CFZ What can be done to save the season?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
SAVE?? are we 4-5???? most of the post game reactions make it seem that way LOL

how about one thing do Not give up 200 yards Rushing or blow a 14point lead when your offense gave you 28 points,, they allowed 29, 31 now b2b games team ran it 45+ time and over 200 yards

id say fix this now backtracking in a downward trend defense, and we will be fine..

yes its that simple

bring back that defense that allowed 19, 17, 10, 10, 6 , etc or heck id take under 24 we would win most of those.

To be honest I wanted to change the title but didn't know how:laugh: Watch those sorry azzz Packers lose Thursday night. Can't wait.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Washington and Cardinals are severe threats to the 7th seed spot. 49ers and Giants have their spots secured but we are in severe danger for getting eliminated for contention. It may be best to sit this year out considering the division and our standing as a team. We aren’t doing anything by worsening our draft pick.
Best to sit out? This team has the 6th best record in all of football. The overreaction to one loss is wild. With 8 games left a lot can still happen, but if the Cowboys can go 5-3 they should be in pretty easily, even 4-4 the rest of the way you need Washington to basically go 6-1 or the 4-6 teams to run the table. Aside from Green Bay head to head the Cowboys are in a really good spot with the tie breakers being 5-3 in the conference. They drop the next two i'll start to panic a little bit, but even after the loss they still have some cushion for the wild card and really aren't even out of the division race with Philly losing.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When we lose, to many fans it seems all is lost…when we win, to others it’s like we will never lose again. The NFL is completely unpredictable. I’m still amazed at how many people here think they know what’s going to happen. None of us do.

Jarntt

Reaction score
1. MCCarthy taking over play calling.

2. Bench LVE start anybody else at MLB. Thats the main problem with the Cowboy defense. You have to have a Pitbull type DOG in the middle. LVE is a toothless poodle. We need a Ken Norton killer type Dog in the MLB position. Not a guy making business decisions and out of position all the time.

3.We need to find 2 more Dogs at DT and stop rotating them in and out all the time. If I'm DC I'm keeping my best two in there until they tap out. For me. Far too much situational football happening. Keep your best defensive players out there as much as you can.

4.We need a 3rd receiver. Maybe it'll be the Steeler guy. Brown seems to have reached his ceiling.

5. Have tougher practices within the rules. Every time I look up Mike is saying we need a break or we're giving them the day off. F! that!

6. Stop worrying about OBJ. I really don't want him in Dallas to begin with. But to keep him from going to other teams we might face I'll except it if it happens. It's not going to matter anyway if the defense keeps playing like they are.

7. And finally. Quit hitting like a bunch of girls out there. I have Direc TV NFL. So I'm watching as many games as I can. For me Dallas is one of the least physical teams on both sides of the ball that I watch. We need to get more physical. Play with more aggression and passion. And play with some anger and a chip on our shoulder. They play more like a bunch of entitled elites.

Season not over yet. But I've seen this movie far too many times to not know the ending unless things change. Diamond news early. Coal news late.
Save the season? If it ended today we would be in the playoffs.

catiii

Reaction score
Nothing. We're DOOOMED. "This is the end, my only friend the end." :eek::muttley:

doomsday808

Reaction score
Solve the problems with the run defense!
Running backs that are in line and waiting to have a big day.
Dalvin Cook
Saquon Barkley
Jonathan Taylor
Dameon Pierce-Great Rookie year!!
Miles Sanders and Jalen Hurts
Derrick Henry
Brian Robinson

This is a scary bunch of running backs, all licking their chops to run it up and around the field. I believe teams have found the formula to beat this defense and put the game in Dak's hands. We need to figure out how to stop the run. I don't trust Dak without our defenses' help to win us games. It is NOT going to be easy. If the run defense isn't fixed, we are in trouble.

1) Run Defense
2) We could use another weapon on Offense. WR!
3) Penalties

conner01

Reaction score

2. Bench LVE start anybody else at MLB. Thats the main problem with the Cowboy defense. You have to have a Pitbull type DOG in the middle. LVE is a toothless poodle. We need a Ken Norton killer type Dog in the MLB position. Not a guy making business decisions and out of position all the time.

3.We need to find 2 more Dogs at DT and stop rotating them in and out all the time. If I'm DC I'm keeping my best two in there until they tap out. For me. Far too much situational football happening. Keep your best defensive players out there as much as you can.

4.We need a 3rd receiver. Maybe it'll be the Steeler guy. Brown seems to have reached his ceiling.

5. Have tougher practices within the rules. Every time I look up Mike is saying we need a break or we're giving them the day off. F! that!

6. Stop worrying about OBJ. I really don't want him in Dallas to begin with. But to keep him from going to other teams we might face I'll except it if it happens. It's not going to matter anyway if the defense keeps playing like they are.

7. And finally. Quit hitting like a bunch of girls out there. I have Direc TV NFL. So I'm watching as many games as I can. For me Dallas is one of the least physical teams on both sides of the ball that I watch. We need to get more physical. Play with more aggression and passion. And play with some anger and a chip on our shoulder. They play more like a bunch of entitled elites.

Season not over yet. But I've seen this movie far too many times to not know the ending unless things change. Diamond news early. Coal news late.
I guess dial 800-stud DT

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nothing as our only hope is Zeke (Like Jerry has said multiple times) saves the season with his running which in turn keeps our defense fresh and rested.
Anyone who thinks the Colts,Titans,D.C. Giants, Minn, Jags, and Eagles are gimmie wins they better send me what they're smoking ASAP!
The problem was and will always be # 4 ineptness at QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

the only thing we have to do is defensively learn to stop the run. if we stop the run, we will be much better team. if we don't any average to good team will beat us handily.
teams have figured that out and they are going to pound it until we stop it. and its getting worse. past 4 games we have given up over 100 yards rushing every game. the only game we were any good was against Rams. so far in 9 games we have had two games less than 100 yards.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Nothing as our only hope is Zeke (Like Jerry has said multiple times) saves the season with his running which in turn keeps our defense fresh and rested.
Anyone who thinks the Colts,Titans,D.C. Giants, Minn, Jags, and Eagles are gimmie wins they better send me what they're smoking ASAP!
The problem was and will always be # 4 ineptness at QB.

Amen. We don't show up? We could lose any of these games.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
When we lose, to many fans it seems all is lost…when we win, to others it’s like we will never lose again. The NFL is completely unpredictable. I’m still amazed at how many people here think they know what’s going to happen. None of us do.
I just posted what I think need to be done to up our chances of getting to a Super Bowl. I never said the season was over. And is there a way to edit your title??

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just posted what I think need to be done to up our chances of getting to a Super Bowl. I never said the season was over. And is there a way to edit your title??
Yes. Just PM me what you would want to change.