what a shock...Lions WR's

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Uh-Oh said:
I may die of laughter if that happens. They better not draft TE Vernon Davis either. No more catching guys. Do something for that Defense. Hell, draft Cutler. Anything but draft a guy to catch the ball.

They don't need Davis. Mike Williams will be moved to TE by this time next year. He's probably already up in the 245 range. He had to work like a dog to get down to 229 for the draft.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hostile said:
It's the off season and he's depressed he has to play in Detroit.

:wink2:

Can't say I blame him for that. That was my excuse many times for getting fat too when I lived in Detroit :D

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Rogers has been a bust, but Roy Williams is a flat out stud. Mike Williams could still be ok, but the stuff about him skipping out on workouts is troubling. I'd grade it one miss, one home run and one ground ball that could be at best a single.

Hiero

Reaction score
silver said:
And some of us here wanted Mike Williams. I'm glad BP loves LB's.
well, I would hope that if he came here, it wouldnt be the debacle detroit is. Everyone seems to fail in detroit.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
yeah I was one of those too...I really thought he'd be a good player but man has he flopped...I'm so glad the Lions scooped him up

David

What the real shame is, I thought the Commanders would have picked him up instead of ST. Now that would have been GREAT.:laugh2:

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
Well hell let them lose their roster spots, perhaps we could swipe one of them up for peanuts to fill our 4th spot. Never know what kind of positive influance a player of TO's calibur could instill into one of these young guys either.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
If any young QB has been damaged beyond repair it should be Carr- no one has ever taken so many sacks so early in their career.

he may have taken the sacks, but Aikman took a far more brutal beating in 1989 and 1990...QB's today are FAR more protected from the brutal stuff than they were back then

what happened against Philly in that game in 1989 would have drawn some suspensions today...that one play where the Eagle guy jumped offsides, the play was stopped for several seconds and then out of nowhere an Eagle DL body slammed Aikman is still stuck in my mind...not only were the Eagles NOT flagged on the play for the obvious offsides or cheap shot on Aikman, but a couple of Cowboys drew unsportsmanlike penalties for coming to Aikman's defense and started a brawl

bottom line is if Aikman can survive what he did, especially from 1989, Carr should be able to as well

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Rogers has been a bust, but Roy Williams is a flat out stud. Mike Williams could still be ok, but the stuff about him skipping out on workouts is troubling. I'd grade it one miss, one home run and one ground ball that could be at best a single.

people rag on Julius Jones here because of some injury stuff, but at least his injuries have been really legitimate stuff...RW has missed alot of games with the little knicks and bruises that a player of his size should be able to play through

David

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
They don't need Davis. Mike Williams will be moved to TE by this time next year. He's probably already up in the 245 range. He had to work like a dog to get down to 229 for the draft.
What is it with these guys? They're supposed to be professionals. WR's are supposed to be among the most fit guys on the team. Maybe it's Detroit. These guys just don't care.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
i wouldn't expect any player to go in and care in detroit the whole organization reeks of laziness, and i don't give a damn's

tyke1doe

Reaction score
silver said:
And some of us here wanted Mike Williams. I'm glad BP loves LB's.

LOL! My thoughts exactly.
Glad the Lions spared us the agony of second guessing. :laugh2:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tyke1doe said:
Glad the Lions spared us the agony of second guessing. :laugh2:
No kidding. Some on this board went balastic when Williams got taken. Now I am glad he before we selected.