CFZ What can be done to save the season?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Vikings-Giant's-Colt's-Texans-Eagles-Titans-Commanders. I can see 6 loses easily here if this team doesn't get their #### together.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You said they were 6-2...Not me....:laugh:
Typo, irrelevant. The season doesn't need "saving," a few things need to be cleaned up. But don't let me stop you feeling the way you do.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think defense needs to honor the run, you can't have edge rushers pinching down as hard as the Cowboys do. interior line can't be trying to shoot gaps and running all the stunts. They will have to anchor down the inside. Right now Dallas is attacking like every play is a pass play and selling out on the pass rush.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I think defense needs to honor the run, you can't have edge rushers pinching down as hard as the Cowboys do. interior line can't be trying to shoot gaps and running all the stunts. They will have to anchor down the inside. Right now Dallas is attacking like every play is a pass play and selling out on the pass rush.

Nice post. Our defensive ends never hold the edge. They're so busy trying to push forward to get their sacks. Some are so busy worrying about the sacks they forget the run.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You can't guarantee Dallas won't lose 6 or 7. 10 teams are in it -maybe 2 more can sneak up. You do the math....
With all do respect my man I am doing the math. If the Cowboys lose 7 it gets dicey, but you said no guarantee at 5 or 6 losses which is just an outrageous statement. Of the teams on the outside looking in they have records of

5-5
4-6
4-6
4-6

It's almost mathematically impossible to miss out at 5 wins already since everyone outside looking in has at least 5 loses. Even at six losses it's tough to miss out unless the Cowboys drop both remaining games to the Giants and Washington, otherwise they should either A) pass New York in the standings or B) control the tie breaker with Washington, possibly both.

With Washington playing the Cowboys again, NYG twice, and SF still those issues should all take care of themselves.

Maybe a team like Green Bay can get hot, but they still play Tennessee, Philly, and Miami. Not to mention the Bears and Rams aren't gimmes either.

The Cowboys have to play under 500 ball the rest of the way to miss out on the playoffs. With Houston and Jacksonville on the schedule that is a tough thing to do. If they drop both games coming up this is a more serious discussion though.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Let's see how they do this week.

I've been saying that this team has some dog in them, something we haven't seen for quite some time. They just got punched in the mouth. That can be a good thing.

We'll find out this week if they really do have some legit bite behind the bark or if they fooled me.

This is where the real leaders emerge.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
With all do respect my man I am doing the math. If the Cowboys lose 7 it gets dicey, but you said no guarantee at 5 or 6 losses which is just an outrageous statement. Of the teams on the outside looking in they have records of

5-5
4-6
4-6
4-6

It's almost mathematically impossible to miss out at 5 wins already since everyone outside looking in has at least 5 loses. Even at six losses it's tough to miss out unless the Cowboys drop both remaining games to the Giants and Washington, otherwise they should either A) pass New York in the standings or B) control the tie breaker with Washington, possibly both.

With Washington playing the Cowboys again, NYG twice, and SF still those issues should all take care of themselves.

Maybe a team like Green Bay can get hot, but they still play Tennessee, Philly, and Miami. Not to mention the Bears and Rams aren't gimmes either.

The Cowboys have to play under 500 ball the rest of the way to miss out on the playoffs. With Houston and Jacksonville on the schedule that is a tough thing to do. If they drop both games coming up this is a more serious discussion though.
No team wants to play the 49ers now. I'm not even seeing GB unless Rodgers go on that run he had a few years ago. And didnt that start with Dallas even back then?:facepalm: Like I said. If Dallas doesn't get it together 7 loses are real. I doubt 7 loses gets you there. Or you will have tie breakers. Respect back to you...

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Save the season? Shaking loose of the fair weather fans would be a good start.

coult44

Reaction score
Standards are so low around here that losing to a big time competitor with a lot on the line whilst sitting in 3rd place in the division is “fine”.

Not at all, but sometimes you have to remind yourself that there’s almost half a season to go. According to some, the season should be stopped right now.

Praxit

Reaction score
..its actually quite simple. Never over think problems.

Fix Run defense
Dak w/receivers need better sync, to avoid Int's
IMO play calling is fine, just balance it.

...then clean up bone head penalties.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
11-6 won't get you in? 12-5 already is a given you get in....Who are you afraid of passing the Cowboys for the 7th seed? You think Green Bay with 6 loses already is going to run the table? Washington? Atlanta? Arizona?

Lets at least look at the standings before a post like this.
Washington and Cardinals are severe threats to the 7th seed spot. 49ers and Giants have their spots secured but we are in severe danger for getting eliminated for contention. It may be best to sit this year out considering the division and our standing as a team. We aren’t doing anything by worsening our draft pick.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
And they need to find a way to get Micha going. Teams have figured him out.

hutch1254

Reaction score
The season is lost? Ok. Well either way I've enjoyed the season so far. My expectations were low and I expect to eventually see the same ending to the movie that I get every year but the season has been fun so far. Just kind of enjoying it and see what happens. 6-3 in a conference that is filled with absolute garbage play at multiple positions across multiple teams but the season is lost. Alright. Opinions vary.

blueblood70

Reaction score
1. MCCarthy taking over play calling.

2. Bench LVE start anybody else at MLB. Thats the main problem with the Cowboy defense. You have to have a Pitbull type DOG in the middle. LVE is a toothless poodle. We need a Ken Norton killer type Dog in the MLB position. Not a guy making business decisions and out of position all the time.

3.We need to find 2 more Dogs at DT and stop rotating them in and out all the time. If I'm DC I'm keeping my best two in there until they tap out. For me. Far too much situational football happening. Keep your best defensive players out there as much as you can.

4.We need a 3rd receiver. Maybe it'll be the Steeler guy. Brown seems to have reached his ceiling.

5. Have tougher practices within the rules. Every time I look up Mike is saying we need a break or we're giving them the day off. F! that!

6. Stop worrying about OBJ. I really don't want him in Dallas to begin with. But to keep him from going to other teams we might face I'll except it if it happens. It's not going to matter anyway if the defense keeps playing like they are.

7. And finally. Quit hitting like a bunch of girls out there. I have Direc TV NFL. So I'm watching as many games as I can. For me Dallas is one of the least physical teams on both sides of the ball that I watch. We need to get more physical. Play with more aggression and passion. And play with some anger and a chip on our shoulder. They play more like a bunch of entitled elites.

Season not over yet. But I've seen this movie far too many times to not know the ending unless things change. Diamond news early. Coal news late.
SAVE?? are we 4-5???? most of the post game reactions make it seem that way LOL

how about one thing do Not give up 200 yards Rushing or blow a 14point lead when your offense gave you 28 points,, they allowed 29, 31 now b2b games team ran it 45+ time and over 200 yards

id say fix this now backtracking in a downward trend defense, and we will be fine..

yes its that simple

bring back that defense that allowed 19, 17, 10, 10, 6 , etc or heck id take under 24 we would win most of those.

75boyz

Reaction score
What can save the season is IF the Cowboys trio of GM, HC and QB can manage to beat 4 consecutive playoff level GMs, HCs and QBs.
No problem at all. Lombardi #6 is pretty much a guarantee this year when that happens.
Cowboys!

Uh, sarcasm. But only slight, lol.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The season is lost? Ok. Well either way I've enjoyed the season so far. My expectations were low and I expect to eventually see the same ending to the movie that I get every year but the season has been fun so far. Just kind of enjoying it and see what happens. 6-3 in a conference that is filled with absolute garbage play at multiple positions across multiple teams but the season is lost. Alright. Opinions vary.
right, the responses are as if we are 4-5? needs saving. that like pulling the shoot, still on the airplane.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nice post. Our defensive ends never hold the edge. They're so busy trying to push forward to get their sacks. Some are so busy worrying about the sacks they forget the run.

for the most part that has worked, it has created turnovers and it has stopped offenses from putting up points. Yes some teams have ran but in the end they still lost the game. This game they lost which I think will cause Dallas to change things up