What’s the Red Rifle worth?

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's expired.
Nah i know the ones you speak of but dont sit here and tell me players Like Foles, Goff, Flacco, Eli, Garopollo, Kapernick. and others who at least made sb and some won were great QBs,?

they weren't, you can build a team around a qb whos simply good but not great..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Having had 'only' 1 good game so far, at a new team with new team mates with which he shared practically zero off season, merely serves to underline that he is still a starting caliber QB. He will be viewed by potential teams for what he has shown over his whole career, not just the last 6 weeks.

Ya I'm sure that all the teams will remember that he was cut in favor of a QB that had zero snaps in the NFL That a team had more faith in a QB with zero snaps in the NFL than the QB that was their starter for the past 9 years. Now Dalton was in Dallas and got the playbook back in the spring and managed only a single game to be good against a bad team. On the other hand Gilbert was with the Cowboys a couple of weeks and his only action with the Cowboys he had the Cowboys within 5 points of beating at the time an undefeated team. You would think that a QB with 9 years of starting and had the playbook for months could have more than one single good game against a bad team. Ya all the GM's are going to blinded like you and only see that one good game against a bad team and completely forget why he is a backup QB now. I'll bet you still believe in the tooth fairy too.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
He can increase his value tremendously in the next couple of weeks. He won a win or go home game last week and has another this week in week 17, which non of our other recent QBs have been able to win with the division on the line. Then we will see if he can improve upon his horrible playoff record. If he can do that he should go get his money.

Ya so if the Cowboys win Sunday that means Dalton would have beaten 4 teams with losing records. And you don't think that all the GM's won't see that and the games where he had passing totals of 185, 203, 209 and 219 yards and say gee can't really rely on him to be able to win the close games or he's not the type of QB that's going to get our team out to a quick big lead. Real GM's don't get all googly eyed over a single good game against a bad team.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Ya so if the Cowboys win Sunday that means Dalton would have beaten 4 teams with losing records. And you don't think that all the GM's won't see that and the games where he had passing totals of 185, 203, 209 and 219 yards and say gee can't really rely on him to be able to win the close games or he's not the type of QB that's going to get our team out to a quick big lead. Real GM's don't get all googly eyed over a single good game against a bad team.
Wasn't like we were facing good teams in week 17 in the past when the season was on the line.

exciter

Reaction score
Dalton doesnt strike me as a greedy person.
Besides, hes already made his money throughout his career. If he is smart, he takes 10 mil a year and gets to play on a stacked te to end his career and build his legacy in his home state
Lol! Dalton made it clear this season was a holdover until his market as a starter opened back up. Greed and past money has nothing to do with anything. It’s ego and deemed market value exacerbated by their agents. Market value for a quickly fading QB was set last year by P Rivers at 25m. The belief he’s going to sign for 10 or even 20 million with whatever team he goes to is delusional. Considering we will be resigning our franchise QB it’s unlikely that we’d resign this broken down quickly fading QB even if he was willing to sign for 10m to be the backup!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Wasn't like we were facing good teams in week 17 in the past when the season was on the line.

And what does that have to do with Dalton having just a single good game and fan wannabe GM's thinking that's.going to drive up Dalton to a starting job and starting money.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And what does that have to do with Dalton having just a single good game and fan wannabe GM's thinking that's.going to drive up Dalton to a starting job and starting money.
It means he will do something our other QBs have been failing to do.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
He'll pry get a Phil Rivers deal from a team needing a bridge QB. 1 year, $20-$25 million.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It means he will do something our other QBs have been failing to do.

So in other words you're another one that thinks ONE, A SINGLE GAME, UNO GAME, all by itself makes a backup QB into some all mighty feared QB that now can leap tall building in a single bound. Now if you think that sound bizarre it6's not any more bizarre those that think after a single game Dalton is now a starting caliber QB again.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So in other words you're another one that thinks ONE, A SINGLE GAME, UNO GAME, all by itself makes a backup QB into some all mighty feared QB that now can leap tall building in a single bound. Now if you think that sound bizarre it6's not any more bizarre those that think after a single game Dalton is now a starting caliber QB again.
No. You are reading too much into it. I don’t even like Dalton. What I stated is a simple fact. If you think I am mistaken please find me a meaningful week 17 game that we won and tell me what the stakes were when we won it. I don’t care if it is back up QB or not, or playing against a bad team or not, the week 17 games we have played when the playoffs have been on the line we have lost. The games we won we were either already eliminated from playoff contention or we already had made the playoffs.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
No. You are reading too much into it. I don’t even like Dalton. What I stated is a simple fact. If you think I am mistaken please find me a meaningful week 17 game that we won and tell me what the stakes were when we won it. I don’t care if it is back up QB or not, or playing against a bad team or not, the week 17 games we have played when the playoffs have been on the line we have lost. The games we won we were either already eliminated from playoff contention or we already had made the playoffs.

So big deal. The Cowboys beat the bengals and in that game Dalton had a whopping total passing yards of 185 yards and if the bengals didn't fumble the ball away their 1st 3 possessions and got in a huge hole would the Cowboys still have won? So even if the Cowboys win against another team with a losing record and Dalton has another pedestrian game of 185 passing yards is Dalton still some QB teams have to fear?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So big deal. The Cowboys beat the bengals and in that game Dalton had a whopping total passing yards of 185 yards and if the bengals didn't fumble the ball away their 1st 3 possessions and got in a huge hole would the Cowboys still have won? So even if the Cowboys win against another team with a losing record and Dalton has another pedestrian game of 185 passing yards is Dalton still some QB teams have to fear?
Have to give you credit, you are the absolute best poster at being so off base and going off when there is nothing to go off on. It’s like you’re from a different planet.

Shane612

Reaction score
If Dak is worth $40,000,000.00, the Red Rifle must be worth about $10,000,000.00.

HanD

Reaction score

Last year we beat the skins week 17. Philly was playing giants at the same time. Like this year, dal needed a win and a division leader to lose to make the playoffs.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Last year we beat the skins week 17. Philly was playing giants at the same time. Like this year, dal needed a win and a division leader to lose to make the playoffs.
There you go. Thanks, man! Nice call.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dak ain't walking.
This quarterback/money issue is just so boring.

Dak recovers and gets another Tag at $38+ mil deal.

I never got the idea Dalton was playing in Dallas for any reason but to being close to his family during the pandemic and took for a new team after the season.

We will not pay a backup much to stay.

Thanx Andy. Had he not had the concuss and the the virus..

We would probably have already have won the East.