What are you looking to see from our players in tonight's game vs the Raiders?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Just kidding Coog, I'd like to see more time in the pocket for Lance, and maybe giving him some time with guys that the announcers will at least have their names on their cheat sheet.
Agree.

Lance was already in a no-win situation with scrubs from the last game.

Put in more talent and let him stretch the field.

The kid has an arm.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I expect touchdowns on every drive for our offense and pick 6's on every defensive series.

In seriousness my game 2 plan would be to catch a glimpse of our starters to gauge the cohesiveness and then pull them as quickly as I could so we can really test the backup/fringe players. Maybe experiment with a few guys to see what they can do. Probably let Dak call his own plays.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm looking to see the development in our young OL, and how they're coming along most importantly. Maybe we can see who's coming along in terms of back up running back/WR

Our help this year is going to be from within, and with a lot of our young guys. I don't know whether to be nervous or happy, I'll take the high road and say happy! Please no injuries!!!!!!

I've noticed several teams are playing their starters for a while, I don't see that happening with us, should we?? Please give your thoughts on this topic
Maybe we can score a TD this game.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Agree.

Lance was already in a no-win situation with scrubs from the last game.

Put in more talent and let him stretch the field.

The kid has an arm.
He has 2 arms.

So what you are saying is we should play our starters to compete against rookies and UDFA's, so we can see Trance's talent???

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
LB play. Overshown and Liufau, in particular. I have 2 close friends that are staunch ND fans. Both called me chuckling after the ML draft. One said, "too soon", the other asked me, "Why do the Jones' have an affinity for LB's with poor instincts?" I'd really like them to be wrong.

Guyton and Beebee. Guyton more so cuz that position has been anchored for so long and now it's....

The D line in general - not just the interior. You guys think there's more to Kneeland than I do, so I'll don my objective hat and check this dude out.

The continuation of the 4th receiver position battle. Encouraging that there are actually quality players battling for this position.

Will there be more focus on the running game this week? 1st game felt like it was more about establishing a baseline for Lance. Would like to seem them implement a little more of the run game and would really appreciate one of the candidates stepping up just a little. Hmm...I said little. Is Deuce healthy? Like to see him if he is.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Like to see the starting five Oline get some extended work, Guyton, Smith, Beebe, Martin, and Steele with Lance starting at QB.....Need to see Lance make some strides in this game with more accuracy..

leeblair

Reaction score
I'm looking to see the development in our young OL, and how they're coming along most importantly. Maybe we can see who's coming along in terms of back up running back/WR

Our help this year is going to be from within, and with a lot of our young guys. I don't know whether to be nervous or happy, I'll take the high road and say happy! Please no injuries!!!!!!

I've noticed several teams are playing their starters for a while, I don't see that happening with us, should we?? Please give your thoughts on this topic
Would like to see Trey Lance get more in rhythm as he goes.
The kid is getting his first action in a couple of years, and when he gets it dialed in he could be great.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Like to see the starting five Oline get some extended work, Guyton, Smith, Beebe, Martin, and Steele with Lance starting at QB.....Need to see Lance make some strides in this game with more accuracy..
Are starters going to make his throws more accurate???

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I want to see Lance look like a good QB.... but I seriously am not expecting much.

Did Turpin even play in the last game? id love to see us put him on the field as a WR more in the slot and see what he can do. The guy can play.... dont tell me he cant do Beasley type things.

Creeper

Reaction score
I would love to see Guyton playing LT and Tyler Smith at LG. The power of those two should be something to watch. But Tyler is not going to play.

I want to see more of Guyton and Beebe. They need to continue to develop and quickly.

I hope Mazi has a chance to get some plays after his medical emergency, but I would understand if they hold him out. But he needs the playing time.

We need to see more from the DEs, Fehoko, Golston, and Kneeland.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I just can't wait to read the comments on the game thread. Like going to comedy night on a Saturday evening.
:muttley: :muttley:

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'd like to see the Cowboys announcers and not the other teams' like last week. Those guys/gals were getting on my nerves!! Constantly interviewing the Rams players on the sidelines, all the while, there's a football game going on behind them!! Not sure which announcers we're getting this week.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

This is a great post. This is what makes preseason fun. You look as players more closely. For me it’s the young OL, the LBs, and Lance. Lance is probably tops for me. Seeing the defensive scheme change is interesting but it’s very vanilla right now.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is a great post. This is what makes preseason fun. You look as players more closely. For me it’s the young OL, the LBs, and Lance. Lance is probably tops for me. Seeing the defensive scheme change is interesting but it’s very vanilla right now.
This is a great post, please don't say that again on here, you'll offend someone! Lol you're right, there's a lot to look at