What actor or actress automatically ruins a movie for you?

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't yet read the previous responses, but knowing Samuel Jackson or Nicholas Gage in a movie turn me off. Samuel Jackson plays the same character - Samuel Jackson, same as Nicholas Gage.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Cage has talent though, he's proved it many times.

Don't pay any attention to all those crap movies he churned out to pay off debts.

I think he got hurt in the Madoff disaster, but either way he needed money badly there for a few years.
I've got a bizarre fascination with the later Nick Cage movies. I watch some of them just to see how bad they are and what kind of dead animal looking hair they are going to glue to his head. I'm pretty sure he never turns down a role anymore. The latest one I watched was called Arsenal. He plays a mobster type and is wearing a horrible moppy wig, a prosthetic nose for some reason and speaks with this weird voice throughout. Throw in Vince from Entourage playing some kind of bad-*** and it's a truly awful but fascinating film. Fascinating like why did someone think this needed to be made?

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I like Dwayne Johnson, but his movies aren't meant to be Academy Award winners. They're just fun romps, and I don't think he's ever had a role which required him to make you forget that he's The Rock. Just watched The Rundown again a couple of days ago. I love that movie.
Loved that movie too. The monkey scene had me in stitches.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Loved that movie too. The monkey scene had me in stitches.
I'd never heard of it until I rented it and brought it to my mother's house on Christmas or some other occasion. Had the whole family practically crying. Johnson has some really good comedic acting skills.

quickccc

Reaction score
I highly recommend The Long Kiss Goodnight, with Samuel Jackson and Geena Davis.

i do too if there is anyone that hasn't seen it yet, ..never thought Geena Davis could portay such a kick-azz role. Very well scripted and written. Loved the plot and character role. of course it had to carry Sam Jackson signature M-F's at the end..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
i do too if there is anyone that hasn't seen it yet, ..never thought Geena Davis could portay such a kick-azz role. Very well scripted and written. Loved the plot and character role. of course it had to carry Sam Jackson signature M-F's at the end..
I really don't think a lot of people have seen it. Everyone I know who has seen it loved it, which makes me think it would be talked about by more people.