CFZ What can be done to save the season?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Standards are so low around here that losing to a big time competitor with a lot on the line whilst sitting in 3rd place in the division is “fine”.
I think you should make everyone in here run until they puke... maybe they will realize that you dont accept mediocrity. YOU WANT WINNERS IN YOUR FORUM, DAMN IT!

hutch1254

Reaction score
You would of had to prepare to have that shoot,right?

Here we go guys:laugh:These guys have been making the same threads for 27 years and been wrong:facepalm: I been making or saying this for 27 years and been right. Yet they laugh:huh::lmao2:

Opinions vary. Thanks for your support.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
1. MCCarthy taking over play calling.

2. Bench LVE start anybody else at MLB. Thats the main problem with the Cowboy defense. You have to have a Pitbull type DOG in the middle. LVE is a toothless poodle. We need a Ken Norton killer type Dog in the MLB position. Not a guy making business decisions and out of position all the time.

3.We need to find 2 more Dogs at DT and stop rotating them in and out all the time. If I'm DC I'm keeping my best two in there until they tap out. For me. Far too much situational football happening. Keep your best defensive players out there as much as you can.

4.We need a 3rd receiver. Maybe it'll be the Steeler guy. Brown seems to have reached his ceiling.

5. Have tougher practices within the rules. Every time I look up Mike is saying we need a break or we're giving them the day off. F! that!

6. Stop worrying about OBJ. I really don't want him in Dallas to begin with. But to keep him from going to other teams we might face I'll except it if it happens. It's not going to matter anyway if the defense keeps playing like they are.

7. And finally. Quit hitting like a bunch of girls out there. I have Direc TV NFL. So I'm watching as many games as I can. For me Dallas is one of the least physical teams on both sides of the ball that I watch. We need to get more physical. Play with more aggression and passion. And play with some anger and a chip on our shoulder. They play more like a bunch of entitled elites.

Season not over yet. But I've seen this movie far too many times to not know the ending unless things change. Diamond news early. Coal news late.
Sale the team and move it to Canada...
We could dominate in the CFL, I'm being cereal here.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Nothing. This is a fundamentally flawed team that everyone with common sense seen coming a mile away. We are super weak against the run and we downgraded our offense letting Amari and Cedric Wilson walk. We should have done something in free agency. Once Dak leaves, someone else is going to be the scapegoat
If and when Dak does leave, just saying, it will be very interesting to see his performance wherever he ends up.

kskboys

Reaction score
Our run defense is going to have to dramatically improve or the writing is on the wall for this season. We can’t be getting gashed for 200 rushing yards every week and expect to win at least four of our last seven games, which is what we’re likely going to have to do to make the playoffs. We’ve given up an average of 30 points the past two games and we just had a rookie WR who hadn’t done anything all season score three TDs on us. Our defense has been the only thing we’ve been able to hang our hats on this season and it’s starting to show some serious cracks. Earlier in the season there’s no way our defense would’ve given up a 14 point lead, especially to a bad team. Parsons and the rest of our defense is going to have to get back to playing the way it was or else.
Only way to do that is to start running the ball again. The passhappy O is what's ruined our D.

catiii

Reaction score
HOW ABOUT PUTTING IN COOPER RUSH AGAIN! DAK CAN KEEP THE BENCH WARM.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
  • Eliminate Slow Starts
  • Eliminate Stupid Penalties
  • Severely reduce self inflicted wounds
  • Fix the run defense
Do these things and we have a shot, but the first 3 seem endemic for our organization.
Yes they do- they have been going on a long time now. Apparently theres not an easy fix to it or nobody is committed to fixing it. The slow starts I don't get. Sometimes they seem to know exactly what to do, Moore calls good plays and they take it down and impressively score a TD, then the next few drives are 3 and outs and its like its a different team and a different person calling plays. He has no consistency. Its maddening.

jay94

Reaction score

2. Bench LVE start anybody else at MLB. Thats the main problem with the Cowboy defense. You have to have a Pitbull type DOG in the middle. LVE is a toothless poodle. We need a Ken Norton killer type Dog in the MLB position. Not a guy making business decisions and out of position all the time.

3.We need to find 2 more Dogs at DT and stop rotating them in and out all the time. If I'm DC I'm keeping my best two in there until they tap out. For me. Far too much situational football happening. Keep your best defensive players out there as much as you can.

4.We need a 3rd receiver. Maybe it'll be the Steeler guy. Brown seems to have reached his ceiling.

5. Have tougher practices within the rules. Every time I look up Mike is saying we need a break or we're giving them the day off. F! that!

6. Stop worrying about OBJ. I really don't want him in Dallas to begin with. But to keep him from going to other teams we might face I'll except it if it happens. It's not going to matter anyway if the defense keeps playing like they are.

7. And finally. Quit hitting like a bunch of girls out there. I have Direc TV NFL. So I'm watching as many games as I can. For me Dallas is one of the least physical teams on both sides of the ball that I watch. We need to get more physical. Play with more aggression and passion. And play with some anger and a chip on our shoulder. They play more like a bunch of entitled elites.

Season not over yet. But I've seen this movie far too many times to not know the ending unless things change. Diamond news early. Coal news late.

Considering Gallup is not a number 2 this season, OBJ is a big deal.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Nothing, dak can't just drive the bus. How did GB win, oh running the ball and throwing fewer? Big shoot dak can't do that.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

We’re 6-3. The season doesn’t need ‘saving’. That would project out to 11-12 wins. That’s a good record and wins the East most years.

I have the ticket, too. The Cowboys are not the least physical team in the NFL.

They need to be able to stop/slow down the run. Do that and we’ll be fine.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
When we lose, to many fans it seems all is lost…when we win, to others it’s like we will never lose again. The NFL is completely unpredictable. I’m still amazed at how many people here think they know what’s going to happen. None of us do.

Especially this season. Look at the Jets.