What are your bold, pre-combine draft predictions?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Here are some of mine:

Maurice Hurst and Arden Key fall out of the 1st round, with Key falling past the second.

Davenport gets picked before Chubb.

Derwin James goes #28 or later. I think there's a 30% chance or so he falls out of the first round, as teams don't value his coverage skills nearly as much as fans do.

Taven Bryan gets selected in mid-1st round.

Vita Vea gets selected top 10. I'm basing this on him running well at the combine. If he runs sub 5.00, I'm a lot more confident of this prediction.

The Seminoles had Derwin playing the same role as Jalen Ramsey at FSU, which was a hybrid drop down safety/LB. Folks made the mistake of thinking Ramsey wasn't good off his college INT totals. Same goes for Derwin.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think James Washington is going to run a poor 40 time (relatively speaking); something in the order of low to mid 4.5s (eg 4.54-4.56).

The talk of 320 lbs Vea running a supposed sub- 5.0 forty is pure comedy.

DT Hurst is going to show he's not near the athlete Aaron Donald is. I think Hurst has the potential of surprising alot and dropping into the late 2nd round. I think he's a two down player.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don't think he lights the NFL on fire with passing numbers as a rookie, but I think Lamar Jackson will be a weekly contributor to the highlight shows as a playmaker for some team that sprinkles him into their offensive game plan.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Just for kicks because this will NEVER happen. If James and Vea were both there when we pick, which do you want? Which do the Cowboys take? I'm pretty sure the Cowboys would take James, but you never know.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cant sleep so i will play along.

My bold predictions are 3 big trade ups will happen and 5 QBs will be off the board by the time we pick resulting in Ro Smith, Calvin Ridley, Tremaine Edmunds, or Derwin James to fall right into our laps.
:dance:

timb2

Reaction score
Mike Mayok will act he knows everything and that he knew that this player was going to do good or bad even though they are either in his mock draft(bad ones will be) or not(the good ones).Mayok will play it off again as a KNOW-IT-ALL even though he knows as much as you and me.

Mel Kiper's hair will spawn itself because Kiper is going to retire and McShay will be infected with this 70s disco look.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think James Washington is going to run a poor 40 time (relatively speaking); something in the order of low to mid 4.5s (eg 4.54-4.56).

DT Hurst is going to show he's not near the athlete Aaron Donald is. I think Hurst has the potential of surprising alot and dropping into the late 2nd round. I think he's a two down player.

Agreed on Washington. Someone draftnik called the Big 12 a "defense-optional league", and I don't think that's wrong. I don't think Washington is nearly the athlete or receiver that his numbers would suggest.

The thing to watch for Hurst will be his broad and vertical jumps. He looks like a pretty mediocre athlete when he's running out in space, but he's very fast off the line and has a lot of power for his size. I'm betting that his leg drive is crazy.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
-Kyle Lauletta ends up going ahead of Mason Rudolph
-Harold Landry tumbles out of the first round
-Mike McGlinchey is the first tackle picked
-Isaiah Oliver vaults up in the CB group and ends up going in the first
-Donte Jackson does not run the blistering 40 time he is expected to do and is a day 3 pick
-Virginia DL Andrew Brown goes way higher than people think
-Boston College Issac Yiadom goes in the 2nd round

cnuball21

Reaction score

I'm not sure what James is going to run but his game speed is no joke. There's plays where you see deep, off coverage respecting his deep threat ability and he still blows by people.

Obviously the timed speed is important, but I think teams will highly value his game speed.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
im going to predict Malik Jefferson will go surprisingly early in the 2nd as long as he doesnt say anything stupid like not caring much for football
he was seen last week with a 40" vert and in 2014 did a 39.5" plus a sub 4.4 40
if he backs that up running a 4.5 or lower with his size he will move

He is your classic workout warrior, and like you said, this is the time of year where those guys stock really starts taking off.

Jefferson is just an athlete playing football, but I doubt there are five better athletes in this class. Definitely not ten.