What are the benefits of this team going to the playoffs?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
No, instead you call them cowards.

Not classy.
It's real simple. Don't show me the quit in you, and I couldn't possibly be talking about you. I wasn't trying to be classy. I was trying to be blunt. The idea that some fans would prefer to have the Eagles win the division is a crock of nonsense. I don't care if we lose in the 1st round. Give me another NFC East title. Give me 10 wins. Give me a single playoff win. Give me the 1st place schedule next year. Gladly.

I'll take all of that over the Eagles winning the Division. Every day of the week. Every minute of the day. Every second of those minutes. I will never quit on this team. Ever.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's real simple. Don't show me the quit in you, and I couldn't possibly be talking about you. I wasn't trying to be classy. I was trying to be blunt. The idea that some fans would prefer to have the Eagles win the division is a crock of nonsense. I don't care if we lose in the 1st round. Give me another NFC East title. Give me 10 wins. Give me a single playoff win. Give me the 1st place schedule next year. Gladly.

I'll take all of that over the Eagles winning the Division. Every day of the week. Every minute of the day. Every second of those minutes. I will never quit on this team. Ever.

And anyone who doesn't agree with you is a coward.

I get it.

You get to pick what works for you, not what works for anyone else.

As far as 'nonsense'? That's believing in an in-over-his-head coach who has clearly shown in 3 years to be the epitome of mediocre. That's nonsense.

My 'quit' or 'blind devotion' doesn't hurt or help the poor job that ownership and coaching are doing.

Give me something better than a .500 front office and head coach.

It's real simple.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
So I goofed after "Joe vs. the Volcano" when I kept going to Tom Hanks movies?

Damn, I feel bad now.

Tom hanks had recently won an academy award before "joe volcano". And has built himself into one of the most regarded actors of our time...

:). Just saying. And .......i kinda liked that movie:)

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Why can't you all stop arguing and tell us what we need to do to get to the Super Bowl. That's what I want to know. I know this year is probably out but what about next year? I don't care who gets fired, who gets traded, or who just quits. I want another ring. Its why I've been a fan for 37 years. I'm spoiled I guess. The 70's and 90's spoiled me. I want Americas team to rise again. Now, where do we start? That's the question that the coaches may not have the answer to. It takes a football mind, a great one, to know the answer to that question. If it was easy there wouldn't be a handful of teams winning super bowls...............Does anyone in Dallas know?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I understand the need for venting some frustration guys but let's keep it about the Cowboys and not each other.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It disgusts me that our players gives all that they have, for us, and people think so little of them.

It disgusts me when mercenary players like Jason Hatcher basically say they ignore fans and their frustrations.

I get your romantic visions of NFL football players. It was a different game many old heads grew up loving where players would play because they loved it and had to get second jobs.

That is simply not the case anymore. These players have next to no team allegiance. Rivalries mean nothing. It is even funnier when a player having personal pride is suddenly a rare quality.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
It disgusts me when mercenary players like Jason Hatcher basically say they ignore fans and their frustrations.

I get your romantic visions of NFL football players. It was a different game many old heads grew up loving where players would play because they loved it and had to get second jobs.

That is simply not the case anymore. These players have next to no team allegiance. Rivalries mean nothing. It is even funnier when a player having personal pride is suddenly a rare quality.

It's a business...to the owners. To the coaches. To the players and agents. And everybody else in between.

It is a entertaining business though.......college ball still has some old time values in it, but even that is disappearing. These coaches get multi millions of dollars.......and huge contracts, They are rock stars.....

That's the game these days.........no one to blame. It just evolved that way

And that's how i get my entertainment value from it. I'm a cowboys fan, I watch and follow to see how it comes together, or doesn't come together,,,,....the emotional welfare of the players is no concern of mine. I. Pretty sure they are okay making millions.....if they pull a hammy or have an injury. No way they risk future earnings on rushing back. And then, there are those guys who are happy to make roster......play out as much as they can. Maybe a few years. Then try again, on a desperate team.......who dont give a rats *** about winnig. Just as long as they get that check......

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It's a business...to the owners. To the coaches. To the players and agents. And everybody else in between.

It is a entertaining business though.......college ball still has some old time values in it, but even that is disappearing. These coaches get multi millions of dollars.......and huge contracts, They are rock stars.....

That's the game these days.........no one to blame. It just evolved that way

And that's how i get my entertainment value from it. I'm a cowboys fan, I watch and follow to see how it comes together, or doesn't come together,,,,....the emotional welfare of the players is no concern of mine. I. Pretty sure they are okay making millions.....if they pull a hammy or have an injury. No way they risk future earnings on rushing back. And then, there are those guys who are happy to make roster......play out as much as they can. Maybe a few years. Then try again, on a desperate team.......who dont give a rats *** about winnig. Just as long as they get that check......

I used to care about what was inside the laundry as a player when I was a child. Mainly because the emotion was a little more palpable.

I would get angry at losses, hate rivals and often those emotions would be repeated by the players and that is how empathy forms.

Now you have players asking rivals for their autographs. Losses are nothing as most players will be laughing as their team suffers an embarrassing loss.

But I understand that is how the game and especially the players have changed. I am not going to pretend that any of these players look at it more as a game than a job.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
And anyone who doesn't agree with you is a coward.

I get it.

You get to pick what works for you, not what works for anyone else.

As far as 'nonsense'? That's believing in an in-over-his-head coach who has clearly shown in 3 years to be the epitome of mediocre. That's nonsense.

My 'quit' or 'blind devotion' doesn't hurt or help the poor job that ownership and coaching are doing.

Give me something better than a .500 front office and head coach.

It's real simple.
You say you get it then prove you don't. Once again, you seem to think I am saying the fans cause losses. I'm not that stupid. Losses are caused by execution on the football field or the lack of it. Whether you quit or follow the team blindly won't affect one single play.

Do you want the Eagles to win the NFC East? If your answer is no, then my comment wasn't aimed at you.

Are you afraid of playing the 1st place schedule next year if we finish first this year? If your answer is no, then my comment wasn't aimed at you.

But nowhere did I say the blame lies at the feet of the fans. Do I wish some of them had more intelligence and better attitudes? Of course. I think wishing they were dumber with worse attitudes is rather dumb. Hopefully that;s not just me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You say you get it then prove you don't. Once again, you seem to think I am saying the fans cause losses. I'm not that stupid. Losses are caused by execution on the football field or the lack of it. Whether you quit or follow the team blindly won't affect one single play.

Do you want the Eagles to win the NFC East? If your answer is no, then my comment wasn't aimed at you.

Are you afraid of playing the 1st place schedule next year if we finish first this year? If your answer is no, then my comment wasn't aimed at you.

But nowhere did I say the blame lies at the feet of the fans. Do I wish some of them had more intelligence and better attitudes? Of course. I think wishing they were dumber with worse attitudes is rather dumb. Hopefully that;s not just me.

I think what's 'dumb' is thinking that your opinion is the template for acceptability or intelligence.

If you believe what I believe, you're OK, otherwise, you're a 'coward'.

A pretty arrogant and short-sighted way of thinking if you ask me.

This team is deeply flawed, and a meaningless playoff appearance won't do anything to help fix the problem.

This head coach has had three years to implement his 'process' and it hasn't led to any consistency - other than mediocrity - and you believe the answer is to lower the bar because suddenly winning is hard.

I believe you've lowered your standards to justify keeping your guy in place despite all evidence that it's not working.

If my belief that this team is better off long-term by losing out and hopefully forcing change rather than some undeserved playoff appearance and more of the status quo makes me a 'coward' in your mind, it's a label I will gladly accept.

And, on a side note, despite our disagreeing on this subject, it's good to 'talk' to you again, you've been missed.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I think what's 'dumb' is thinking that your opinion is the template for acceptability or intelligence.

And, on a side note, despite our disagreeing on this subject, it's good to 'talk' to you again, you've been missed.
That isn't what I believe, and you know where to find me. I enjoy talking with you too.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Same here. Jerry also said he would never fire a coach mid season but then when the pressure was too high, he cut Wade didn't he? Jerry is a liar. The more we become a laughing stock, the more he will jump. The thing is, he almost always makes bad decisions. So, all we can really do is hope. Maybe one day he will admit he was wrong about the GM position and hire one. We aren't going ANYWHERE with the current team, so it is pretty pointless.

What good does it do us to make the playoffs and get a crappy draft pick out of it and a first place schedule next year? It just increases the chances of us being .500 or below next year. I would rather take it on the chin and have a few bad years so we can rebuild. The only problem is, do they realize what it even takes to rebuild?

Maybe if we finally get a first place schedule, the team will fall to 5-11 and then Jerry will see this team isn't progressing. It means another year of Garrett but we're probably getting that anyway.