What actor or actress automatically ruins a movie for you?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is everybody ok with the Rock, Dewanye Johnson? He is in everything now and he plays himself time after time. I don’t think he is capable of transforming into another character which is the main job of an actor.

I like him, he has entertaining movies much like Arnold did. Of course, he will never get that big of a star.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is everybody ok with the Rock, Dewanye Johnson? He is in everything now and he plays himself time after time. I don’t think he is capable of transforming into another character which is the main job of an actor.
I like Dwayne Johnson, but his movies aren't meant to be Academy Award winners. They're just fun romps, and I don't think he's ever had a role which required him to make you forget that he's The Rock. Just watched The Rundown again a couple of days ago. I love that movie.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think he's capable of being a much bigger star than Arnold. He's got more charisma, and much more natural humor. IMO.

Maybe, but I think he is past his point to make that mark. Arnold did Conan, Predator and Terminator which will always be classics. The Rock has yet to produce just one movie that will be looked back on as a classic. Just my opinion of course......

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe, but I think he is past his point to make that mark. Arnold did Conan, Predator and Terminator which will always be classics. The Rock has yet to produce just one movie that will be looked back on as a classic. Just my opinion of course......
True, Arnold not only had more iconic roles, but he was the original body builder tough guy (excluding Lou Ferrigno as the Hulk ;)). But I think Johnson could do a serious role, if someone were to write one for him. He did a good job in Walking Tall, which I think could've been written much more seriously.

timb2

Reaction score
Ben Affleck,never have liked him. His head looks like it has been compressed in a vice machine and is twice as long as it should be. The guy is wooden as an actor. There is a reason he has won so many Razzies........Still this idiot gets part after part.WHY????

Michael Rappaport can't stand him. His face I would love to punch in. Something about him annoys the crap out of me.

John Cusack-I never understood what he is as an actor. He doesn't look like the handsome leading man.He isn't funny.He isn't the tough guy,but constantly gets parts.WHY???

Seth Rogan-If he can't have a movie where drugs are to make him try to look cool or some disgusting scene, you would realize the guy is not funny and he can't act. He ruined "Green Hornet" for me and I will never forgive him. That movie "Night Before Christmas" was just raunchy. It was like a Holiday movie for scumbags and druggies.I had to drag my son out of it and we saw "Creed" instead ,because it was so much garbage.Basically telling impressionable teenagers that taking heroin is cool!!! NO THANKS!!!

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I do like them in movies, Dennis Quaid with that patented shifting his eyes and Robert Duvall with that thing he does with his mouth are crutches they carry from film to film. I actually wait for them to lean on it. They're really not acting as much as playing themselves playing a part. Actors that immersed themselves into their roles like early Brando, De Niro and Daniel Day-Lewis are exceptions and most of these actors are expected to recreate part of a previous role, that's why they want them for the role.

Rare is the actor that can make himself over for roles and some like Cruise, Hanks and Pitt are such big stars, I can't see them disappearing into their roles but I like them. Some actors get roles written for them like Elvis and Sinatra used to get songs written for them.

The actress that blows me away both in her looks and ability to morph into a role is Charlize Theron, she's as good as they come for me. I also think Annette Bening has the ability to do that, she had as much to do with capturing the era and authenticity of "Open Range" as Costner and Duvall did.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Dwayne Johnson, but his movies aren't meant to be Academy Award winners. They're just fun romps, and I don't think he's ever had a role which required him to make you forget that he's The Rock. Just watched The Rundown again a couple of days ago. I love that movie.
Love that movie, has some really laugh out loud parts to it.

I don't hold the action guys like Stallone, Arnold, Dwayne Johnson, Mel Gibson or Bruce Willis to the same standard like I would a drama. Those guys are part of bringing something different to the audience and while I do not think any of them are great actors, their movies are great to me. There wasn't a great actor in "Predator" but that was a great cast and they delivered. "Die Hard" and "Lethal Weapon" films are part of the film culture now and yes, they are Christmas movies and don't argue with me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I like that one too. I think it's very underrated. Sean William Scott is good in that as well and I enjoy Christopher Walken in just about anything.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Love that movie, has some really laugh out loud parts to it.

I don't hold the action guys like Stallone, Arnold, Dwayne Johnson, Mel Gibson or Bruce Willis to the same standard like I would a drama. Those guys are part of bringing something different to the audience and while I do not think any of them are great actors, their movies are great to me. There wasn't a great actor in "Predator" but that was a great cast and they delivered. "Die Hard" and "Lethal Weapon" films are part of the film culture now and yes, they are Christmas movies and don't argue with me.
Actually, I think Mel is a fantastic actor. The Man Without a Face, Braveheart, and Ransom are good examples, IMO. In fact, even in the original Lethal Weapon, in the scene where Murtaugh stuck his thumb in the hammer of the gun to keep Riggs from blowing his own brains out was great. When Gibson's eyes glazed over, and he went from completely insane to acting like nothing had ever happened, that the moment he became my favorite actor......right up until his antisemitic blow up.

And Willis did some pretty good acting in The Sixth Sense I thought.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ben Affleck,never have liked him. His head looks like it has been compressed in a vice machine and is twice as long as it should be. The guy is wooden as an actor. There is a reason he has won so many Razzies........Still this idiot gets part after part.WHY????

Michael Rappaport can't stand him. His face I would love to punch in. Something about him annoys the crap out of me.

John Cusack-I never understood what he is as an actor. He doesn't look like the handsome leading man.He isn't funny.He isn't the tough guy,but constantly gets parts.WHY???

Seth Rogan-If he can't have a movie where drugs are to make him try to look cool or some disgusting scene, you would realize the guy is not funny and he can't act. He ruined "Green Hornet" for me and I will never forgive him. That movie "Night Before Christmas" was just raunchy. It was like a Holiday movie for scumbags and druggies.I had to drag my son out of it and we saw "Creed" instead ,because it was so much garbage.Basically telling impressionable teenagers that taking heroin is cool!!! NO THANKS!!!
I like Cusack, myself. He's got a quirky sense of humor....

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

John Wayne was the same thing... I enjoyed the Duke's movies, but he wasn't a great actor. He was an entertaining actor who played himself movie after movie.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, Arnold not only had more iconic roles, but he was the original body builder tough guy (excluding Lou Ferrigno as the Hulk ;)). But I think Johnson could do a serious role, if someone were to write one for him. He did a good job in Walking Tall, which I think could've been written much more seriously.

Not a big fan of "Walking Tall" the remake.

Enjoyed the original series of movies much more.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Agreed.

Johnson is entertaining. He just hasn't made anything equivalent to Arnold's most popular films.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not a big fan of "Walking Tall" the remake.

Enjoyed the original series of movies much more.
I agree, but I mentioned it because it's the best example I could think of as a somewhat "serious role", and I don't think he was the problem with it, especially with his costar being Johnny Knoxville.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Adam Sandler.

I used to think he was funny. But then, he released turd after turd, just mailing it in for a quick buck. He's insulted his fanbase so I actively avoid anything with his name on it at this point.

Another for Adam Sandler. He just kept throwing gross things in his movies that he must have thought were funny, but weren't. I got tired of being grossed out without laughing and just quit going to his movies.