What are your game day traditions?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I love Sunday! My routine is simple and scheduled around a full day of football.
  • Make coffee
  • Watch TV and check a few internet sites for latest info. Hope for no new reported injuries to Cowboys players.
  • Make breakfast
  • 10 AM watch games: 1 on TV, watch other games on the laptop.
  • After morning games completed, catch up on all the other games.
  • 1 PM watch games: 1 on TV, watch others on the laptop.
  • Halftime make lunch
  • After afternoon games completed catch up on the other games.
  • 5:30 PM game either watch at home or meet with friends for beers and apps.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch the game ALONE ( especially avoiding in-laws ). Over the years, people who I know me, know I DO NOT attend any events or answer any phones ( short of lift threating). Just ask my mom, kids, dog or wife......LOL.

Other words, if you need me for anything......it better happen before game-time.
As long as you can finish said task before the game starts!? :popcorn:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Tape it on my trusty VCR and watch later sans the commercials. Takes me about 50 minutes to watch a game.

Avoid all the chicken feces celebrations after routine catches n runs...really gets old watching these tools today.

I'm ok for celebrations when the situation and catch/run are great...routine plays not so much.

Go Cowboys!

VCR? Are you a VHS or Betamax user?!

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Record the game.

Turn off the phone so i get no texts or calls.

Do not answer the door.

Will do laundry or something. Maybe watch the early game.

Once the game is in the 4th quarter I will turn it on. I hate the waiting during commercials.

I have no designed menu.

I dang sure stay away from this place until i have seen the game.

CWR

Reaction score
My tradition is to get really pissed, curse and act like a total jackwagon then make my wife mad at me, to which she will hold a grudge for the next 3 days. Then next Sunday rolls around and I try to be better behaved but eventually fail and repeat the entire process. Good times. Lets go COWBOYS!

starfan1

Reaction score
I have no real process. I don't watch every Sunday as sometimes I have things to do. Laughing at the message board meltdowns especially at the ranch. I don't normally interact but will view and laugh at usual culprits. I don't drink but wings are a regular weekend food item and i like a good pot of chili

Turtle0986

Reaction score
Depdening on the time the game is on, I will have lunch early if its a noon game, order pizza for a late afternoon game or grill burgers for a evening game. Once it starts I only get up for drinks or snacks when there is a break in the game, watching it on the big screen in my living room. I have turned down friends who wanted to go out if there was a game on lol, but they never take it personally

Doomsday77

Reaction score
I am shocked at how many "go it alone" in this forum! We supposedly outnumber all other teams fans and yet we are watching alone??? If it's a night game that would be me also but any other time I have 1 friend who loves the Cowboys like I do and we make some serious loud noises.

In a perfect world I would be tailgating hours before the game with everyone and anyone and then sitting on the lower bowl screaming my *** off. But that's just me.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Living in nyc, if its a Sunday day game I go to the same dive bar near a federal prison (not joking) and get me some wings and plenty of Miller Light drafts. I'm used to being way outnumbered and in enemy territory.

If its a night game I usually stay home and stalk around my apartment yelling. Usually some bourbon involved.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I take the wall hangings down and that is my wailing wall during the game. I don my sackcloth jersey put ashes on my forehead and begin chopping the hemlock for the daiquiri's.

I invite the neighborhood kids over just to yell at them to get off my lawn before they get to the door. That after moving the traps around in the yard, they're getting cagier.
However, I am a catch and release old codger. Don't want to have to look after them or listen to them cry.

I practice stringing cuss words together into unintelligible rantings and ravings 10 minutes before kickoff. Then I sit down in front of the TV and wait in what I can only describe as silence of the disturbed...….and I wait.