CFZ What can be done to save the season?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
1. MCCarthy taking over play calling.

2. Bench LVE start anybody else at MLB. Thats the main problem with the Cowboy defense. You have to have a Pitbull type DOG in the middle. LVE is a toothless poodle. We need a Ken Norton killer type Dog in the MLB position. Not a guy making business decisions and out of position all the time.

3.We need to find 2 more Dogs at DT and stop rotating them in and out all the time. If I'm DC I'm keeping my best two in there until they tap out. For me. Far too much situational football happening. Keep your best defensive players out there as much as you can.

4.We need a 3rd receiver. Maybe it'll be the Steeler guy. Brown seems to have reached his ceiling.

5. Have tougher practices within the rules. Every time I look up Mike is saying we need a break or we're giving them the day off. F! that!

6. Stop worrying about OBJ. I really don't want him in Dallas to begin with. But to keep him from going to other teams we might face I'll except it if it happens. It's not going to matter anyway if the defense keeps playing like they are.

7. And finally. Quit hitting like a bunch of girls out there. I have Direc TV NFL. So I'm watching as many games as I can. For me Dallas is one of the least physical teams on both sides of the ball that I watch. We need to get more physical. Play with more aggression and passion. And play with some anger and a chip on our shoulder. They play more like a bunch of entitled elites.

Season not over yet. But I've seen this movie far too many times to not know the ending unless things change. Diamond news early. Coal news late.

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
1) Maybe, but I doubt it happens. As long as KM commits to running the football hes fine
2) Possibly... LVE isnt great, but I'm not sure you have a better option, and honestly I think you have bigger issues than one player right now, especially with the number of outside runs that are going for big plays. Clark seems better suited as a weak side backer to me and should rotate with Barr. The LVE replacement is probably Micah, but I would rather him spend more time as a pass rusher.
3) Not sure who you find in November to come in and actually make a difference. Suh maybe, but do we even know if he has kept in shape? Any desire to play still? Probably a reason he is still sitting in FA
4) Accurate, honestly I don't have a ton of faith in Washington being a difference maker after being out for so long...plus the guy wasnt much of a factor in Pittsburgh. Brown is nice to have but a better #4 rotational receiver than anything
5) This team is already pretty beat up and needed that bye week. You're at the point in the season where teams tend to start to dial back practice intensity anyways. Doubt this happens.
6) Why give up on OBJ when your previous point was that we dont have a reliable 3rd receiver? OBJ fits that role perfect.
7) This comment is absolutely insane....
8) Maybe there is something to this, but often the physical narrative changes with winning and losing. Just a few weeks ago this team would have been described as physical....at that time though they were committed to the run game on offense and this defense was dominating everyone.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Uh, nothing. This isn’t the leaky faucet in your home. This team sucks so bad, a higher power couldn’t fix it. There’s too much wrong with this team. Coaching, coordinators, attitude, culture, QB, RB, WR, secondary, injuries, D-line, management, the list goes on. This team can’t be fixed. It’s a miracle we got to 6-3. We’ll be lucky to finish 8-9.

coult44

Reaction score
1. MCCarthy taking over play calling.

2. Bench LVE start anybody else at MLB. Thats the main problem with the Cowboy defense. You have to have a Pitbull type DOG in the middle. LVE is a toothless poodle. We need a Ken Norton killer type Dog in the MLB position. Not a guy making business decisions and out of position all the time.

3.We need to find 2 more Dogs at DT and stop rotating them in and out all the time. If I'm DC I'm keeping my best two in there until they tap out. For me. Far too much situational football happening. Keep your best defensive players out there as much as you can.

4.We need a 3rd receiver. Maybe it'll be the Steeler guy. Brown seems to have reached his ceiling.

5. Have tougher practices within the rules. Every time I look up Mike is saying we need a break or we're giving them the day off. F! that!

6. Stop worrying about OBJ. I really don't want him in Dallas to begin with. But to keep him from going to other teams we might face I'll except it if it happens. It's not going to matter anyway if the defense keeps playing like they are.

7. And finally. Quit hitting like a bunch of girls out there. I have Direc TV NFL. So I'm watching as many games as I can. For me Dallas is one of the least physical teams on both sides of the ball that I watch. We need to get more physical. Play with more aggression and passion. And play with some anger and a chip on our shoulder. They play more like a bunch of entitled elites.

Season not over yet. But I've seen this movie far too many times to not know the ending unless things change. Diamond news early. Coal news late.

The Cowboys have the 5th best record in the NFC and guess what only 5 teams in the entire NFL have a better record. They’ve lost two more games than the team with the best record. If after week 1 you would’ve told me we’d be 6-3 right now, I would’ve called you crazy.
“Saved” ??? WTH
My God where do y’all come up with this stuff??

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Our run defense is going to have to dramatically improve or the writing is on the wall for this season. We can’t be getting gashed for 200 rushing yards every week and expect to win at least four of our last seven games, which is what we’re likely going to have to do to make the playoffs. We’ve given up an average of 30 points the past two games and we just had a rookie WR who hadn’t done anything all season score three TDs on us. Our defense has been the only thing we’ve been able to hang our hats on this season and it’s starting to show some serious cracks. Earlier in the season there’s no way our defense would’ve given up a 14 point lead, especially to a bad team. Parsons and the rest of our defense is going to have to get back to playing the way it was or else.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
  • Eliminate Slow Starts
  • Eliminate Stupid Penalties
  • Severely reduce self inflicted wounds
  • Fix the run defense

Do these things and we have a shot, but the first 3 seem endemic for our organization.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
The Cowboys have the 5th best record in the NFC and guess what only 5 teams in the entire NFL have a better record. They’ve lost two more games than the team with the best record. If after week 1 you would’ve told me we’d be 6-3 right now, I would’ve called you crazy.
“Saved” ??? WTH

We're not in the NFC Least anymore. 12-5 or even 11-6 may not get you in with a divisional title or wild card. Time to quit the pom poms for the team. Time to bare down. Dallas has a 2 to 3 game loss window to get in the playoffs. So they better get their #### together and fast!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Man I can’t believe the negativity on these boards. No one is harder on this team than me but even I see the positives. This team is 6-3 with a favorable schedule down the stretch. Sure a tough loss in GB but this team always finds ways to make things harder. I think benching LVE is a no brainer. Start thinking about help at CB with all the injuries. Get Washington involved. Gallup gets healthier. OL stays solid. These guys are going to win 11-12 games. No doubt.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
We're not in the NFC Least anymore. 12-5 or even 11-6 may not get you in with a divisional title or wild card. Time to quit the pom poms for the team. Time to bare down. Dallas has a 2 to 3 game loss window to get in the playoffs. So they better get their #### together and fast!
11-6 won't get you in? 12-5 already is a given you get in....Who are you afraid of passing the Cowboys for the 7th seed? You think Green Bay with 6 loses already is going to run the table? Washington? Atlanta? Arizona?

Lets at least look at the standings before a post like this.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Why do people think McCarthy would be able to just step in and take over playcalling? By his own admission he is not that involved in the offence. So he just going to step in an take command of something he likely doesn't even have a good grasp of?

kevm3

Reaction score
Nothing. This is a fundamentally flawed team that everyone with common sense seen coming a mile away. We are super weak against the run and we downgraded our offense letting Amari and Cedric Wilson walk. We should have done something in free agency. Once Dak leaves, someone else is going to be the scapegoat

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
11-6 won't get you in? 12-5 already is a given you get in....Who are you afraid of passing the Cowboys for the 7th seed? You think Green Bay with 6 loses already is going to run the table? Washington? Atlanta? Arizona?

Lets at least look at the standings before a post like this.

You can't guarantee Dallas won't lose 6 or 7. 10 teams are in it -maybe 2 more can sneak up. You do the math....

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
“Saved” ??? WTH
Standards are so low around here that losing to a big time competitor with a lot on the line whilst sitting in 3rd place in the division is “fine”.