What are your feelings about trading Zack Martin?

Aven8

Reaction score
First of all I preface this by saying I don’t even know it’s feasible. As for everyone that wants to complain at Dak’s 2024 cap hit currently at 59 million, Zack’s cap hit number comes in 2nd at 28.5 million for 2024.

Yes he’s been a good soldier and one of the most decorated Olineman in Cowboys history, but why not trade him while he still has value? His play is declining IMO and I’m just throwing it out there to get the boards thoughts.

Sydla

Reaction score
In a rebuild, sure..........

This isn't a rebuild so it makes no sense to trade away your best OL and create yet another hole when you have a question at center and your LT is injury riddled.

And PS - his "declining" play is overstated. Yeah, he's not as good as he was 6 years ago, but he was an all pro again last year.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I feel like the poster of the year on this post!!!! Please give your thoughts!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I’m ok with it at the right price. Martin objectively took a step back this season. People have to come to terms with that
but they won't!! All they'll say is the same they're saying about tyron he's still good and basically talk about the OLD player he used to be as if it's the present!

rags747

Reaction score
I would be fine with it. Maybe you get a 3/4 in return?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
For a pick and cap relief? He’s not the same Martin anymore and he’s now our 2nd highest paid player. Roll with the youth. Hoffman and Bass played really well in spot duty last season.
what about lawrence??

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He was first team all pro last year.

His "decline" is grossly exaggerated. Yeah, he's not the guy he was as a 3rd year mauler but he's still quite good.
crazy and it was last summer he asked for his deal to be fixed $$$$

MarcusRock

Reaction score
In a rebuild, sure..........

This isn't a rebuild so it makes no sense to trade away your best OL and create yet another hole when you have a question at center and your LT is injury riddled.

And PS - his "declining" play is overstated. Yeah, he's not as good as he was 6 years ago, but he was an all pro again last year.
He held out for more money then went on to get called for holding once this season. Typical get paid and relax player. You want to hold on to him and have 2 holding calls against him this season?

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Good teams cut bait when the value is high. I’d have no objections with it as long as we got something of value in return. Knowing this team though he’s a lifer though even if the decline is staring them down the barrel