What are your bold, pre-combine draft predictions?

bpfred

Reaction score
Here are some of mine:

Maurice Hurst and Arden Key fall out of the 1st round, with Key falling past the second.

Davenport gets picked before Chubb.

Derwin James goes #28 or later. I think there's a 30% chance or so he falls out of the first round, as teams don't value his coverage skills nearly as much as fans do.

Taven Bryan gets selected in mid-1st round.

Vita Vea gets selected top 10. I'm basing this on him running well at the combine. If he runs sub 5.00, I'm a lot more confident of this prediction.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Cant sleep so i will play along.

My bold predictions are 3 big trade ups will happen and 5 QBs will be off the board by the time we pick resulting in Ro Smith, Calvin Ridley, Tremaine Edmunds, or Derwin James to fall right into our laps.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think I might have started a similar thread a while back, buts it fun discussion.

- Landry is taken before our pick
- Payne is not selected in 1st
- Josh Jackson is not selected in 1st

cowboyec

Reaction score
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo,LB-Ou has a big-time combine and goes in the middle of Rd 1.

3 DTs go in the top 20...Hurst,Vea and Payne.

Christian Kirk and Courtland Sutton go bottom of Rd 1.

Centex

Reaction score
Cleveland trades out of the first pick with Denver who gives up enough to make it worth while. Cleveland still takes a qb but loads up on extra picks.

Sydla

Reaction score
Here are some of mine:

Maurice Hurst and Arden Key fall out of the 1st round, with Key falling past the second.

Derwin James goes #28 or later. I think there's a 30% chance or so he falls out of the first round, as teams don't value his coverage skills nearly as much as fans do.

Vita Vea gets selected top 10. I'm basing this on him running well at the combine. If he runs sub 5.00, I'm a lot more confident of this prediction.

There isn't a frog's chance in hell of Key falling out of the 2nd.

Why?

Because we will take him if he falls to our 2nd round pick. He's the quintessential Cowboys pick.......... a toolsy, athletic kid with massive upside at a position we covet these types of guys at who has fallen due to perceived character issues.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
There isn't a frog's chance in hell of Key falling out of the 2nd.

Why?

Because we will take him if he falls to our 2nd round pick. He's the quintessential Cowboys pick.......... a toolsy, athletic kid with massive upside at a position we covet these types of guys at who has fallen due to perceived character issues.
God I hope not !

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Cant sleep so i will play along.

My bold predictions are 3 big trade ups will happen and 5 QBs will be off the board by the time we pick resulting in Ro Smith, Calvin Ridley, Tremaine Edmunds, or Derwin James to fall right into our laps.

Even without the trade up's for QB's.
I do think there will be a trade up into the top 5.

Cleveland most likely. Trade down to get more picks and future picks.

You're right 5 will be gone by the time we get to pick.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
One of the coveted QBs will slide like Rodgers did. Cowboys trade out of the first round and then trade back into the tail end of the first, ending up with an additional first next year and an extra third this year.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Even without the trade up's for QB's.
I do think there will be a trade up into the top 5.

Cleveland most likely. Trade down to get more picks and future picks.

You're right 5 will be gone by the time we get to pick.
I have a feeling Denver will trade up with Cleveland to get ahead of Giants for their pick of the QBs. Arizona is another team i have a good feeling will trade up to get their pick of Allen, Lamar Jackson, or Mayfield. May even trade up to 5th overall to get ahead of the Jets having Cleveland trade back twice. Bills is the 3rd trade up im predicting. Could see Cleveland taking whichever QB is left with the 15th pick they get from Arizona.

Thinking about it Saints and Steelers are in a position to do what Green bay did and take a QB late in the 1st to sit behind their aged star QB and develop. Jags also need competition for Bortles as well. With the lack of first round talent, its possible 6 or 7 QBs(doubtful 7 but you never know) go in the first if Luke Falk, Mike White, or Mason Rudolph Impress enough to make a team feel he wont last long in the 2nd round.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Derwin James goes #28 or later
I would think the opposite. James will benefit from the Combine. His film is inconsistent, ranging from dominant to non-existent & hesitant, so I see why you say that about the scouts, but the Combine is right up his alley.

I've been on him since last August, so I can see that. He is just so raw though. He just kind of falls into plays and beats guy on athleticism and dumb luck. I think he'll be a monster if the right coach gets a hold of him.

Very bold because I think there is close to zero percent chance of this happening.

My not-so-bold prediction is Malik Jefferson dominates the Combine. I've been talking to scouting buddies and coaches and they keep talking about his superior SPARQ-type numbers.

I'm curious to see how Tremaine Edmunds looks in agility and coverage drills. He's a long-armed, physical freak and only like 19 years old? That's crazy.

Kyzir White is another one of my draft crushes. He played linebacker, safety, and corner for the Mountaineers so I'm hoping he does well in the coverage drills. A lot of those big safety types have stiff hips but if Kyzir was playing corner he should be able to show smooth hips in transition and good feet.

We'll see. It's Christmas for us draft nerds.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I have a feeling Denver will trade up with Cleveland to get ahead of Giants for their pick of the QBs. Arizona is another team i have a good feeling will trade up to get their pick of Allen, Lamar Jackson, or Mayfield. May even trade up to 5th overall to get ahead of the Jets having Cleveland trade back twice. Bills is the 3rd trade up im predicting. Could see Cleveland taking whichever QB is left with the 15th pick they get from Arizona.

Thinking about it Saints and Steelers are in a position to do what Green bay did and take a QB late in the 1st to sit behind their aged star QB and develop. Jags also need competition for Bortles as well. With the lack of first round talent, its possible 6 or 7 QBs(doubtful 7 but you never know) go in the first if Luke Falk, Mike White, or Mason Rudolph Impress enough to make a team feel he wont last long in the 2nd round.

You think the Browns will not take a QB in the first draft slot?
The one thing they really need to move forward?

tm1119

Reaction score
Only 1 of Ro Smith or Edmunds go in the top 19
Only 3 qbs go in the top 19
Only 2 o lineman in the top 19

After those 3 things the Cowboys have 1 hell of a tough choice at 19

Pokes12

Reaction score
Here are some of mine:

We trade Zeke for NYG 2nd pick in the draft and we get Saquon Barkley, who never gets into trouble and is twice the player Zeke is.