What chance does this offense have against the Rams?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
  • A QB that I project to be the same
  • The TE position I project to be the same
  • A RB group that got WORSE (you don't get better at this position by getting older)
  • A WR corps that got WORSE (you don't get better by releasing your best WR and replacing him with and UNPROVEN Cee Dee Lamb and a WR that will not even be ready to start the season)
  • An OL that got WORSE - Tyron Smith is NOT getting better. I hope Martin stays the same. The LG is vacant. Our starting C is a backup. And the RT is average with his ceiling being "above average" (notice I did not say good, great, or excellent).
We played a NFC West team in the playoffs...and it was not even close. When you think about how EASILY we beat up on the NFC East...and contrast that with how EASILY we were beaten by a team from the NFC West...a team that is not even the best team from the NFC West...beaten in our own stadium...what is there to be optimistic about? Our amount of cap room? The amount of mid-round picks we are piling up? How on earth does the Jones family expect us to maintain any respect for them. Or how many times do they have to tell us "we don't care" before we start believing them?!?!?!?!

We don't play them this offseason, and there's a good possibility we won't see them in the postseason, either.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
We don't play them this offseason, and there's a good possibility we won't see them in the postseason, either.
Well...one team has been in 2 super bowls in the last 4 years...the other team has not been to a super bowl in the last 27 years. So you are wrong...there is not a good possibility we will not see them in the postseason...there is a GREAT possibility we will not see them in the postseason.

DanA

Reaction score
Superbowls aren't won in April. The Buccs were "unbeatable" coming into the season and then suddenly they weren't.

Fire407

Reaction score
The playoffs are a whole new season. We will win the east and get a home playoff game again. But the old adage about any given Sunday is true. Any team could beat another team. I don't think the Bengals were better than the Chiefs, but they just happened to be that one day. To go deep into the playoffs we just have to win that first playoff game and hopefully build momentum like the Rams and Bengals did this past season.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
The playoffs are a whole new season. We will win the east and get a home playoff game again. But the old adage about any given Sunday is true. Any team could beat another team. I don't think the Bengals were better than the Chiefs, but they just happened to be that one day. To go deep into the playoffs we just have to win that first playoff game and hopefully build momentum like the Rams and Bengals did this past season.
I somewhat agree. But here is the problem. Dak cannot win straight 4 postseason games. So the team around him has to be good...including the coaching....ala Russell Wilson and the run the Seahawks had. And the team that lost in the playoffs last year in the opening round....is not better than the team that will take the field this year. You are either getting better or getting worse. Which are we doing?

DonaldM

Reaction score
The aren't that good. Bunch of old guys. We are the Cowboys. Just punch em in the mouth. What a Jimmy team would do.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Superbowls aren't won in April. The Buccs were "unbeatable" coming into the season and then suddenly they weren't.
You mean the Bucs that won the Super Bowl the year before? The team that WON in the wild card and lost by 3 points to the eventual Super Bowl champs? We are chastising them for not going back to back?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You are right....we won 12 games. How many of those were against good teams? The NFC East is not a good measuring stick
6 wins from nfce 6 from other teams like NO, Minn,chargers,carolina,atlanta. out of those only the chargers was a good team.
The rest of the good teams were the 4 games they lost.

it isnt that hard to make the playoffs, once in winning is what is hard. both dallas and phil were knocked out in wc round.

depending on the matchup, dallas could win a wc game.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
  • A RB group that got WORSE (you don't get better at this position by getting older)
  • A WR corps that got WORSE (you don't get better by releasing your best WR and replacing him with and UNPROVEN Cee Dee Lamb and a WR that will not even be ready to start the season)
  • An OL that got WORSE - Tyron Smith is NOT getting better. I hope Martin stays the same. The LG is vacant. Our starting C is a backup. And the RT is average with his ceiling being "above average" (notice I did not say good, great, or excellent).
We played a NFC West team in the playoffs...and it was not even close. When you think about how EASILY we beat up on the NFC East...and contrast that with how EASILY we were beaten by a team from the NFC West...a team that is not even the best team from the NFC West...beaten in our own stadium...what is there to be optimistic about? Our amount of cap room? The amount of mid-round picks we are piling up? How on earth does the Jones family expect us to maintain any respect for them. Or how many times do they have to tell us "we don't care" before we start believing them?!?!?!?!

Maybe we should just forfeit the season then?

Until the games are played no one knows how the teams will matchup. On paper last year the Cowboys roster should beat most in the NFL, but they exited in a close game in round 1.

blueblood70

Reaction score

you realize the draft hasnt happen , post draft cuts, and june 1st cuts and other player To be named all 6months before game 1 and you say this team we have now is the final; roster LMAO stop they nonsensical super premature and yes very sports ignorant posts. The offseason just started, its not over by long shot and it wasn't close,??? we laid and egg and lost by one score SIX Points that is VERY close.

Get over your own inefficiency's and lack of confidence and projecting it on others and the team ..this isnt the team we are rolling with and yes i say we can beat the rams. I remember the rams beat us in the payoffs ran all over us in 2018 and oddly enough we tore then a new awesome person in the regular season like made them look like children playing giants..

nothing that happened last year or this paper champion of an offseason carries over.as tb who brought back their entire SB winning team and didnt make it far in the playoffs..nothig the rams have done last year matters and yes we can beat them and any team..the games are actually played not guessed at on paper matchups.

how about we get to the actual games and we see the actual final roster and then start making wholesale kneejerk reactions. Some of you are truly cluseless on how sports work..this is the beginning of the offseason all the camps, practices and preseason games are to finalize the roster and after that you can still bring in players all the way up to the trade deadline ala 2018 when we made change and ended up in the 2nd round of the playoffs when this fans base said it was over at what 3-5 ..rigghhtt it was not over it never over until it actualy is and for sure not 5 weeks into an offseason..

blueblood70

Reaction score
6 wins from nfce 6 from other teams like NO, Minn,chargers,carolina,atlanta. out of those only the chargers was a good team.
The rest of the good teams were the 4 games they lost.

it isnt that hard to make the playoffs, once in winning is what is hard. both Dallas and phil were knocked out in wc round.

depending on the matchup, dallas could win a wc game.
UMMM NE was good team lets purposefully just forget that on the road record setting day,..sure this is what fans do selective memory's VTW its whan you play team and at the time we played Carolina they were perceived to be good, had winning record..same way we crushed those streaks by wft and philly..fans here all were picking against us and we embarrassed those teams not just beat them took them to the woodshed..

guess what nothing that happened last year effects what happens this year.,.time to let it got we are all 0-0 and crazy things happen all the time..

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
The main thing that needs to be fixed is the O-Line.; We need to establish a CONSISTENT RUN GAME first and foremost. Without that we stand little chance against anyone, let alone the Lambs.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Maybe we should just forfeit the season then?

Until the games are played no one knows how the teams will matchup. On paper last year the Cowboys roster should beat most in the NFL, but they exited in a close game in round 1.
Of course you don't forfeit. You do EVERYTHING to try to get BETTER. We exited in round 1. And the roster that lost in the first round got WORSE. Would you agree or disagree? Bobby Wagner would have been a difference maker this upcoming season. His former d coordinator is right here in Dallas. But the team that decided he was affordable are the reigning Super Bowl champs. Dallas thought guys like Randy Gregory were worth the kind of money Wagner got. Who would you rather have next year....Wagner or Gregory (yes I know he rejected our offer)? Wagner or Dalton Schultz?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
you realize the draft hasnt happen , post draft cuts, and june 1st cuts and other player To be named all 6months before game 1 and you say this team we have now is the final; roster LMAO stop they nonsensical super premature and yes very sports ignorant posts. The offseason just started, its not over by long shot and it wasn't close,??? we laid and egg and lost by one score SIX Points that is VERY close.

Get over your own inefficiency's and lack of confidence and projecting it on others and the team ..this isnt the team we are rolling with and yes i say we can beat the rams. I remember the rams beat us in the payoffs ran all over us in 2018 and oddly enough we tore then a new awesome person in the regular season like made them look like children playing giants..

nothing that happened last year or this paper champion of an offseason carries over.as tb who brought back their entire SB winning team and didnt make it far in the playoffs..nothig the rams have done last year matters and yes we can beat them and any team..the games are actually played not guessed at on paper matchups.

how about we get to the actual games and we see the actual final roster and then start making wholesale kneejerk reactions. Some of you are truly cluseless on how sports work..this is the beginning of the offseason all the camps, practices and preseason games are to finalize the roster and after that you can still bring in players all the way up to the trade deadline ala 2018 when we made change and ended up in the 2nd round of the playoffs when this fans base said it was over at what 3-5 ..rigghhtt it was not over it never over until it actualy is and for sure not 5 weeks into an offseason..
Jerry calls to say thank you for believing in him. God knows he has earned your loyalty!

ESisback

Reaction score
Of course you don't forfeit. You do EVERYTHING to try to get BETTER. We exited in round 1. And the roster that lost in the first round got WORSE. Would you agree or disagree? Bobby Wagner would have been a difference maker this upcoming season. His former d coordinator is right here in Dallas. But the team that decided he was affordable are the reigning Super Bowl champs. Dallas thought guys like Randy Gregory were worth the kind of money Wagner got. Who would you rather have next year....Wagner or Gregory (yes I know he rejected our offer)? Wagner or Dalton Schultz?
I think Wagner MAY have been slightly overrated for the money.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
San Fran beat the Rams twice earlier in the year before losing to them in the playoffs. One of the losses was pretty lopsided, something like 30-10. I would be more concerned that Dallas did not play better as the season went on. Hopefully clearing out some of the players who contributed to that will set a better tone going forward. I suspect the defense will be better. The offense doesn’t have to be #1 to win a championship.

SF was a physical team, that may be the answer to beat Rams. Current Rams team has a lot of talent , playmakers but still a finesse team , they can be beaten in the trenches game ( with some talent for scoring points ) .

Now , looking at our Cowboys , can you say they would outphysical most opponents? I think not. ( if they could , they should have beaten SF handily)