What about Jim Harbaugh for HC?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I would too being he took the 49ers to the Superbowl after only two years of becoming their HC. Remember the Harbaugh Bowl?! :laugh:

Jerry's going to make the announcement now being the Citrus Bowl has ended concluded.
The big problem with Jerrah is he likes reclamation projects and get credit for doing it.

From players like Tony Romo as an undrafted QB to Dak as a 4th rd. QB to Jaylon Smith as a #2 pick despite career ending injuries or Columbo or to guys like Garrett with no reputation or track record as a HC at any level and get credit for their success.

Add Jimmy Johnson to that list, too.

So bare in mind Jerrah's tendencies.

So find the coach that leaves room for Jerrah to hold press and lockeroom pressers and who does not worry about Jerrah needing to feed his ego..

and you have found your man.

Easy.

Last edited:

DarthVander

Reaction score
I’ve been a huge Harbaugh fan. He will call anyone out at any time. There was a game where he snatched the clipboard from the defensive coordinator and took over the responsibility mid-game. I will wait for that day where Jerry walks onto the sideline mid-game and Harbaugh slaps him so hard, his dentures fly into the stands.

leeblair

Reaction score
With the history between Dallas and San Francisco being what it is, this would set up a classic revenge match between Harbaugh and San Francisco.
That might be cool.
That being said- I don't want Harbaugh anywhere near Dallas if there is ANY chance he'd have his former quarterback come to Dallas.
The guy is trouble.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Jim can actually game plan and adjust at halftime , something we haven't seen here in over 10 years.

He even made Kap look good .

Actually Michigan has been outcoached during the second half of just about every big game during harbaugh's tenure

Had the lead against Alabama today at halftime and got outscored 21-0 in the second half

blueblood70

Reaction score
Getting spanked by Alabama in the Citrus Bowl. Perhaps The Mason Blue is tiring of the lack of results for the money.

I take Harbaugh in a heartbeat over any other college coach out there now.

Stars aligning?
no dude has bad record against his rivals and against teams with above 500 records..you know he beats the weak teams and im not liking that..

Ill take the guy he couldn't beat Urban Meyer....

Dwight

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, love his approach in many ways but it’s only good for about 4-5 years...then he wears out his welcome. True at almost every stop from Stanford, to Niners, and now to Michigan.

Good point. I’ll still take that 4-5 years of Jim overall than what this team had with Jason since 2007.

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
Getting spanked by Alabama in the Citrus Bowl. Perhaps The Mason Blue is tiring of the lack of results for the money.

I take Harbaugh in a heartbeat over any other college coach out there now.

Stars aligning?

Hell noooooo! Damn man

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I’ve been a huge Harbaugh fan. He will call anyone out at any time. There was a game where he snatched the clipboard from the defensive coordinator and took over the responsibility mid-game. I will wait for that day where Jerry walks onto the sideline mid-game and Harbaugh slaps him so hard, his dentures fly into the stands.
Interesting...

Dre11

Reaction score
I heard that the new regime in DC is gonna release Bill Callahan. I wish we could put him on layaway till the next head coach is selected. He becomes our line coach and running game coordinator.

Lol....his run game sucked in Washington his whole time there...lol

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Harbaugh has some positives. But no thanks, the negatives outweigh the positives. At least Urban Meyer, Harbaugh's daddy (literally, look at their records against each other), could actually WIN big games.
I like Urban's Alpha tendencies.
I like his discipline. It's Jimmy's discipline.
And don't you Plebes come at me with the Holier-Than-Thou garbage.
Jimmy built the "White House". Jimmy coached the U when they were hyper law breakers.

I don't want to hear it, bleeding hearts.

JMPearson

Reaction score
Harbaugh has some positives. But no thanks, the negatives outweigh the positives. At least Urban Meyer, Harbaugh's daddy (literally, look at their records against each other), could actually WIN big games.

He had won games in the NFL, Urban as not

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Honestly I would prefer him over the other guys like Riley or Meyer.

ondaedg

Reaction score
If you thought Garrett's offense was archaic as hell, Harbaugh's would be like returning to the stone age. He's shown no ability to develop a QB. His game management skills still bite him in the *** frequently.

No thanks.

As a Michigan fan I can tell you that his weakness is his offense has been too old school and predictable. If you want a Garrett 2.0 on offense then Jim is your guy. He had to fire his offensive coaches last season and bring in new guys with a more modern approach. I do not want this Harbaugh as HC.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Greg Roman helped develop Kapernick. And now Lamar. That’s why I want HIM as our next HC.

I really like Roman and his resume is impressive but I’m just afraid that a guy who has never been head coach will just be another puppet for Jerry whereas if a Meyer or Rhule came in it would be with the understanding that they are in charge and have certain responsibilities that Jerry mustn’t interfere with. But Roman and Bienemy(sp?) both I think will be good head coaches in this league.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Harbaugh would be another Garrett - win a few division titles and a couple of playoff games, then flop after that.

No thanks...