What chance does this offense have against the Rams?

ESisback

Reaction score
SF was a physical team, that may be the answer to beat Rams. Current Rams team has a lot of talent , playmakers but still a finesse team , they can be beaten in the trenches game ( with some talent for scoring points ) .

Now , looking at our Cowboys , can you say they would outphysical most opponents? I think not. ( if they could , they should have beaten SF handily)
We need a massive, physical OL again!

ESisback

Reaction score
He would be better than ANYONE on our team next year not named Parsons....and maybe Dak because he is a QB.

“Can’t have steak on every plate”—Bill Parcells

Little early to make failure speculations into facts, but since we’re already there, MAYBE some famous names might not impact their new teams a whole lot.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
“Can’t have steak on every plate”—Bill Parcells

Little early to make failure speculations into facts, but since we’re already there, MAYBE some famous names might not impact their new teams a whole lot.
You are absolutely right....you cannot have steak at every position. But you do need steak at some...especially when your Head Coach is not "steak". And I would argue the only steak we have are Parsons and Martin. With Diggs trending in the right direction and Cee Dee being a "wait and see". Not sure how he will fare now that he will be the WR teams will try to "key on".

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Everyone thought the Pats were awesome mowing through the AFC Least all those years…
The Pats also mowed through the decent teams too, which is something that the Boys are struggling with.................

ESisback

Reaction score
You are absolutely right....you cannot have steak at every position. But you do need steak at some...especially when your Head Coach is not "steak". And I would argue the only steak we have are Parsons and Martin. With Diggs trending in the right direction and Cee Dee being a "wait and see". Not sure how he will fare now that he will be the WR teams will try to "key on".
I’d also add:
Slightly above average…Lawrence, Shultz
Rising with potential…Cox, Gallimore, Odighizuwa
Fading, but still above average…Smith
Wait and see…Bossman, Armstrong

ESisback

Reaction score
The Pats also mowed through the decent teams too, which is something that the Boys are struggling with.................

Belly and Goat Boy were a generational “perfect storm”, and the 6 gimmes every year added momentum.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry calls to say thank you for believing in him. God knows he has earned your loyalty!
common sense called and said he misses you, overreaction calls and says, bestie keep up the nonsense 6months before game 1, red foreman called and you know what he things of you!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You are not on my level
Just your first analysis that Dak will be the same shows a complete lack of analysis.

last year he came off major surgery and couldn’t even throw until late in TC. He’s now a year removed from the leg injury and will get a full offseason to throw and get in tune with his pass catchers.

your analysis is completely wrong.

then the fact that you make bold claims before the draft or FA is finished shows another complete lack of understanding.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
  • A QB that I project to be the same
  • The TE position I project to be the same
  • A RB group that got WORSE (you don't get better at this position by getting older)
  • A WR corps that got WORSE (you don't get better by releasing your best WR and replacing him with and UNPROVEN Cee Dee Lamb and a WR that will not even be ready to start the season)
  • An OL that got WORSE - Tyron Smith is NOT getting better. I hope Martin stays the same. The LG is vacant. Our starting C is a backup. And the RT is average with his ceiling being "above average" (notice I did not say good, great, or excellent).
We played a NFC West team in the playoffs...and it was not even close. When you think about how EASILY we beat up on the NFC East...and contrast that with how EASILY we were beaten by a team from the NFC West...a team that is not even the best team from the NFC West...beaten in our own stadium...what is there to be optimistic about? Our amount of cap room? The amount of mid-round picks we are piling up? How on earth does the Jones family expect us to maintain any respect for them. Or how many times do they have to tell us "we don't care" before we start believing them?!?!?!?!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Just your first analysis that Dak will be the same shows a complete lack of analysis.

last year he came off major surgery and couldn’t even throw until late in TC. He’s now a year removed from the leg injury and will get a full offseason to throw and get in tune with his pass catchers.

your analysis is completely wrong.

then the fact that you make bold claims before the draft or FA is finished shows another complete lack of understanding.
The fact that you think Dak has not reached his ceiling is comical. And I am not a Dak hater. I just have pretty good idea of who he is. How dare I use the "sample size" we already have.

The problem is the Jones boys have ALWAYS thought a players ability is based on their paycheck. And I get "wanting" that to be the case. But sports business is like no other business...and the Jones refuse to embrace that. Paying Dak a lot of money does not mean he can elevate lesser players. Just like "encouraging" Zeke to play when he was clearly hampered last year....because he made the most money...made ZERO sense when his injury was hampering his effectiveness and the chances of winning. But that is ALWAYS how the Jones boys operate.

A certain percentage of the salary cap has been allocated to a hand full of players...and the Jones boys expect those players to carry us to a Super Bowl...even they have already proven they can't. You see the Rams did not let the amount of money they paid Goff and Gurley prevent them from moving off of them when it was clear to the organization that those guys were not good enough. That is simply not how it works in Dallas. We stick with guys we paid because we don't want to admit we were wrong. We hand out the #88 or the #94 because it is marketable AND we think a player will receive some sort of extra boost once they put the jersey number on. I still laugh at Jerry Jones thinking Isiah Stanback could be the next TO because they were the same height, weight, speed and skin complexion. The Jones boys are clowns. We have been and continue to be trolled!!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The fact that you think Dak has not reached his ceiling is comical. And I am not a Dak hater. I just have pretty good idea of who he is. How dare I use the "sample size" we already have.

The problem is the Jones boys have ALWAYS thought a players ability is based on their paycheck. And I get "wanting" that to be the case. But sports business is like no other business...and the Jones refuse to embrace that. Paying Dak a lot of money does not mean he can elevate lesser players. Just like "encouraging" Zeke to play when he was clearly hampered last year....because he made the most money...made ZERO sense when his injury was hampering his effectiveness and the chances of winning. But that is ALWAYS how the Jones boys operate.

A certain percentage of the salary cap has been allocated to a hand full of players...and the Jones boys expect those players to carry us to a Super Bowl...even they have already proven they can't. You see the Rams did not let the amount of money they paid Goff and Gurley prevent them from moving off of them when it was clear to the organization that those guys were not good enough. That is simply not how it works in Dallas. We stick with guys we paid because we don't want to admit we were wrong. We hand out the #88 or the #94 because it is marketable AND we think a player will receive some sort of extra boost once they put the jersey number on. I still laugh at Jerry Jones thinking Isiah Stanback could be the next TO because they were the same height, weight, speed and skin complexion. The Jones boys are clowns. We have been and continue to be trolled!!!!!

I said nothing about ceiling. As far as Dak he is much healthier then last year and gets to work with his guys.

The rest you get no argument from me. Zeke should be cut.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your football IQ suggest you should consider not responding.
You appear to not even realize Dak had a big injury last year in the offseason. What does that say about your IQ?

And your “unproven” lamb comment is another laugher.

Lamb has two full years here and proved last year he was already the #1 here in Dallas. You appear to be way off on all of it.

Typical cry baby type that rants before he thinks. Easy prey for someone like me.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
You appear to not even realize Dak had a big injury last year in the offseason. What does that say about your IQ?

And your “unproven” lamb comment is another laugher.

Lamb has two full years here and proved last year he was already the #1 here in Dallas. You appear to be way off on all of it.

Typical cry baby type that rants before he thinks. Easy prey for someone like me.
Joe Burrow says injury sminjury

And if Cee Dee Lamb has proven he is our #1....Lord help us.

I bleed silver and blue. Would love nothing more than to be wrong about Dak, Cee Dee etc....but if a 27 year sample size makes me easy prey for you....I've got some swamp land in Florida for sale...you seem like the ideal buyer

75boyz

Reaction score
If the offense cannot figure out a running game to keep the defense honest, this offense will fail.

It won't matter if it's the Rams or just any decent defense.

Things will stay the same of succeeding against poor opponents and failing when forced to pass to beat better teams.

That is who this team is.