What could Gailey and Campo do with a team like this?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Looking at Wade on the sidelines, at press conferences and in public, I tend to wonder if he will be known as the worst coach in Cowboys history.

The popular notion is that Switzer was, though he does wear a Super Bowl ring. And that Super Bowl year for Barry deserves our praise if only for his not mucking it up that year the way Wade has this year.

Nonetheless, through the years, prevailing thought was that Campo was the worst, though loved by players, and Gailey was gifted but was not a leader either.

The sad fact is that, with a team as talented as this one, each of those two sad sacks could have done a better job, IF Garrett showed early season form. They would have done a better job by just not mucking it up the way Wade has. OK, injuries again, but this year all Wade had to do was not MESS IT UP. Just cruise the way he did last year. But he lent absolutely NO SPARK to the team. Just accolades and excuses for them.

Yeah, again, everyone will point to injuries. Well, get this: All teams have injuries. Some just manage them better and have brains enough for a semblance of DEPTH.
Not only did this team play injured, it was poorly led. Bad, bad combination.

So I say that IMHO injuries just give poor ol' Wade and his backers an excuse.

Let it be a new day. I want change. We should demand change.

Go away Wade, you witless wonder. Go away TODAY and give Jason a week to prepare the future version of the Cowboys.
The train is a'coming and you need to get off the tracks!!

:mad:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2408520 said:
Looking at Wade on the sidelines, at press conferences and in public, I tend to wonder if he will be known as the worst coach in Cowboys history.

I believe Gailey was a better coach than Campo, so it is not legitimate to lump him in with Campo. That said, Phillips is not much better than either.

Ranking the Cowboys coaches, I would go this way:

1) Landry
2) Johnson
3) Parcells
4) Switzer
5) Phillips
6) Gailey
7) Campo

Phillips dips below Gailey if he fails to make the playoffs with a team this talented. I do not care what last year's gaudy record states. Gailey achieved the postseason both years with some pretty basic talent.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
They'd run straight to the "GM" of this team and say ........."Yes, Jerry". And all would be right with the world.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
1) Landry
2) Johnson
3) Parcells
4) Gailey
5) Switzer
6) Phillips
7) Campo

I believe Gailey was a good coach who got dealt a bad hand....Puppet master for an owner and a veteran team of players who weren't gonna respect a 1st time head coach....

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Alexander;2408533 said:
I believe Gailey was a better coach than Campo, so it is not legitimate to lump him in with Campo. That said, Phillips is not much better than either.

1) Landry
2) Johnson
3) Parcells
4) Switzer
5) Phillips
6) Gailey
7) Campo

Phillips dips below Gailey if he fails to make the playoffs with a team this talented. I do not care what last year's gaudy record states. Gailey achieved the postseason both years with some pretty basic talent.

I could not agree more. But we still have Jerry Jones. The root of all this evil.
We don't stand a chance.......................Damn.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2408520 said:

The popular notion is that Switzer was, though he does wear a Super Bowl ring. And that Super Bowl year for Barry deserves our praise if only for his not mucking it up that year the way Wade has this year.

Nonetheless, through the years, prevailing thought was that Campo was the worst, though loved by players, and Gailey was gifted but was not a leader either.

The sad fact is that, with a team as talented as this one, each of those two sad sacks could have done a better job, IF Garrett showed early season form. They would have done a better job by just not mucking it up the way Wade has. OK, injuries again, but this year all Wade had to do was not MESS IT UP. Just cruise the way he did last year. But he lent absolutely NO SPARK to the team. Just accolades and excuses for them.

Yeah, again, everyone will point to injuries. Well, get this: All teams have injuries. Some just manage them better and have brains enough for a semblance of DEPTH.
Not only did this team play injured, it was poorly led. Bad, bad combination.

So I say that IMHO injuries just give poor ol' Wade and his backers an excuse.

Let it be a new day. I want change. We should demand change.

Go away Wade, you witless wonder. Go away TODAY and give Jason a week to prepare the future version of the Cowboys.
The train is a'coming and you need to get off the tracks!!

:mad:

Don't mean to sound like a hater but, who cares?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Campo and Gailey never did anything

Switzer is the most underrated coach we EVER had

BigR

Reaction score
lose

gailey and campo were both terrible head coaches

although considering what we currently have roaming the sidelines........

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;2408575 said:

I agree. People will throw the JIMMY'S TEAM argument out there, but Switzer won a Superbowl and went to an NFC Championship with them. They didn't fall off because of Switzer, they fell off because the Cowboys stopped replenishing cupboard of talent.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Alexander;2408533 said:

1) Landry
2) Johnson
3) Parcells
4) Switzer
5) Phillips
6) Gailey
7) Campo

I agree with your list, though I would point out that had Jimmy not got burned out by Jerry he likely would have won 4 Super Bowls in a row.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Monster Heel;2408602 said:
I agree. People will throw the JIMMY'S TEAM argument out there, but Switzer won a Superbowl and went to an NFC Championship with them. They didn't fall off because of Switzer, they fell off because the Cowboys stopped replenishing cupboard of talent.

I believe fully that the only reason the Cowboys lost to SF in the 1994 season NFC Title game was because of the mental shock still being there from Jimmy Johnson leaving. I don't believe for one second that had Jimmy stayed the Cowboys lose that game.

The following season the team coached itself to a SB win (one of the most incredbible accomplishments ever IMO).

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Nors;2408575 said:

They were only a figure head for the real coach, GM and Owner, Jerry Jones...

Wade is no different, he is just a puppet on the sideline waiting for instructions from the owner.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Nors;2408575 said:

Switzer won with Jimmie's players, he barely held that team together, we were very lucky to have won that SB with him.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
If you can tell me how Wade SCREWED this team up, BY ALL MEANS, GO FOR IT.

It's not like he's coachign bad, making bad decisions by going for it on 4th down in his own territory, or by screwing up clock management, the COACH isn't the problem.
Nothing wrong with a laid back NOT in your face rah rah coach, was Landry a RAH RAH coach?? He certainly was great, no?

He went 13-3 while Parcells couldn't sniff the playoffs with same team, and this year the reincarnation of Vince Lombardi as head coach and Belichick as our defensive coordinator wouldn't get us a much better record then 5-4 at this point anyway.

It's called injuries, KEY INJURIES!
The fact we have a winning record right now is amazing with all our key injuries.
You take away Brian Westbrook, Donavan McNabb, and 3/4 of the Eagles starting secondary and you think they would be BETTER then 5-4 right now????

You take away El Manning, Brandon Jacobs, and 3/4 of the Giants secondary you think the Giants would be BETTER then 5-4????

But somehow we can lose Romo/Felix/ 3/4 of our secondary, Kosier, Spencer, Pacman, our punter, and we are supposed to be BETTER then 5-4 right now??

It's like the Joe Torre syndrome, everyone in Ney York thought he SUCKED as a head coach, which he sort of did before he came to the Yankees, the Yanks then had all the talent int he world and Joe Torre was known as the greatest manager, fast foward to when his guys got olded he lost some in free agency, and the alent depleted, he got fired and everyone said he sucked as a head coach again.
It's the PLAYERS that make the team, ask the 95' cowboys if it's the caliber of players or the coachign staff that made them win games.

FACT IS, when healthy Wade made this team go 13-3, now when a TON and I mean a TON of key injuries hit, he all of a sudden SUCKS AGAIN, what is gonna happen if we go 6-1 and kick ace the rest of the year when healthy, did Wade suddenly learn how to coach again, would he UNSUCK at that point?
Or could it all be contributed to the injuries this team has had thus far?

I don't think Wade is a great coach, but he doesn't suck nearly as much as everyone thinks he doesn, Last I looked, Wade can't play C.B., Wade can't rush the passer, Wade can't protect the Q.B., Wade can't run the ball or catch a pass or not FUMBLE the ball, and Wade certainly can not play Q.B., and neither could Brad Johnson.

So cut the head coach some slack, he's not as bad as you guys think, he's nohe greatest coach, but he certainly doesn't completely suck, he is the same coach who most of us got excited when he 1st came here and if I remember clearly, when we went 13-3 most of you guys were saying how BILL PARCELLS was the problem and Wade is doing a better job coaching, too funny.

So, like I said, if we go 6-1 and look like wolrd beaters each week once we get everyone healthy after the bye week, will ANYONE give Wade any credit for that?
I mean, if your'e gonna bust his balls for having to try and win games with Brad Johnson (fact that he won ONE GAME with im is a miracle in itself) and bust his balls for having a winning record despite the fact of all the injuries, if he goes 6-1 the restof the season, you have to give him mass props, NO?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Bigdog24;2408796 said:
They were only a figure head for the real coach, GM and Owner, Jerry Jones...

Wade is no different, he is just a puppet on the sideline waiting for instructions from the owner.

And you call yourself a cowboys fan, COME ON, everyone knows that's the old JOKE, but couldn't be further from the truth, Jerry is busy opening a new stadium, making deals with the Yankees, etc., and has NEVER called one play on offense or defense, NEVER told the caoch ANY COACH to go for it on 4th down, Jerry WATCHES the game, does not get involved in game plans, play calling, ANYTHING, etc., for any REAL Cowboys fan to still think that he is giving his coach instructions is ******** if you ask me.