What a Rush!

Zman5

Reaction score
Maybe playing Rush, KM will get his head out of his butt and start running more and less of the slow developing trick plays.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Next man up! We have a good defense. Play field position football and win a few games....suxks to lose players to injuries and the FO didn't allow for quality backups....but, pull that jock strap on and get to work.....NO QUIT and NO TANKING! Play your butt off! Let's Go!!!
Dont think Rush can play any worse than Dak, so maybe hes an upgrade?

exciter

Reaction score
Next man up! We have a good defense. Play field position football and win a few games....suxks to lose players to injuries and the FO didn't allow for quality backups....but, pull that jock strap on and get to work.....NO QUIT and NO TANKING! Play your butt off! Let's Go!!!
And there is one issue, every report consistently said that Grier beat out Rush in camp. How long are they gonna let lollipop go before they stick Grier in… have to wait on an injury or just stink it up a couple games. Hell, did anyone pick up Dinucci?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we're gonna have a miserable year...I'd rather go out trying to win. At LEAST I can go out with some dignity. Sell out for a draft choice that may or may not work? Hmmm....not my style. I go down fighting like a mother bugger!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Having a tough D wont matter if your offense is gonna average 13 to 17 pts per game. its gonna find the defense hating the offense for not giving them time to rest or taking advantage of short fields. that amount of offensive output gonna lead to about 4-5 wins.
The thing I would be careful of is assuming this offense can only get 13 points per game. I'm skeptical Cooper Rush can produce week after week. After all the guy has a bit of a noodle for an arm and looks like a sitting duck in the pocket. The one thing Rush has shown is that he is willing to sling the football a bit. If the Cowboys can win a few ugly 16-19 type of games, Rush will have a couple of games like Minnesota last year where he threw for 325 and give you that punchers chance at an upset or two. Now we will have to take a few games along the way where you just have to question how Rush is an actual NFL Quarterback, but the guy just seems to be braver than his abilities should allow him to. Even last night, granted it was getting into desperation mode he didn't hesitate to move the ball downfield.

No idea what the results will look like, but I have a feeling that we will be entertained.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we're gonna have a miserable year...I'd rather go out trying to win. At LEAST I can go out with some dignity. Sell out for a draft choice that may or may not work? Hmmm....not my style. I go down fighting like a mother bugger!
Hell yeah!!!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For you older darts
I think Rush could be a Trent Dilfer.
In other words, good enough

Flamma

Reaction score
I honestly think if Rush gives us what he gave us against the Vikings and the defense steps up we can go 9-8

problem is.....thats my heart speaking my Gut say 4-13

Rush was playing with a full deck. Rush is a substantial downgrade, and Dak looked like crap with what we have. Dallas will be lucky to win a game or two with their backups.

Toro9

Reaction score
It's time to see about a few things:
Is Pollard better than Zeke?
Is Lamb a #1?
Is Turpin legit?

It'll be hard to diagnose but now's the time.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The thread title would be an appropriate headline if the Cowboys beat the Bengals next week.

Wait am I typing in my sleep or something???

Sheepherder

Reaction score
The thing I would be careful of is assuming this offense can only get 13 points per game. I'm skeptical Cooper Rush can produce week after week. After all the guy has a bit of a noodle for an arm and looks like a sitting duck in the pocket. The one thing Rush has shown is that he is willing to sling the football a bit. If the Cowboys can win a few ugly 16-19 type of games, Rush will have a couple of games like Minnesota last year where he threw for 325 and give you that punchers chance at an upset or two. Now we will have to take a few games along the way where you just have to question how Rush is an actual NFL Quarterback, but the guy just seems to be braver than his abilities should allow him to. Even last night, granted it was getting into desperation mode he didn't hesitate to move the ball downfield.

No idea what the results will look like, but I have a feeling that we will be entertained.
He looked pretty good in that Minnesota game last year. It seemed like he kept his composure. I was surprised he was able to do that.