What changed since last week?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That's vague.
Try again, matey!

He's referring to how we were "shooting ourselves in the foot," so to speak. In other words, making mistakes and beating ourselves out of what would otherwise be wins. It also helps in no small measure that we were playing at home -- something that seems to make more difference around the league than it ever has. The home team advantages are getting out of hand.

Referees are struggling to enforce the growing number of new rules that only complicates their jobs. They appear to be catering to the home crowds more than ever, imho. Pro football has seemingly gotten altogether too complicated. Nobody knows what to think about all these anal new rules, anymore. It's getting beyond anything practical.

Last edited:

Pants

Reaction score
What's changed? to me, it looked like Garrett got out ot Moore's way and the defense decided to play - health also aided the offense (two tackles played)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I disagree.
Cowboys just played up to a solid team.

The Eagles have one of the worst secondary backfields in the entire NFL. It helped our cause considerably last night. If that's not enough, they have had as many injuries as we did, while we got Tyron Smith and Collins back at OT. Being at home served us well, also. Thank goodness that Zeke had his best day yet, while the Eagles were extremely generous with their turnovers. Put it all together and you have a resounding win. ;)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Mates from the urban buroughs, soulless Metroplex suburbs and plains of Mid America:

What changed within the Cowboys in a week?:huh:

1. Dak's leadership and steady hands on the bus?
2. Team execution?
3. A forceful game plan?
4. Garrett's rallying of his somnolent team?
5. The receiving corps stepping up?
6. Jerry applying pressure to the coaching staff?
7. Being opportunistic?

What drives a team from embarrassment in NYC to playing like a conference leader?
I must know.
And you must know as well.

Hollah, and brings me a dollah!
both RT and LT played....we were able to protect and run the ball. amazing what happens when your top players are in the game....

silvrNblue

Reaction score
You got back two starting OTs, even if one was not 100%.
You got back Cooper, who if people forgot was the reason we turned around things last year.
You got Woods back to help a little on the line but they still could run when they actually tried.
You got Tank fired up because the opposing coach made some idiotic statement to fire up the boys.
The eagles had butter fingers with the turn overs.
Those things helped
ALL of these reasons, and I am going to say it again regardless, clapper was not meddling in the offense...

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Nothing change other than the fact that Garrett was on the platform to be hung with a loss. In these situations he always wins and survives to see another day. I knew they would not only win but they would beat them easily.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Garrett getting back to doing what he does best..........nothing.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
yeah , Garrett's playbook went back to the shelf ; right beside a tecmo-bowl cartridge .

btcutter

Reaction score
I disagree.
Cowboys just played up to a solid team.

I hope you are being sarcastic.

Eagles OL is more overrated than ours. Their best WR by far is a 30+ old speedster who is having hard time staying healthy. Agular (sp) shouldn't be a starting WR in the NFL. Jefferies is basically a TE.
Eagles DL is good but Cox doesn't look like himself lately. Secondary is bottom 1/4 in the league.

JMech

Reaction score
Mates from the urban buroughs, soulless Metroplex suburbs and plains of Mid America:

2. Team execution?
3. A forceful game plan?
7. Being opportunistic?

What drives a team from embarrassment in NYC to playing like a conference leader?
I must know.

I suspect that them most inspiration that the team derived was directly from the Philly camp. When the coach said we will win this game.............that was the inspiration that the team needed.

Nothing came from Garrett, don't even kid yourself.

DHCBF66

Reaction score

2. Team execution?
3. A forceful game plan?
7. Being opportunistic?

I must know.

Tyron, La'al and Cooper....

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

2. Team execution?
3. A forceful game plan?
7. Being opportunistic?

I must know.

Apparently, I'm not allowed to express my opinion, being from the wooded regions of New England. :angry:

doomsday9084

Reaction score
1. Turnovers matter. They really, really matter. Its to the point where winning the turnover battle is the most important factor in winning most NFL games.
2. Penalties matter. Dallas wasn't great yesterday for penalties but they weren't taking a ton of points off the board or giving them to the Eagles with dumb penalties.
3. Having the tackles back helps.
4. The playcalling was noticeably more adventurous on both sides of the ball.
5. The Eagles really suck.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

2. Team execution?
3. A forceful game plan?
7. Being opportunistic?

I must know.

Motivation, my cowboy brother. Plain and simple