WFT Releases QB Haskins

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
So like Dak

And I am not for or against Dak. I think he can be the guy that takes us to a Super Bowl....but his contract is gonna make it harder to get the supporting talent he needs, mainly a defense that can occasionally make plays to win games. I see both sides of the Dak conundrum....either way could work, either way could blow up in your face....but Dak himself isn't going to be the issue.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Some of these college stars, think they can still get away with their antics on the NFL Level cause of their talent. In this league, you either produce or you don't. As quick as you can be drafted, you can be out of this league. Nobody is going to feel sorry, when you had a golden ticket and rather act like a child.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It's no assertion Rivera totally mistreated him. The poor kid was gaslit and didn't know how to handle it. Rivera was openly saying he was going to lose his job eventually. Granted he should have proved rivera wrong but he's a 23 year old kid.

Alex Smith is a better QB than Haskins anyway.. You don't need the wisdom of Solomon to see that. Haskins screwed himself.. hittin the strip clubs during a pandemic? Really? I am shedding no tears for him.. I hope he gets another shot and I hope he makes the most of it.. but if he doesn't then he will have no one to blame but himself.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Alex Smith is a better QB than Haskins anyway.. You don't need the wisdom of Solomon to see that. Haskins screwed himself.. hittin the strip clubs during a pandemic? Really? I am shedding no tears for him.. I hope he gets another shot and I hope he makes the most of it.. but if he doesn't then he will have no one to blame but himself.
Yeh I would think a 36 year old with over 150 games played and been to 3 pro bowls would be better than a kid who has only played in what 12-13 games. Kid deserves a 2nd chance. WFT coaches ruined him.

Cmac

Reaction score
Besides the immaturity.....Haskins stares down any receiver downfield. Without the dumps offs....he has not progressed. This speaks volumes......no regard to get better. Every young QB has to learn progressions in the NFL.....and as they say....you have to throw your NFL WRs into being "open" vs the college days of your receivers simply better than the opponent's DB. Haskins' tape clearly shows he slings balls with no regard to coverages...….work ethic and desire to get better quickly become red flags.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
ha! wow....guess that means smith is going to play

QB1 -
Games: 7
Comp: 148
Att: 241
Comp %: 61.4
YDS: 1,439
YPA: 6.0
YPG: 212.1
TD: 5
INT: 7
SACK: 20
Sack YL: 141
Passer Rating: 73.0

QB2 -
Games: 7
Comp: 146
Att: 220
Comp %: 66.4
YDS: 1,420
YPA 6.5
YPG: 203.3
TD: 4
INT: 6
SACK: 19
Sack YL: 122
Passer Rating: 79.0

I know one of these is clearly better, but which Washington (or former) QB is playing very well or scares anyone?

The defense is all they have.

Section446

Reaction score
I thought 1st round picks were sure things?
Nothing is a sure thing, but they probably have a higher ceiling than a 4th rounder who hit his ceiling his rookie year and all the sudden thinks he's deserving of the most money in NFL history.

Jipper

Reaction score
QB1 - G: 7 C: 148 Att: 241 PCT: 61.4 YDS: 1,439 YPA: 6.0 YPG: 212.1 TD: 5 INT: 7 SACK: 20 SYL: 141 PR: 73.0
QB2 - G: 7 C: 146 Att: 220 PCT: 66.4 YDS: 1,420 YPA 6.5 YPG: 203.3 TD: 4 INT: 6 SACK: 19 SYL: 122 PR: 79.0

I know one of these is clearly better, but which Washington (or former) QB is playing very well or scares anyone?

The defense is all they have.

I think I read Alex Smith was 15-6 over the past few years when he started for Washington...that’s what scares me

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I got blasted all off season when I said hurts is a better player than Tua

You were correct. At least the powers to be did not put you under house arrest like Galileo after he said the earth was not the center of the universe.:) It is actually a nice feeling to have been blasted for something eventually proven true. Unfortunately, the Eagles had the same hunch as you. Eagles get last laugh.

So many (including myself) laughed at the Eagles for drafting Hurts in the 2nd and many others (not me) praised the Dolphins for drafting Tua at 5, even before Herbert, who might be as good or better than Burrow when all is said and done.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I think I read Alex Smith was 15-6 over the past few years when he started for Washington...that’s what scares me

Well, as someone who doesn't apply W-L to QBs, but to teams, I instead choose to look at his play. It's not impressive. In fact, it too is pretty damn bad.

Jipper

Reaction score
Well, as someone who doesn't apply W-L to QBs, but to teams, I instead choose to look at his play. It's not impressive. In fact, it too is pretty damn bad.

I get it, and yeah he’s not been stellar....then again we make rookie qbs look like hofers soooooo