CFZ What about a throwback game at the Cotton Bowl?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I mentioned this last year and I know it will probably never happen. But I think it would be fun for once every season to see the Cowboys play a “throwback game” at the Cotton Bowl wearing throwback blue and white uniforms, etc. Maybe also include some “throwback” prices for end zone seats, etc. Seems like it would create some good vibes and PR.

The NHL has been very successful with their “Winter Classic” throwback outdoor hockey game the last few seasons. MLB has had their “Field of Dreams” game. Seems like an idea that would be fun and different for the NFL. And with the Cowboys popularity, it seems like it would be a very popular way to bring in some history and nostalgia.

But it will probably never happen. Too much cash to be raked in at the giant shopping mall in Arlington.

Would you be in favor of a “throwback game?”

That would be fantastic!! Especially given how many people the Cotton Bowl can hold now. I think they should do it. At least for a preseason game if not a regular season game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
jerry would never do even PS as it would mean less money , more work, and no luxury seat (his throne lol) for him to sit in.
And on top of that his stadium is one of his toys, so it would make no sense to him to use some other stadium while his toy sits with the lights out.

That's where he'd be wrong though. The stadium holds over 92,000 people. He'd make a lot of money with it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see a throwback game at the Cotton Bowl, although I didn’t start following the Cowboys until the 1972 season when they had just moved to Texas stadium the previous season. Oddly enough the very first game played at Texas stadium was a college football game between Texas Southern and Bishop. Would have loved to have seen a throwback game at Texas Stadium, if it was still around.

CowboysFilmStudy

Reaction score
I mentioned this last year and I know it will probably never happen. But I think it would be fun for once every season to see the Cowboys play a “throwback game” at the Cotton Bowl wearing throwback blue and white uniforms, etc. Maybe also include some “throwback” prices for end zone seats, etc. Seems like it would create some good vibes and PR.

The NHL has been very successful with their “Winter Classic” throwback outdoor hockey game the last few seasons. MLB has had their “Field of Dreams” game. Seems like an idea that would be fun and different for the NFL. And with the Cowboys popularity, it seems like it would be a very popular way to bring in some history and nostalgia.

But it will probably never happen. Too much cash to be raked in at the giant shopping mall in Arlington.

Would you be in favor of a “throwback game?”
I would absolutely love this. Schedule it during early/mid October when it starts to cool off. The Cotton Bowl is in pretty rough shape but I’m a fan of all things throwback. The Cowboys need to put more of an emphasis on it IMO

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Id love for them to do it as a preseason game with them wearing throwbacks. Go full throwback. Or make it a Thursday Night game.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That's where he'd be wrong though. The stadium holds over 92,000 people. He'd make a lot of money with it.
well if it holds that many, maybe so.
but as I said it would mean more work to set that up and jones boys are not exactly big on extra work just to do something cool or for fans.
They will for money or something they want.

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm still bent the NFL package is costing over $400. If they do play a game at the Cotton Bowl, they should charge 1960 prices.