What Are....

·[A]koN·

Reaction score
Might seem like a stupid question but, what are some ACTIVE FOOTBALL PLAYERS out there that are Cowboy fans? .... can someone name any..?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
·[A]koN· said:
Might seem like a stupid question but, what are some ACTIVE FOOTBALL PLAYERS out there that are Cowboy fans? .... can someone name any..?
The 80+ guys trying to make the squad in 2005.

Damn now my eyes are killing me.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
I think what he's trying to say is that if there is any players whom aren't on the Cowboys roster that are fans just like you and me.

Such a person would be like Tim Couch, Quincy Carter, or Ty Law.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:
I think what he's trying to say is that if there is any players whom aren't on the Cowboys roster that are fans just like you and me.

Such a person would be like Tim Couch, Quincy Carter, or Ty Law.
None of whom have a prayer of making this team.

DallasKnight

Reaction score
Well, Randy Moss was a huge Cowboy fan until we passed him up in the draft...

And Merriman was a huge Cowboy fan untill we...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Moss loved us growing up, which is why he beats the snot out of our secondary every time we play him.... :banghead:

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Not sure if he is still active, but Brian Mitchell is a huge Cowboys fan. I had a chance to play golf with him at a charity event once when he was playing for the Eagles (he is from my part of Louisiana). After a few beers, he spilled the beans and admitted he was a fan...however, he did say that money changes everything, especially when the other side is paying you millions.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
Hostile said:
None of whom have a prayer of making this team.

Maybe Quincy and Ty don't but Tim Couch hasn't been a bad apple since he got in the league. Granted he's struggled but he hasn't been a complete bust like Ryan Leaf. He could be worth a look should Bledsoe be lost for the season.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
Not sure if he is still active, but Brian Mitchell is a huge Cowboys fan. I had a chance to play golf with him at a charity event once when he was playing for the Eagles (he is from my part of Louisiana). After a few beers, he spilled the beans and admitted he was a fan...however, he did say that money changes everything, especially when the other side is paying you millions.

i'm guessing that millions buy considerable loyalty. unless your TO, of course.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:
Maybe Quincy and Ty don't but Tim Couch hasn't been a bad apple since he got in the league. Granted he's struggled but he hasn't been a complete bust like Ryan Leaf. He could be worth a look should Bledsoe be lost for the season.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Thanks, I needed that

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
i'm guessing that millions buy considerable loyalty. unless your TO, of course.

Very true. Especially when you are a poor boy from Plaquemine, Louisiana making a name for yourself in the NFL.

However, I know that TO had rough times during his childhood as well. Perhaps he should reflect on that before making an arse out of himself.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Thanks, I needed that

What's so funny? You don't think very highly of Tim Couch, do you? I don't think highly of him either but he's the best out there should we seek a veteran QB.

wxcpo

Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:
What's so funny? You don't think very highly of Tim Couch, do you? I don't think highly of him either but he's the best out there should we seek a veteran QB.

I agree. One only has to go look at Steve Young's career in Tampa Bay to see what a change in scenery could do for a player. No I am not saying Couch could be the next Steve Young, but if surrounded by the right coaching who knows what his possibilities could be. Also he has put up numbers pretty comparable to Vinny and Bledsoe the last couple of seasons and he is much, much younger so why wouldn't a team give him a shot. Not saying those numbers are going to win a championship, but Vinny sure wasn't going to and neither is Bledsoe. Couch completed 62% and 59% of his passes with 18 & 7 TD passes in his last 2 seasons (24 games combined). That was playing for a very pathetic Browns team that had squat at WR. Imagine him on a team that offered som additional offensive weapons. I think he could still be a very successful QB.

I would like to see the Cowboys bring him in and see what he could do, at least he has played more than 2 quarters of NFL football in the last couple of season unlike our current 2 & 3 QBs.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Fred Smoot was. SHaun SPrings dad is the son of a former cowboy so I imagine he is.

·[A]koN·

Reaction score
Freakin' Moss!¡ skoring minimum 3 TD's vs. us everytime :mad:
I Certainly didnt know about Springs or Law being Cowboy Fans....

blindzebra

Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:

Anything happens to Bledsoe and Vinny is back. We could have had Couch last year, remember?:rolleyes:

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Anything happens to Bledsoe and Vinny is back. We could have had Couch last year, remember?:rolleyes:
I disagree BZ. I think if Bledsoe goes down we will sail with Romo or Henson...whoever wins the #2 job in TC. Even Parcells has to know that Vinny is done and we would be better off with a green rookie than him. Our young guys would both have to really stink it up to get us saddled with Vinny again and I don't think wither of them would be that bad.

blindzebra

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I disagree BZ. I think if Bledsoe goes down we will sail with Romo or Henson...whoever wins the #2 job in TC. Even Parcells has to know that Vinny is done and we would be better off with a green rookie than him. Our young guys would both have to really stink it up to get us saddled with Vinny again and I don't think wither of them would be that bad.

I never said who'd play, I just said Vinny would come back.;)

If Henson looks another year away and Romo does not show vast improvement over last preseason, I would not rule Vinny coming back even without Bledsoe getting hurt.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I never said who'd play, I just said Vinny would come back.;)

If Henson looks another year away and Romo does not show vast improvement over last preseason, I would not rule Vinny coming back even without Bledsoe getting hurt.
We played last year with those two guys as backups...I cannot concieve of Vinny coming back with a healthy Bledsoe here. Honestly, I have a hard time imagining him back here under ANY circumstances.