chase young + 2 first round picks at a minimum.

This^^^ x 10

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What does that even mean? Isn't the entire league "monitoring the situation" in SEA, HOU, PHL and even GB? One of these QB's could be coming into any division and there are some teams closer to that "only a QB away" level and WFT could be one of them.

And those four teams could end up keeping all 4 of those QB's. The question is how much of this is sabre rattling and how much is real?

Rodgers wants more money and he'll get it. Lurie fired his HC to keep his expensive QB. Wilson is being a talk show diva. Watson, now that one might just happen because that team is a disaster by design. You have to work at it to destroy one like that.

slick325

Reaction score
IF this is true, roll your sleeves up coz things are about to get real......no doubt in my mind if the Seahawks make him available, Synder will outbid every team. Even if he has to mortgage the future ......3-4 1st rounders and starter.

Either way looks like we may as accept they are significantly upgrading their QB position.....just a matter of when/who. Damn......

Smart on their part. Landing in Washington is the closest thing to what made him a winner and SB champ. Strong defense which is the heart of the team. And a strong running game which will be the soul of the team. Then you hope Wilson makes plays and doesn't crash the car.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah but when you deliver a ring....that buys you more time than normal. If Russ leaves it’s because he wants to and it doesn’t seem like he wants to leave.

Remember his answer last week when asked if he was avail.........said it's not his call. I know that's not saying he wanna leave but he didn't exactly shut it down either.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What does that even mean? Isn't the entire league "monitoring the situation" in SEA, HOU, PHL and even GB? One of these QB's could be coming into any division and there are some teams closer to that "only a QB away" level and WFT could be one of them.

And those four teams could end up keeping all 4 of those QB's. The question is how much of this is sabre rattling and how much is real?

Rodgers wants more money and he'll get it. Lurie fired his HC to keep his expensive QB. Wilson is being a talk show diva. Watson, now that one might just happen because that team is a disaster by design. You have to work at it to destroy one like that.

Sure in the end it could all mean nothing but the was the QB issues we are seeing are media nonsense and that's not the case. That's what I was responding to, not their movement or the resolution of their issues.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
No way the Skins include Chase Young in any deal.

Aven8

Reaction score
No way Seattle’s GM sends him to them without picks and two of those lineman.