What’s the Red Rifle worth?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not really.

QB is the most important position in sports, and it's not close. You can have a DL of Aaron Donald, The Watts, and the Bosas but if your quarterback is Mitch Trubisky, you aren't going anywhere. The price will only keep going up. What you might see less of is the Jacoby Brisset contracts, but the price for top guys isn't going to stop going up.
that mostly true but not always , some very average QBS won sbs on the backs of some of the greatest defenses ever and strong run game..

Mitch might be going to his second playoffs in 3 years

so you are exaggerating a bit if i had that DL all on the same team, i can win with Quincy carter LOL

add to it 3 headed WR group and a above average starting oL that pretty darn good with pollard and zeke the QB is important but not overpaying one when not necessary..

Watson is great qb got paid and their record is what? they sure needed more defense and more weapons', it works both ways..

Flamma

Reaction score
Yes, but if say Dalton gets the Cowboys to the superbowl (unlikely) you can expect a contract around the 22-25 mil range.

Does Dalton have a cape in his closet somewhere?

Flamma

Reaction score
Yes its right behind Dak's.

LOL I'm no at Dak fan. I just had to laugh when I read Dalton and Super Bowl in the same sentence. He's a suitable quarterback, even above average given the right circumstances. But the thought of him leading this specific Cowboys team to a Super bowl? He'll need to find that phone booth fast.

Cmac

Reaction score
Andy is heading to the Chase Daniels QB for Life Program. Welcome to the WFT.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yes. The same front office that drafted Taco over Watt. That drafted Jaylon and then gave him a nice contract, that drafted Chido and has started Xavier woods at safety for years and drafted Hill or Thornhill.

This same front office is going to use 20
Million in cap savings to build the next dominant defense like
The 2014 Seahawks or the Broncos air alert or the Ravens with Ray Lewis.

yep that’s gonna happen

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We aren't negotiating for a deal for anyone, as yet. The Dallas FO will eventually be dutifully charged with negotiating with whomever is being considered as our quarterback. Dak will surely be their first attempt at arriving at a contract.

Nobody knows, just yet, what Dak and his agent will demand, nor do we know how the Dallas FO is likely to respond to their proposal. It's a new day and a new deal that will be considered.

If and when their proposal is deemed unacceptable by the FO, other arrangements may or may not be considered acceptable. Andy Dalton's demands would likely be far less, if Dak's demands are unacceptable. Whatever has happened in the past will likely be null and void.

Last edited:

Loso86

Reaction score
Yeah. What’s a fair deal for both the team and Andy. If we choose to let Dak walk because he wants too much I say a 3 yr 35 mil would get it done.
Depends if we make the playoffs and he wins a game or 2. Anywhere from 10 to 20mil yr

Kwyn

Reaction score
Yeah. What’s a fair deal for both the team and Andy. If we choose to let Dak walk because he wants too much I say a 3 yr 35 mil would get it done.
That would have made him the 22nd highest paid QB this year. Next year closer to 26-27

Starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys

If the privilege of playing for the Cowboys means you have to be in the bottom fifth, then why not go all the way and ask him to play for free

it continues to amaze me how many people think that starting QBs should take massive discounts from what the market demands