What are the benefits of this team going to the playoffs?

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I understand it. Those who don't want to make the playoffs just want to force change in an organization that has brought us two decades of mediocrity, with no change in sight.

Mentally I can understand the concept but the fan in me is repulsed by the idea. Not to mention no change at the top (Jerry + Stephen) is coming no matter what happens.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
And very very little about the opponent. They are spending far more time being introspective when honestly it is a little late for soul searching.

I think that butt kicking Monday night threw them for a loop. Chicago isn't all that and yet they handled the Cowboys like they were a pee wee team. We keep hearing about them making the playoffs & yet they go out & play like that. I just saw some of the game & the Cowboys should be embarrassed.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
Oh, no. I'm not talking about Jerry and Stephen rebuilding. If that's the case, last one out hit the lights.

What I'm hoping for is desperation and the owner pulling another Parcells. That's what we need. Or at least that's the best case scenario with this owner.

Holmgren.

Hes the only one I can see Jerry trusting to have alleged total control of the team. Even they jerry will still medle.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no fan gets to make that choice so the question is moot.

Every fan gets to make that decision for themselves.

anyone who thinks this front office changes because we go 7-9 is seriously deluded.
coaching changes? sure, they probably fire kiffin if we finish 7-9 but little else will likely change.

Then call me deluded.

And hopefully, the number of deluded fans - who don't financially support this mediocrity - increases.

If people continue to buy into it, it will only continue.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The staff was changed after last season and what good did that do? Unless you change the HC and bring in an experienced one who isn't being manipulated by Jerry we're going to continue seeing the same thing. Jerry said a few weeks ago regardless how the Cowboys finish Garrett is coming back and he probably will. Jerry likely has a 4-5 year plan with him so those hoping the team tanks the rest of the way to push Jerry to make major changes are probably going to end up disappointed.

I'm disappointed already, I may as well get change.

I will hold out hope for that, not hope that this mess somehow, some way, fixes itself.

That's more than enough evidence showing that will not happen.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we could get someone like Parcells again, I would say "no", too - in a heartbeat. But, the front office is Jerry, Stephen, and company, and if there are any changes made, it will just be more of the same in that area. Jerry is still going to be in the room on draft day. If Garrett is fired, Jerry will pick someone new to put out front as head coach and he'll continue to meddle in every facet of the organization. Norv Turner would probably like to be a head coach again. (Come to think of it, that doesn't sound so bad - it might bring our offense back to life. I'm waffling here...:))

Recall that it took (3) 5-11 seasons and the need for public financial support for a new stadium to get us Parcells. If we lose out, one 7-9 season that can easily be blamed on injuries just won't do it, IMO. In addition, our Monday night beatdown was the most watched Monday Night Football game of the season, so Jerry knows for sure the fans are still on board.

In any case, I do hope we get into the playoffs.

This bunch has shown guaranteed mediocrity, I'll take my chances with any alternatives.

I kńow what I'm not getting now, give me the possibility of improvement.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Oh, no. I'm not talking about Jerry and Stephen rebuilding. If that's the case, last one out hit the lights.

What I'm hoping for is desperation and the owner pulling another Parcells. That's what we need. Or at least that's the best case scenario with this owner.

Yeah, I'm on the same page with you. But all we have is hope. The good news is Jerry is getting old and who knows how much longer he will be around, the bad news is his idiot son might follow in his dads footsteps. If that is the case, I just don't know if I can take it. It could take the rest of my life before we see true change.

visionary

Reaction score
I ask because this defense isnt going to win you a championship

The truly blind (Jerry, Stephen, garret, and CZ homers) get to beat their chest about how the process is working

We get more pronouncements about how we just need to tweak the roster

We also get to ignore the real problems with team

We can look forward to another 10+ years of mediocrity since Jerry and Jason's "way" will have been validated

Take your pick

khiladi

Reaction score
If the Cowboys force 3 punts against the Bears they probably win the game.

And the Commanders are 3-10...using them as an example is laughable.

Using a pathetic Commanders offense led by RG3, having no problems putting up 21 points in the second half against the Bears, despite them not forcing a punt, is a bad example of how our ofense sucks?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Uh, yeah, so do I. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

You were the one wondering why everyone couldn't just enjoy the game. I'm glad to see you didn't enjoy that butt kicking either though.

Oh, I see, it's some sort of societal problem. We'll no one has ever liked to lose, not now, not ever. Discussing our teams, what they should do and what they shouldn't do is also part of society, it helps bring us together and makes us feel like we have a common cause. It's not life or death, we know that. It's our escape from the every day and some of us approach it differently, just as all things in life.

So I'm glad that "we'll get 'em next time" thing is working for you. As for me, I'm tired of saying it. I don't believe "we'll get 'em next time", as I see a pattern here, one that has been repeated for several seasons now. I haven't cried about the Cowboys losing since I was a little kid. Now I try to figure out what isn't working and hope it changes. What I see is a team that gave up, flat out gave up, and that is not the spirit of sport. There is an old saying "It's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game"

I have never participated in fantasy football or played Madden, so I have no idea what that has to do with what I said. You'll have to humor this old fart and explain that to him. In my real world, my team is getting it's behind kicked royally, and I'd like to see that change. That's my way of dealing with it. Sorry if it doesn't meet your approval.
Simple, I think people do not understand how difficult the game is, don't respect it, don't respect the effort on the field even in bad games, and it has gotten to the point of ridiculous. I agree with Idgit on that.

Bill Parcells in his HOF Speech choked up when he talked of players carrying their own IVs onto planes and buses. He explained about how they are in so much pain they lie in the aisles because they can't sit in the seats.

It disgusts me that our players gives all that they have, for us, and people think so little of them. Whether that humored you or not I don't know. But I for one am sick and tired of hearing about the fans hurt feelings and frustration over 17 years. Oh, you sat on your couch and wore out the remote control rooting for this team? Great. In the meantime they did all they could to win for you to make your week special. They won some, they lost some. That's football.

I have said on this forum for years that I am wired different. I meant it. It isn't about better. I have never once claimed that I am a better fan than anyone else. But I seem to have a deeper respect for the game of football at times. I have seen hundreds of losses in my lifetime. I have never once sought to make someone else feel miserable after seeing one. If that is the man you want to be though, get on with your bad self. I just want to love my team. Hate me for it. I don't give a flying damn.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Not hard to grasp what you're saying. It's been easy for quite some time.
Apparently it was. You swung and missed by a freaking mile. I'm not stupid enough to say the idiocy of fans is why the team loses. So where the hell did I blame the fans?

Exactly, I didn't.