WFT Releases QB Haskins

Trajan

Reaction score
Sign him to a huge contract Jerruh ! $$$, get er done !!!!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
He wasn't really a great prospect in the 2019 Draft anyway. One year wonder at Ohio State. That QB class is looking pretty weak...Kyler Murray and Gardner Minshew appear to be the best so far. The jury is still out on Daniel Jones but it's not looking good either.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFCE up for grabs, 15th pick last year

Update: Official... imagine a coach running the show.

FCb.gif

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This is spot on. You would have hoped his first 2 coaches would have supported him and got behind him to help him but instead they went out of their way to not support him.

The problem with coaching in the NFL, IMO, is that they are also playing for a job. They want their guys and if they don't see that in a QB, for example, they are going to make players prove it. I mean, there is no loyalty in the NFL accept that which is built over time, through hard wins etc. If you are a guy like Haskins and your HC or OC doesn't believe in you, then you have to be strong enough or good enough to overcome and guys from big time programs, they usually aren't. I mean, it kinda makes sense once you think about it. Those kids, all they ever hear their entire lives is how great they are. Then they get into the NFL and your Coaches aren't married to you, the Owners look at it as a financial situation, the Fans are as loyal as your last game. It's really a different ball game entirely. It's a hard deal and it's not fair, but that's the NFL so I think you gotta be tough, you gotta be smart and you better be able to make NFL throws or you probably see careers very similar to Haskins unfortunately.

JMO

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
He said it was at a private indoor club with strippers invited.

Ok, take his word for it. Does it make it any better? We know in addition to this he has missed plays in a game while taking selfies with fans, he has bragged about stats while his team is losing, he played like crap, had the stripper incident. How much is enough? And the idea that his coaches didn't like him....well, they did start him...so they couldnt have hated him that badly. They only replaced him when they absolutely had to .

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I saw this mentioned earlier so this is not my original idea, but am I the only one who can see a lot of comparisons between Haskins and Jamarcus Russell?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
meh young talent you give em a 2nd chance you don't just hang your hopes on it.

I agree with you to a point....we don't have a backup signed for next year...although I expect they may try to resign Gilbert on the cheap. But the evidence suggests that Haskins isn't the RKG...he certainly isn't a team first guy.

Gaede

Reaction score
I can't decide if this bodes well for the weekend or not. The instability isn't good for WFT, for sure, but then again, many players may look at this decisive move and play extra hard.

Time will tell what happens, but they're clearly on the decline while we are going the opposite direction.

Praxit

Reaction score
...I bet Dwayne goes down Voodoo lane, buys himself a Commander doll and pins it. Couldn't you have waited one more game, then let the guy go?

JustChip

Reaction score
Of course he would have been the better player. He also would have been the better player had gruden and rivera not totally derailed him. The kid had great momentum coming into this season. He had elite numbers in the final 4 games of last year. Rivera comes to town brings in kyle allen to pretty much take the job all the while telling everyone he doesn't believe in Haskins.
So, in other words, he can’t handle adversity. Would’ve been better to gave taken the challenge to prove the coach wrong and change his mind. But he apparently chose not to do that. By the way, he let his teammates down and it is a TEAM game.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I can't decide if this bodes well for the weekend or not. The instability isn't good for WFT, for sure, but then again, many players may look at this decisive move and play extra hard.

Time will tell what happens, but they're clearly on the decline while we are going the opposite direction.

It really depends on whether his teammates supported him or not. If they thought he was playing a part, they wont care at all. If they think he got screwed, there could be a mini revolt.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
what? dalton is on a 1 year deal. he most likely leaves we need a backup why not try and boost the career of a young player you can later turn into draft picks
Dak would be a good role model for him but I think Haskins might be blackballed. The optics with the club incident does not look good especially when your coach has cancer. I will never forget him celebrating a win when he still needed to be in the game to take kneel downs. He really needs a PR team.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The problem with coaching in the NFL, IMO, is that they are also playing for a job. They want their guys and if they don't see that in a QB, for example, they are going to make players prove it. I mean, there is no loyalty in the NFL accept that which is built over time, through hard wins etc. If you are a guy like Haskins and your HC or OC doesn't believe in you, then you have to be strong enough or good enough to overcome and guys from big time programs, they usually aren't. I mean, it kinda makes sense once you think about it. Those kids, all they ever hear their entire lives is how great they are. Then they get into the NFL and your Coaches aren't married to you, the Owners look at it as a financial situation, the Fans are as loyal as your last game. It's really a different ball game entirely. It's a hard deal and it's not fair, but that's the NFL so I think you gotta be tough, you gotta be smart and you better be able to make NFL throws or you probably see careers very similar to Haskins unfortunately.

JMO
The funny part about that is the coaches that are coaching for a job make players worse and get themselves fired. Look at farve's situation with the falcons.