What are your thoughts on Taco?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
My thoughts about Taco are now few and far between these days.

He's a first round pick taken more for need than his overall talent.

1st round draft picks are better taken for starting than for rotating.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
eye ball test tells me he is a better player this year vs last.
off the snap.
vs the run.
more active.
he's a better player.
and he is the least of our concerns right now.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Im still not seeing it in this kid. Takes time or not, he just doesn't have IT. Kid gets pushed around badly all game long. The few plays he makes is when he is unblocked.

Thoughts?

Good preseason. OK start to the regular season. He is at least a decent player. Time will tell if he can be a star.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Good preseason. OK start to the regular season. He is at least a decent player. Time will tell if he can be a star.

Well that's what I tried to tell people in the PRESEASON when they were hyping him up. He was looking better against 2nd and 3rd string players, but no one would listen. Now he is going up against front line LT's in the NFL and he is horribly outclassed. Its obvious.

And quite frankly I see little to no improvement. The kid is getting much much more playing time, yet his stats are similarly bad. Too slow, too weak, no moves. he doesn't have ANYTHING you would want in a pass rushing DE other then long arms and height. Looks the part, cant play the part.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Im still not seeing it in this kid. Takes time or not, he just doesn't have IT. Kid gets pushed around badly all game long. The few plays he makes is when he is unblocked.

Thoughts?
He has potential.
And the taco restaurant that struck a deal with him? Is it still open?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Well that's what I tried to tell people in the PRESEASON when they were hyping him up. He was looking better against 2nd and 3rd string players, but no one would listen. Now he is going up against front line LT's in the NFL and he is horribly outclassed. Its obvious.

And quite frankly I see little to no improvement. The kid is getting much much more playing time, yet his stats are similarly bad. Too slow, too weak, no moves. he doesn't have ANYTHING you would want in a pass rushing DE other then long arms and height. Looks the part, cant play the part.

There have been enough busts in Dallas to know what a bust looks like. At least Taco is competing. I think he is better this year than last. Not sure he is a difference maker though. Not quite ready to bury the guy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There have been enough busts in Dallas to know what a bust looks like. At least Taco is competing. I think he is better this year than last. Not sure he is a difference maker though. Not quite ready to bury the guy.

Anything can happen but to this point he looks like a JAG.

Cmac

Reaction score
Need to stop that "Hot Boyz" talk and show on film.