What Cbssportsline (GRIDIRON GURU) says . . .

31hammer

Reaction score
about Henson

Cowboys QB Drew Henson isn't a lock to even make the 53-man roster. He has shown little evidence that he can become an effective pro starter in his short tenure with the team and his struggles in camp have been all over the Dallas newspapers. In fact, the team might be forced to sign a veteran quarterback (Vinny Testaverde?) to serve as the immediate backup to Drew Bledsoe. Owners in dynasty leagues who might have Henson on their roster might want to reconsider that decision in the next few weeks.

Damn I know he looks bad but I didn't know it was this bad

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
31hammer said:
about Henson

Cowboys QB Drew Henson isn't a lock to even make the 53-man roster. He has shown little evidence that he can become an effective pro starter in his short tenure with the team and his struggles in camp have been all over the Dallas newspapers. In fact, the team might be forced to sign a veteran quarterback (Vinny Testaverde?) to serve as the immediate backup to Drew Bledsoe. Owners in dynasty leagues who might have Henson on their roster might want to reconsider that decision in the next few weeks.

and the Cowboys waste all of that money on him?No way.He'll make the roster.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
31hammer said:
about Henson

wouldnt put much stock into this guys report...he probably isnt there, and almost assuredly hasnt talked to anyone in the Cowboys organization...

David

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
I'm not jumping on this wagon.....but if some of this is true (really looking that bad), then he must be a mental case because he has the physical tools.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Some parent's basement living nerd who only has a fantasy football perspective says it, so it must be true.:rolleyes:

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
IF you believe our head coach, the criticism of Henson has been completely unfair one week into training camp (as he said today in his PC).

He is going to give each QB 1/3 of the snaps Saturday night.

We should all probably wait a few weeks before writing Mr. Henson's obituary (seems like our head coach hasn't yet notified any next of kin).

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
I'm not jumping on this wagon.....but if some of this is true (really looking that bad), then he must be a mental case because he has the physical tools.

nah, it couldnt be that he might be hurt could it?

David

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BulletBob said:
IF you believe our head coach, the criticism of Henson has been completely unfair one week into training camp (as he said today in his PC).

We should all probably wait a few weeks before writing Mr. Henson's obituary (seems like our head coach hasn't yet notified any next of kin).

That makes way too much sense, the villagers already have their pitch forks and touches are lit as well as some of the villagers themselves. LOL

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
BulletBob said:

It's a slap in the face to those who 'have never been wrong about a pedigree QB' though ... stay tuned ...

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Some parent's basement living nerd who only has a fantasy football perspective says it, so it must be true.:rolleyes:

Still think it's stupid that Bledsoe is here?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
djdoug said:
and the Cowboys waste all of that money on him?No way.He'll make the roster.
Don't be so sure. If he stays on the roster, that means there is no viable backup if Bledsoe goes down for a few games.

Would you cut Romo and keep a struggling Henson on the roster just to save money? Doesn't seem like Bill's style, does it?

blindzebra

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Still think it's stupid that Bledsoe is here?

Yes, I do because I'm sick of average to crappy QB play and it's time to find out if our future QB is on the team.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Don't be so sure. If he stays on the roster, that means there is no viable backup if Bledsoe goes down for a few games.

Would you cut Romo and keep a struggling Henson on the roster just to save money? Doesn't seem like Bill's style, does it?

yeah,but we're talking about Jerry's pocketbook.How much doues Henson count against the cap?

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:

This is the point I've been making for the past couple of days ...

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Yes, I do because I'm sick of average to crappy QB play and it's time to find out if our future QB is on the team.

Patience most urgent grasshoppa ...

BZ -->:shoot4:<-- BnA

Patience is a virtue ... it's not as urgent as you make it sound ... we've got a solid guy that can play for another couple of years if things go right ... and we know what to expect from him ... not to mention he's one of Parcells all-time favorite guys ... one he hand picked ... you're in for a surprise here ... why squander a year when you can compete?

Like Parcells said, you don't have to get hit in the face over and over and over by a skunk to realizie it smells ... Drew Henson is stinking it up ... the future is now with Drew Bledsoe behind center ... I'm thankful that we don't have to see another season go by because we're developing something that will never pan out ...

Mike 1967

Reaction score
blindzebra said:

I never understand these types of comments when they come off of these types of boards.

This guy is getting paid to voice his opinion.

You have almost 5,000 posts on an obtuse board...and are not getting paid for sharing your opinion......and this guy is the nerd in the parents basement ?

Sometimes I get the perception that some here have "writers envy"

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
I never understand these types of comments when they come off of these types of boards.

This guy is getting paid to voice his opinion.

You have almost 5,000 posts on an obtuse board...and are not getting paid for sharing your opinion......and this guy is the nerd in the parents basement ?

Sometimes I get the perception that some here have "writers envy"

The writer doesn't agree with him ...

Nuff' said.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Patience most urgent grasshoppa ...

BZ -->:shoot4:<-- BnA

Patience is a virtue ... it's not as urgent as you make it sound ... we've got a solid guy that can play for another couple of years if things go right ... and we know what to expect from him ... not to mention he's one of Parcells all-time favorite guys ... one he hand picked ... you're in for a surprise here ... why squander a year when you can compete?

Like Parcells said, you don't have to get hit in the face over and over and over by a skunk to realizie it smells ... Drew Henson is stinking it up ... the future is now with Drew Bledsoe behind center ... I'm thankful that we don't have to see another season go by because we're developing something that will never pan out ...

Your description of Bledsoe sounds an awful lot like Testaverde. I dont think your objective about Henson, dont get why but you have something against the guy. You could end up right but the reality of it is both Henson AND Bledsoe are tosses of the coin as far as what their futures are concerned. Let's hope for the best either way, meanwhile trashing a Cowboy simply for not exceling isn't too cool to me.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:

Sure he does Wally ...