What are you looking to see from our players in tonight's game vs the Raiders?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm looking to see the development in our young OL, and how they're coming along most importantly. Maybe we can see who's coming along in terms of back up running back/WR

Our help this year is going to be from within, and with a lot of our young guys. I don't know whether to be nervous or happy, I'll take the high road and say happy! Please no injuries!!!!!!

I've noticed several teams are playing their starters for a while, I don't see that happening with us, should we?? Please give your thoughts on this topic

Jipper

Reaction score
My eyelids...ill be asleep!!!

But in the replay...
- Lance improved play..more accurate and more deliberate, just show an upward trajectory

-something from the RB group

- OL...so much here but want to see the rookies do their thing

DL- hold up in the middle

Whole team being tough...end of last game they looked weak, I want them to play tough like they want to make the team...

And most of all no major injuries

CCBoy

Reaction score
Nick Eatman: Hey, Eric Scott - great job getting that interception in the first preseason game. Now, let's do it again. While that sounds a bit harsh, that's just the cold reality of trying make an NFL roster, especially when the Cowboys obviously like rookie Caelen Carson and just traded for Andrew Booth. So for Scott to make the team, he's going to have to make more plays like he did in the first game and stack some good tape against each other. But the cornerback room is getting crowded all of a sudden and while Scott was able to make the roster last year without playing any, it's unlikely that could be the case again. He's going to have to prove himself and what better spot than in the game Saturday night.

Patrik Walker: I'm truly keyed in on Deuce Vaughn in this game, and for several reasons. The talented young running back missed the preseason opener and several practice prior due to a hamstring injury, and that happened following a rookie season that saw him struggle to get going in the Cowboys' offense. Vaughn is desperately trying to carve out a role on the offense (RB? WR? Combo?) and that means using what needs to be a big showing against the Raiders to help propel the cause forward.

Nick Harris: The more reps, the better for Marist Liufau, as the rookie third-round pick has taken on more responsibilities than expected in Mike Zimmer's defense early on, and he's shined with those opportunities. In a game where the youth is expected to be on full display, there could be even more on the table for Liufau in Saturday's game as he continues to impress the coaching staff and spectators alike.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/who-to-watch-players-to-evaluate-in-las-vegas

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My eyelids...ill be asleep!!!

But in the replay...
- Lance improved play..more accurate and more deliberate, just show an upward trajectory

-something from the RB group

- OL...so much here but want to see the rookies do their thing

DL- hold up in the middle

Whole team being tough...end of last game they looked weak, I want them to play tough like they want to make the team...

And most of all no major injuries
Yup can't wait to see these guys, and it will be late of a game geez

CCBoy

Reaction score
DeMarvion Overshown, LB

Overshown gave everyone a scare on Wednesday when he left practice for a hip pointer. The second-year player missed all of 2023 with and ACL injury and figures to be a key cog in the linebacker machine in 2024. He’s flashed enough plays to look like a star in the making and no longer has much to prove in his bid for a starting role.

Markquese Bell, Safety

Bell was a standout performer in the Cowboys first preseason game, leading the team in tackles and snagging an interception and deflection in the process. Coming off a season where he played LB almost exclusively, Bell needs plenty of practice reps as a deep safety, he just doesn’t need the punishment of a full contact environment on top of it.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...oper-beebe-demarvion-overshown-markquese-bell

These two players are really going to affect both the pass and run games on defense!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd like to see them realize that Lance needs to be on the move, 75 to 80% of the time.
No he doesn't, I made mention to that a week ago and so many said no like it's a bad idea!!! That's what he excels at, get him moving and using his legs. YES he needs to be able to pass the ball too and do things from the pocket!

CCBoy

Reaction score
The trenches, on both sides of the ball, and the running game.
  • LT — Tyler Guyton (Rookie), Chuma Edoga, Nathan Thomas (Rookie)
  • LG – Tyler Smith, T.J. Bass, Josh Ball
  • C – Cooper Beebe (Rookie), Brock Hoffman
  • RG – Zack Martin, Asim Richards, Dakoda Shepley
  • RT – Terence Steele, Matt Waletzko, Earl Bostick Jr.

The Dallas offensive line is strong as a group with plenty of growth room.

If Steele, 28, comes back fully now, this line will be strong and deep. Martin's decisions will be guarded well by current talent on the roster. Depth all the way across.

Jerry has even changed past and thrown caution out to add tough talent people into the defensive line.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Finish drives with a TD. Shut the other team down. No injuries. Minimize penalties.
I would like to see that also, and in the season. Far too often we settle for FG's, but hey they also win games too!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do you remember when a 10pm wasn't " late"? :laugh:
yeah about 20 years ago when coog wasn't 40 years old!! In my 20's, hell yeah i'm staying up to watch this late game, 9 or 10pm coog is ready to go to bed!! lol

shabazz

Reaction score
yeah about 20 years ago when coog wasn't 40 years old!! In my 20's, hell yeah i'm staying up to watch this late game, 9 or 10pm coog is ready to go to bed!! lol
Yup.....we learned that you can get 99.9% of things done before 10