What actor or actress automatically ruins a movie for you?

Proximo

Reaction score
A few folks have beat me to it- but my #1 by far is Adam Sandler.
He is simply not a good actor, at all, IMO.
And his movies (aside from a couple very old ones) are complete trash. He is unwatchable.

Can’t really think of any other actors I’d put on THAT level.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A few folks have beat me to it- but my #1 by far is Adam Sandler.
He is simply not a good actor, at all, IMO.
And his movies (aside from a couple very old ones) are complete trash. He is unwatchable.

Can’t really think of any other actors I’d put on THAT level.
Come on, he should've gotten an Oscar for Spanglish! :laugh::lmao::lmao2:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Will Ferrell. Other than very brief moments of comic genius from SNL, I find him singularly un-funny and a bit of a bore. It is a sad commentary when your most memorable scene is "more cowbell".

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kristen Stewart
Adam Sandler
Those are my top two.

6f6.jpg

Sandler reminds me of Stephen A. Smith SO much that it isn't funny. And I cannot stand Smith.

Seth Rogen was mentioned. I am not crazy about his acting but I generally love his voiceover work.

I have never been a fan of Zach Galifianakis. He makes The Hangover movies LESS funny for me.

Anne Heche has always felt like a 'filler' in anything I have seen her play in. I remember the first time watching Volcano and almost forgetting about her being in it for a second. Not a good perception to have of an actor/actress playing a principal role.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Those are my top two.

6f6.jpg

Sandler reminds me of Stephen A. Smith SO much that it isn't funny. And I cannot stand Smith.

Seth Rogen was mentioned. I am not crazy about his acting but I generally love his voiceover work.

I have never been a fan of Zach Galifianakis. He makes The Hangover movies LESS funny for me.

Anne Heche has always felt like a 'filler' in anything I have seen her play in. I remember the first time watching Volcano and almost forgetting about her being in it for a second. Not a good perception to have of an actor/actress playing a principal role.

The only movie that I liked Heche in was Donnie Brasco. Other than that, she is forgettable to me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those are my top two.

6f6.jpg

I've never seen a thing that Kristen Stewart has done and I have no desire to do so. And based off of Charlie's Angels box office? I'm far from alone.

John813

Reaction score
Is everybody ok with the Rock, Dewanye Johnson? He is in everything now and he plays himself time after time. I don’t think he is capable of transforming into another character which is the main job of an actor.

I like him.

I'm torn on him because I like him as a person and in select roles but man it seemed like he was in almost every semi-action movie for a bit. Has he ever said no to a role?
Admire his hustle, but it got to the point like Mark Whalberg who was overcast imo a handful of years ago.

Will Ferrell in certain roles I can stand. Earlier older movies.
Think the last one I liked of his roles were stepbrothers and Eastbound and Down.
Anchorman(#1) was good too.

Same with Sandler. Older stuff, outside of Billy Madison, I like.

Didn't watch Ballers one season due to Russel Brand. Actually don't mind him as a person, but his acting is a no go for me.

Kevin James due to his choices in roles.

Gwyneth Paltrow solely cause she's a ****** of a person.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I don't know what it is about Steve Carell of The Office, but I can't stand him. It just seems like he's trying to be funny but isn't, and that makes me go "blech."