What about Jim Harbaugh for HC?

jnday

Reaction score
I'd be good with him.
his style meshes with the talent here.
but I think he might want more control than what Jerry would give...considering how things went in San Fran.
His style would clash with the country club mentality in Dallas at an epic level. Players would be lining up at Jerry’s door to complain .

cowboyec

Reaction score
His style would clash with the country club mentality in Dallas at an epic level. Players would be lining up at Jerry’s door to complain .
probably gonna happen...regardless.
but we can't change owners.

jnday

Reaction score
Lol....his run game sucked in Washington his whole time there...lol
He only became a decent line coach in Dallas after they started the trend of drafting OL in the first round.

jnday

Reaction score
probably gonna happen...regardless.
but we can't change owners.
I think we can prepare ourselves for Jerry picking some jag coach that is not going to shake things up too much with discipline.

CB61

Reaction score
Getting spanked by Alabama in the Citrus Bowl. Perhaps The Mason Blue is tiring of the lack of results for the money.

I take Harbaugh in a heartbeat over any other college coach out there now.

Stars aligning?
To tell you the truth I'd rather have his brother but you may be right as far as compared to other college coaches has NFL experience also

Rayman70

Reaction score
Harbaugh is crazy enough to go to Dallas for less money than he makes in Michigan. HE WANTS TO WIN AND BE RELEVANT, like all pro coaches..and college. Its the prestige. he would demand toughness and fundamentals or he would cut you.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Harbaugh has some positives. But no thanks, the negatives outweigh the positives. At least Urban Meyer, Harbaugh's daddy (literally, look at their records against each other), could actually WIN big games.

I'm a Michigan alum and lifelong fan and I still had to like this post

Harbaugh= lots of hype, little substance

BoysForLife

Reaction score
As a Michigan fan I can tell you that his weakness is his offense has been too old school and predictable. If you want a Garrett 2.0 on offense then Jim is your guy. He had to fire his offensive coaches last season and bring in new guys with a more modern approach. I do not want this Harbaugh as HC.

Also Michigan fan and alumni

You are spot on

Reaction score
Getting spanked by Alabama in the Citrus Bowl. Perhaps The Mason Blue is tiring of the lack of results for the money.

I take Harbaugh in a heartbeat over any other college coach out there now.

Stars aligning?
The dude is a jackass and he's underperforming at an institution that shouldn't have any problems recruiting. His best credential is that his brother lucked into drafting Jackson!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The dude is a jackass and he's underperforming at an institution that shouldn't have any problems recruiting. His best credential is that his brother lucked into drafting Jackson!
Three consecutive championship games and a SB appearance with the 49ers, who by the way have not been back to the playoffs since he left until this year. I don't know, you may want to revisit your assessment.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
DO IT!!!! He’s my #1 pick for HC, his coaching style alone would have Dallas back in the playoffs for 3-4 years.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Three consecutive championship games and a SB appearance with the 49ers, who by the way have not been back to the playoffs since he left until this year. I don't know, you may want to revisit your assessment.

Not sure if JH has lost his fire or whatever. But the Harbaugh who turned Stanford into a upper tier program and did wonders in SF, is not the same guy coaching in Ann Arbor right now.

Michigan's teams consistently underperform vs expectations. I mean--Ohio State is a juggernaut. They are a top 3 program nationally. No shame in losing to them a majority of the time. But the gap is growing the longer Harbaugh is there. Not narrowing. After 5 years of Harbaugh we should at least be competitive with Ohio State.

Right now we do not even belong on the same field with them. Back to back savage beatings to end the year vs the Buckeyes. 30 point blowouts, 2 years in a row. Night and day, the difference between the two programs and it's getting worse, not better.

I was as excited as could possibly be when the Wolverines hired Harbaugh. I thought--this was finally *the* guy who was going to take us back to being in the national discussion. Unfortunately, I was right--but not for the reasons I suspected. Michigan is in the national discussion again--but as the punchline to a joke, more often than not. Another savage beating yesterday on national TV just confirms what has been apparent for at least a couple years.

Harbaugh is not what he once was. And that's OK. eventually the game passes everyone by.
We don't want any part of Harbaugh coaching the Cowboys right now. I'd love to see him out of Ann Arbor but not at the expense of seeing him in Dallas.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh as underdog
2019 vs Alabama (Lost)
2019 vs Ohio State (Lost)
2019 at Penn State (Lost)
2019 at Wisconsin (Lost)
2017 vs Ohio State (Lost)
2017 at Wisconsin (Lost)
2017 at Penn State (Lost)
2016 at Ohio State (Lost)
2015 vs Ohio State (Lost)