What chance does this offense have against the Rams?

CWR

Reaction score
I hear you...but I guess what about the coaching staff or players leads us to believe we will not be a penalty machine? We generally are a penalty machine. And Mike McCarthy announces AFTER the season that is something he will address!!!

I think the players we parted ways with will help fix the penalty problem, at least to an extent. MM his self isn't a penalty problem. In fact GB was always one of the least penalized teams with MM. More than anything that star on the helmet appears to lead towards more penalties.

Creeper

Reaction score
It appears we aren't trying to get better. They want to march out the same team minus a few key players, and with the draft picks. That isn't going to make us significantly better. It isn't enough to get over the hump. We look one and done, again. Things can change, but it looks unlikely at this point.

Is that it or is Jerry so delusional now that he thinks they actually did get better? He sounds like he is so full of himself he is certain they will draft a LG who will start right away - and be a raging success. This troubles me because it sounds like no matter who they draft, or how bad he plays, he will be the starter because Jerry will be convinced he is a good player - because Jerry drafted him.

ESisback

Reaction score
I think the players we parted ways with will help fix the penalty problem, at least to an extent. MM his self isn't a penalty problem. In fact GB was always one of the least penalized teams with MM. More than anything that star on the helmet appears to lead towards more penalties.
They watch the Star more closely. This is just speculation, but consider the evidence. Remember that eight game stretch where our opponents didn’t receive even ONE holding penalty? How many times have we seen a game altering play in our favor negated by a timely subjective penalty? They keep track of the sheer number of penalties (of which we’re not #1), but why not the timing of those flags? I’d bet the farm Dallas is #1 THERE!

CWR

Reaction score
They watch the Star more closely. This is just speculation, but consider the evidence. Remember that eight game stretch where our opponents didn’t receive even ONE holding penalty? How many times have we seen a game altering play in our favor negated by a timely subjective penalty? They keep track of the sheer number of penalties (of which we’re not #1), but why not the timing of those flags? I’d bet the farm Dallas is #1 THERE!

During that stretch we also led the league in QB pressures, which makes it even more ridiculous.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It appears we aren't trying to get better. They want to march out the same team minus a few key players, and with the draft picks. That isn't going to make us significantly better. It isn't enough to get over the hump. We look one and done, again. Things can change, but it looks unlikely at this point.
Even if we had a great draft, would still need depth like Fehoko, Farniok, Ball, Cox, Gholston to become relevant quickly and become key contributors asap.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
  • A QB that I project to be the same
  • The TE position I project to be the same
  • A RB group that got WORSE (you don't get better at this position by getting older)
  • A WR corps that got WORSE (you don't get better by releasing your best WR and replacing him with and UNPROVEN Cee Dee Lamb and a WR that will not even be ready to start the season)
  • An OL that got WORSE - Tyron Smith is NOT getting better. I hope Martin stays the same. The LG is vacant. Our starting C is a backup. And the RT is average with his ceiling being "above average" (notice I did not say good, great, or excellent).
We played a NFC West team in the playoffs...and it was not even close. When you think about how EASILY we beat up on the NFC East...and contrast that with how EASILY we were beaten by a team from the NFC West...a team that is not even the best team from the NFC West...beaten in our own stadium...what is there to be optimistic about? Our amount of cap room? The amount of mid-round picks we are piling up? How on earth does the Jones family expect us to maintain any respect for them. Or how many times do they have to tell us "we don't care" before we start believing them?!?!?!?!
On paper, none.
On the field, I'd say about a 40% chance to win if the defense keeps improving. You don't have to have the best players at every position to win. If that's all it took, there wouldn't be much reason to watch the games.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
They beat the Cardinals, Bucs, 49ers, and Bengals when it mattered.

I was just talking the regular season. The Rams did beat some good teams in the playoffs and the Cowboys did not. Dallas needed to play better at the end of the season and did not. The Rams did. That was the point I was trying to make before I realized I was conversing with a troll.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I was just talking the regular season. The Rams did beat some good teams in the playoffs and the Cowboys did not. Dallas needed to play better at the end of the season and did not. The Rams did. That was the point I was trying to make before I realized I was conversing with a troll.
The Cowboys played terrible against good teams more often than they played well. The end.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
  • A RB group that got WORSE (you don't get better at this position by getting older)
  • A WR corps that got WORSE (you don't get better by releasing your best WR and replacing him with and UNPROVEN Cee Dee Lamb and a WR that will not even be ready to start the season)
  • An OL that got WORSE - Tyron Smith is NOT getting better. I hope Martin stays the same. The LG is vacant. Our starting C is a backup. And the RT is average with his ceiling being "above average" (notice I did not say good, great, or excellent).
We played a NFC West team in the playoffs...and it was not even close. When you think about how EASILY we beat up on the NFC East...and contrast that with how EASILY we were beaten by a team from the NFC West...a team that is not even the best team from the NFC West...beaten in our own stadium...what is there to be optimistic about? Our amount of cap room? The amount of mid-round picks we are piling up? How on earth does the Jones family expect us to maintain any respect for them. Or how many times do they have to tell us "we don't care" before we start believing them?!?!?!?!

I think its safe to say you suck at projecting.

And on a side note, I dont think anyone would care or Jones if you turned in your fan card.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
[tell me who starts at corner opposite Diggs then I’ll answer.

QUOTE="bbailey423, post: 11819334, member: 5081"]
We played a NFC West team in the playoffs...and it was not even close. When you think about how EASILY we beat up on the NFC East...and contrast that with how EASILY we were beaten by a team from the NFC West...a team that is not even the best team from the NFC West...beaten in our own stadium...what is there to be optimistic about? Our amount of cap room? The amount of mid-round picks we are piling up? How on earth does the Jones family expect us to maintain any respect for them. Or how many times do they have to tell us "we don't care" before we start believing them?!?!?!?![/QUOTE]

Flamma

Reaction score

This is what they do every year for better or worse. They will not deviate from this SOP. Someone needs to tell them that when you make your own house rules playing a game, you do that because the game is too easy otherwise. Not the other way around.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Y’all do this crap every year…Rams will either be a borderline playoff team or miss it completely.

I usually don't, but this off-season has been a clown show. It started with the upskirts in the cheerleader locker room, then went to the Jerry baby daddy stuff and then the football moves began. We got rid of our wr1 for a 5th, a starting RT for absolutely nothing, and fouled up the Gregory contract. Then, we responded by bringing in ZERO new talent upgrades. I mean damn, what are they doing?

I'm happy we got our safeties and punter back, but meh on the no blocking, no tools TE. Still I don't believe we are considerably worse, more so I'm upset we aren't considerably better.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Depends on if the offense does its normal not show up in the 1st half or not. It's costed many games since 2016.