What about Jim Harbaugh for HC?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I wonder if JH doesn't feel suffocated in Michigan. They seem to follow a different recruiting model in the Big 10 than in other conferences.

J817

Reaction score
I'd be good with him.
his style meshes with the talent here.
but I think he might want more control than what Jerry would give...considering how things went in San Fran.

This also applies to Urban Meyer as well to all you guys wanting Urban here.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Getting spanked by Alabama in the Citrus Bowl. Perhaps The Mason Blue is tiring of the lack of results for the money.

I take Harbaugh in a heartbeat over any other college coach out there now.

Stars aligning?

He is the only Head Coach that has been mentioned that is known to have clashed with an NFL GM in the past.

The top concern fans have about a new Head Coach is how he deals with Jerry.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He is the only Head Coach that has been mentioned that is known to have clashed with an NFL GM in the past.

Didn't Rhule clash with the Jets GM?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

I would imagine he would spark some interest from NFL clubs if he was looking to make the move. Jerry's desperation factor would have to be pretty high. I have to believe in the best of circumstances, Harbaugh puts a strain on the entire organization. I also don't believe that is necessarily a bad thing.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If you thought Garrett's offense was archaic as hell, Harbaugh's would be like returning to the stone age. He's shown no ability to develop a QB. His game management skills still bite him in the *** frequently.

No thanks.
Seemed Kaepernick did pretty well with Harbaugh, declined when he left.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. Michigan is not going to find a better coach than Harbaugh. Besides, I can't see Harbaugh kowtowing to Jerry.
It's a no-go.

slick325

Reaction score
I would be happy with a HC like him...his personality is grating so it would only last so long but he would be perfect for what Aikman said is needed.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. Michigan is not going to find a better coach than Harbaugh. Besides, I can't see Harbaugh kowtowing to Jerry.
It's a no-go.
Michigan may want him to stay, but does Harbaugh want to stay? I don't want any new HC who is going to kowtow to the Owner. Keep Garrett if that's the case.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I take Harbaugh in a heartbeat over any other college coach out there now.

Stars aligning?
I would too being he took the 49ers to the Superbowl after only two years of becoming their HC. Remember the Harbaugh Bowl?! :laugh:

Jerry's going to make the announcement now being the Citrus Bowl has ended concluded.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I'd be good with him.
his style meshes with the talent here.
but I think he might want more control than what Jerry would give...considering how things went in San Fran.
Style meshes with the offense. Defense is filled with a bunch of sissys

32BellyOption

Reaction score
If you thought Garrett's offense was archaic as hell, Harbaugh's would be like returning to the stone age. He's shown no ability to develop a QB. His game management skills still bite him in the *** frequently.

No thanks.

Didn’t he help develop Kaepernick and and win three straight division titles with his offense?