What a dominating performance!

Mansta54

Reaction score
zeroburrito;2437874 said:
game was closer than the score indicates. they had 2 wide open td's dropped, and a crappy offsides on the onside. we probably should have lost. good thing probably doesn't mean anything.

No it wasn't!!!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jimz31;2437896 said:
I wouldn't say that this was a DOMINATING performance...we had essentially 5 big plays and one of them was a blocked punt for a safety.

We really didn't run the ball effectively, and the passing was kind of erratic....TO's big catches really kinda skews the stats.

Well that darned jelly glass of wine is half full, then.:mad:

C'mon. Let us savor this win. Excuse my hyperbole but this is the shot we need to go into December, baby!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Future;2437919 said:
Uh, we were up 32-9 in the fourth quarter and didn't give up a TD until the game was already over.

I don't see how this game was close.

It was close in the first quarter but after dat the Cowboys never looked back.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ominous Oracle;2437940 said:
Learn the inner workings of my ignore list.

I have never thought it wise for someone with 90-odd posts to being getting an ignore list.

The mods need to institute a rule that says no one can ignore anyone until at least 100 posts. Unless iffin you are sneaking back into the Zone.

Let's all, however, drink from the cup of friendship and good fellowship and just be glad this was a blowout -- as I predicted -- and you all will continue to enjoy my presence and long shadow here.

Great display of offensive and defense power today, Cowboys. Next week will be an even bigger blowout or my name isn't GIMMETHEBALL!

kramskoi

Reaction score
zeroburrito;2437888 said:
serious or not, this was a close game that could have gone either way.
lets be real here...mistakes are part of the game...if not for the chickenhawk roughing penalties, SF would never have made it as close as they did.

being up 32-9 is not a close game...spin it anyway you want to. If Dallas can put up these types of scores while sputtering around with broken pinkies then i like their chances once they heal up...

If Barber had gotten that extra yard on the second to last drive...If Witten had held on after getting smashed...if not for false starts and holding...if not for the bogus roughing penalties...see where this is going? :)

Just relax my friend. You'll live longer.;)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
SkinsFan28;2438809 said:
Congratulations

Why are you here?
We don't need no lousy Deadskin here.

I hope our resident vigilantes come after you.

And they will, loser.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sure, the 49ers had their chances, but the Cowboys defense played extremely well after those big plays.

Six points after two trips inside the five yard line. I consider that domination in the defensive category.

The 49ers decided to key on Barber this game. The Skins keyed on defending the pass last game. Teams are having to pick their poison now. Things are starting to come together.

No, things are not perfect, but the Boys did, in fact, beat the tar out of the 49ers today.

Ask Frank Gore, Shaun Hill, and Nate Clements.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
kramskoi;2438820 said:
lets be real here...mistakes are part of the game...if not for the chickenhawk roughing penalties, SF would never have made it as close as they did.

being up 32-9 is not a close game...spin it anyway you want to. If Dallas can put up these types of scores while sputtering around with broken pinkies then i like their chances once they heal up...

If Barber had gotten that extra yard on the second to last drive...If Witten had held on after getting smashed...if not for false starts and holding...if not for the bogus roughing penalties...see where this is going? :)

Just relax my friend. You'll live longer.;)

Let me add that this was a Dallas team led by a rehabbing Romo and a team with only one credible RB.

When this team fully heals, watch out!!!!
When Jason Garrett puts it all together this will be an awesome team with awesome numbers.

I cannot wait for the giANTS!!!!!

This two-week homestand for the Cowboys will be the best medicine the team can git!!!
I am still so fired up that I feel like eatin' 3 steaks!!!
And somebody get me off the garage roof!!!

Everson24

Reaction score
stiletto;2437974 said:
Sorry. We are far from dominating. The 4th qtr, OLE' by our defense is totaly unacceptable. Do you guys remember when we beat Philly on our first Super Bowl run in the playoffs? They asked Jimmy if he was happy and he said he was "happy with everything except that last touchdown" the defense let the Eagles have in the 4th qtr mop-up time...

I've NEVER had any coach when I played any sport that let us get lazy in the end just because we are winning. That's just an unacceptable attitude. We have a joke of a head coach and we'll get blown out IF we make it to the playoffs...PERIOD.

You are 100% correct. We have to get much better to win in the playoffs. Too many fans on this site with a severe case of Cowboys homerism. Cant see the forest for the trees.

stiletto

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2438611 said:
I get so tired of reading what Jimmy said, what Jimmy would have done etc

Jimmy is not the coach, that was a different era etc

enjoy the bloody win

Well, it was a nice time in this organization's history, it really wouldn't hurt this particular team to take some LESSONS from that era. :rolleyes:

stiletto

Reaction score
Everson24;2439036 said:
You are 100% correct. We have to get much better to win in the playoffs. Too many fans on this site with a severe case of Cowboys homerism. Cant see the forest for the trees.

Mediocrity is like cancer, it sets in slowly and spreads.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2438793 said:
I have never thought it wise for someone with 90-odd posts to being getting an ignore list.

The mods need to institute a rule that says no one can ignore anyone until at least 100 posts. Unless iffin you are sneaking back into the Zone.

Let's all, however, drink from the cup of friendship and good fellowship and just be glad this was a blowout -- as I predicted -- and you all will continue to enjoy my presence and long shadow here.

Great display of offensive and defense power today, Cowboys. Next week will be an even bigger blowout or my name isn't GIMMETHEBALL!

Believe me, I know I'm the very bottom of the food chain around here. I just wanted to come and enjoy this win and all I saw from zeroburrito was negativity.

It seems he has a history of this, and I just want to stay positive after a great win.

That's all. Sorry for making that post.:star:

khiladi

Reaction score
PBJTime;2437988 said:
Lots of NFL teams do this. They play a little softer at the end to prevent big plays. Having said this, I think they were still playing hard. We got some "roughing the passer" penalties that were ticky-tack because of players playing through the play.

Which is one thing I can't stand about Wade, his tendency to go soft at times like this from a coaching perspective... Our team needs to develop a killer instinct and not get complacent... I think this is what Wade should be working on right now, both for himself and his defense...

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Ominous Oracle;2439063 said:
Believe me, I know I'm the very bottom of the food chain around here. I just wanted to come and enjoy this win and all I saw from zeroburrito was negativity.

It seems he has a history of this, and I just want to stay positive after a great win.

this board needs an equalizer. someone has to do it or flowers will sprout all over this place with superbowl chants deafening the ears.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Ominous Oracle;2439063 said:

He serves up the same crap in all his posts and goes out of his way to be negative. It gets real old!!