What about Dak should really excite us

the_h0wey

Reaction score
You mean when his dad had cancer and he said if losing a football game was the worst thing to happen to him, then his life was pretty good?
That one?

Any babbling fool who thought that he was supposed to say losing a football game was the end of the world then had lost all grasp of reality.
It actually showed maturity and depth.

The problem was, in the heat of the moment, a bunch of mental midget yahoos do not want to hear that from the QB. I think he learned that....that football fans can be buffoons and you have to take that into account when speaking to the press.

He was out the game early, had an hour or two to mentally suffer through the defeat before being asked the question. By then he had gained perspective.

Maybe he should not have said it....but he was 100000000000000000000% right.
Nothing to do with team leadership. But maybe something to do with dealing with low IQ fans.

Anyway, after ranting on that, I will say that Dak coming out of the SEC and carrying a team probably gives him an advantage at this same age over what Romo had.
Both had the "it" factor and both had leadership skills early on, but Dak was way ahead in the national stage category.

You are the first fan I have ever heard defend Romo for saying that. :huh:

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Nice outing by Dak. Like the OP said he was down on him when we he was drafted and now excited. It's important to give Dak a chance and not to get so high or low. He's young and whether you wanted him in the draft or not, he will have growing pains like yesterday's report of a bad practice and days like last Saturday where things just clicked. Consistency and experience are his two faults. One game doesn't change that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You are the first fan I have ever heard defend Romo for saying that. :huh:
I explained why he shouldn't have said it....because there are some really, REALLY dumb fans out there.
Not because what he said was not right, so many people all over defended him for that comment, but because it doesn't go over well with the crowd who are so dumb that can't figure the obvious life lesson out.
Or...so hurting they don't give a dang.
To some peoples defense, they did not know his dad had cancer.

Guys like Staubach, Aikman, Montana, and so many more, agreed fully with me.

Maybe should not have said it--kind of like a black man saying the truth that God loves us all regardless of race...but saying it at a KKK rally.
you have to know your audience.
Lol

Last edited:

the_h0wey

Reaction score
I explained why he shouldn't have said it....because there are some really, REALLY dumb fans out there.
Not because what he said was not right, so many people all over defended him for that comment, but because it doesn't go over well with the crowd who are so dumb that can't figure the obvious life lesson out.
Or...so hurting they don't give a dang.
To some peoples defense, they did not know his dad had cancer.

Guys like Staubach, Aikman, Montana, and so many more, agreed fully with me.

Maybe should not have said it--kind of like a black man saying the truth that God loves us all regardless of race...but saying it at a KKK rally.
you have to know your audience.
Lol

That's pretty cool you know Staubach, Aikman, and Montana, and have personal conversations with them. I only have their autographs =(