What Are the Cowboys Worth to Dak?

sacase

Reaction score
I think the money is hand out. Cowboys are all about long term stability. They want to give Dak 2 contracts but 3 over the course of his career. It's all about years now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Makes no difference to me. If we meet our goals no one will care. If we don’t then it will be a topic to critique.

I’ve never got too involved with contract negotiations. Except I want them to sign. I usually side with players stance vs owners.

Its about the salary cap, not players vs owners.

Its about math.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
wow...... ok mr obvious. Owners are always trying to find better players, and when you have your current pool.. yes, the players obviousy matter. Thats why I said if you lost EVERY player tomorrow. Is it not hard to see that the next group of players, while maybe below all those we just lost will be playing againts players starting abaseline that is different from those just lost. The NFL is king, not individual players. AB just dropped off the nfl radar, probably forever. He was a top 3 or 4 wr for sure, and the league, or the teams he left wont miss a beat.... as far as following from fans.
Again you’re using the example of losing one individual player which of course won’t impact interest.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Its about the salary cap, not players vs owners.

Its about math.
As a fan that’s not really my concern. I just want the talent . Let the owners or Mgmt hash that out. I’ll critic or applaud those decisions based on the results.

I’m not going to cheer or root against how much a player makes.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As a fan that’s not really my concern. I just want the talent . Let the owners or Mgmt hash that out. I’ll critic or applaud those decisions based on the results.

I’m not going to cheer or root against how much a player makes.

Its like a budget. As a devoted fan, I want to see them get players at as big a discount as they can.

IF you dont care, then whatever.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Its like a budget. As a devoted fan, I want to see them get players at as big a discount as they can.

IF you dont care, then whatever.
I’d like to see players earn as much as they can. If it works into our cap then fine. If not move on. It’s a business first.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Again you’re using the example of losing one individual player which of course won’t impact interest.
well fortunately, there is no example I can piint to where every player in the nfl died in one day........smh

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’d like to see players earn as much as they can. If it works into our cap then fine. If not move on. It’s a business first.

Not going to field a very good team paying the players whatever they want. Players come and go. The team is what I root for.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
well fortunately, there is no example I can piint to where every player in the nfl died in one day........smh
But we do have an example where every team lost most of their players and what the impact was to attendance and tv ratings.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not going to field a very good team paying the players whatever they want. Players come and go. The team is what I root for.
I didn’t say pay them what they want. It’s up to our Mgmt to hash that out. And we can critic those results.

I’m just not going to root for players to take less. I realize the implications.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
But we do have an example where every team lost most of their players and what the impact was to attendance and tv ratings.
you cant use that example... it makes no sense because all of those players that were lost could play, were ready to play, but were on strike. That is a RIDICULOUS example. Had that strike resulted in every NFL player being fired and out of the league forever(like the air traffic controllers) the nfl would have been back to full strength the next season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
you cant use that example... it makes no sense because all of those players that were lost could play, were ready to play, but were on strike. That is a RIDICULOUS example. Had that strike resulted in every NFL player being fired and out of the league forever(like the air traffic controllers) the nfl would have been back to full strength the next season.
Of course I can use that example . You just don’t like it cause it doesn’t fit your narrative.,lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My hope is we can negotiate a contract that both sides can live with. Wanting to negotiate a contract for a discount is fine as long as we don’t hold it against the player if they don’t agree to it.

Most players have a limited shelf life. They should optimize their earning potential . If it fits into our budget then fine. But if not I wish them well despite if it hurts our team.

The NFL is sports entertainment at the highest level. Winning obviously makes it more fun. If the owners placed winning at all cost then there wouldn’t be a salary cap. But they’re more concerned about making money. Why shouldn’t the players be?

These players have a rare opportunity to earn for a short period of time. Owners will be making it long after these players are gone.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Of course I can use that example . You just don’t like it cause it doesn’t fit your narrative.,lol
nope, you are right you can use it... no matter how ridiculous it is... you go ahead and use it....lol

Have a good game tomorrow... hopefully we all do.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
nope, you are right you can use it... no matter how ridiculous it is... you go ahead and use it....lol

Have a good game tomorrow... hopefully we all do.
Its the only real example we have how important the players are to the revenue of the NFL.

And I think the salaries reflect that. Otherwise they’d be paying them all minimum wage.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Its the only real example we have how important the players are to the revenue of the NFL.

And I think the salaries reflect that. Otherwise they’d be paying them all minimum wage.

A good friend of mine that passed away this past Dec once taught me a valuable lesson. EVERYONE is replaceable. He was absolutely right.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A good friend of mine that passed away this past Dec once taught me a valuable lesson. EVERYONE is replaceable. He was absolutely right.
Yes but there might be repercussions if the replacement isn’t as productive.

I’ve seen business go out or lose tremendous amounts of money and or key accounts from turnover which can take sometime years to overcome. There can be a price to be paid for poor decisions.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes but there might be repercussions if the replacement isn’t as productive.

I’ve seen business go out or lose tremendous amounts of money and or key accounts from turnover which can take sometime years to overcome after losing key employees or Mgmt.
agree..... but quincy carter be our qb and Dallas net worth would keep rising.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
agree..... but quincy carter be our qb and Dallas net worth would keep rising.
Again you’re using one player .

And what was the impact to the team?
It might not continue rising if the team spiraled down for years.

How about using late 80’s with Cowboys as an example?

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Again you’re using one player .

And what was the impact to the team?
It might not continue rising if the team spiraled down for years.

How about using late 80’s with Cowboys as an example?
because this isnt the late 80s. This is damn near 2020. Did they have Thursday night football in the 80s? NFL sunday ticket in the 80s? Mass participation in fantasy football in the 80s? Fan Fual and draft King in the 80s? Web sites with rabid fans in the 80s? To compare the nfl of the 80s to the nfl of today is, once again... RIDICULOUS.

Cmon, the nfl has their own damn network now.